Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by BarryC
Is your client really giving this guy a million $$4 just because they are friends, or did this friend actually do something of value in a business sense?

This is weird, why doesn't your client just give him what is his? Or is your client really a million $$ sap?

==========

Great question(s).

The friend has creditor/bankruptcy issues that factor into the equation. I do not represent the friend nor have I spoken to him.

My client has no problem with financially providing for his soon to be wife conditioned upon her full anticipated performance of the enabling/requisite provisions of the Pre-Nup.

My client simply wishes to insure that he's fully disclosed that there is a portion of his estate that is earmarked for a 3rd party and is to remain a distinct, separate asset, not subject to equitable distribution or gross income computations.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My explanation to Scott F was shorter than yours, but I don't get paid by the word. grin

"Scott...... forget about the guy dying. THAT ain't what Bob's talking about. A WILL takes care of the dying part.

This is about how THE COUPLE'S assets will be divided in case of a divorce. The Client figures he owes a portion of his business to a long time friend.

He wants the friend's portion to be free and clear and not subject to any argument between the COUPLE in the event of a divorce."

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Precisely.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Gene...when my clients are very wealthy, I can be really, really, really wordy!!!

William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by logger
Having relationship problems?

grin

Refer to the "Wife doesn't love me thread"
Likely they will tell you to contact a "FEMALE" attorney. GW whistle

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by isaac

Haiku is 5-7-5, you frikken dummy. Here, let me help

The fine piece of ass

Won't overcome my fluids

Until I finish

I leave that up to Kamo.

He's Korean.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't find it now on Utube, but a few years ago there was a commercial where a couple are embracing, and the pretty young woman, says, "Yes Joe, I'll marry you, I love everything about you!!" They embrace again, but this time you see the woman looking around his house. She looks at a rock concert poster. Bing! It turns into a flower painting. She looks at his motorcycle. Bing! it's a now a minivan. She looks at his dog, a big Rottweiler. Bing! It's now a poodle! grin

I can see the logic of the prenup in this case, protecting Issac's client, in a fairly unusual situation.

Women WILL play the game of marrying a guy, THEN demanding he change something major in his life, or otherwise do some other big reveal. It's happened to me. If it's a reasonable request, i.e. don't gamble so much, fine, that's part of a healthy give & take. But when she wants him to make some major change in his life, what she may really want is a different person.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BarryC
Is your client really giving this guy a million $$4 just because they are friends, or did this friend actually do something of value in a business sense?

This is weird, why doesn't your client just give him what is his? Or is your client really a million $$ sap?

==========

Great question(s).

The friend has creditor/bankruptcy issues that factor into the equation. I do not represent the friend nor have I spoken to him.

My client has no problem with financially providing for his soon to be wife conditioned upon her full anticipated performance of the enabling/requisite provisions of the Pre-Nup.

My client simply wishes to insure that he's fully disclosed that there is a portion of his estate that is earmarked for a 3rd party and is to remain a distinct, separate asset, not subject to equitable distribution or gross income computations.

Ah hah! Now it makes perfect sense & I see why you make the big $$! smile

Those guys really are true buds!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow! There are a lot of "if's" that can sway that decision.

1Minute
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by 1minute
Wow! There are a lot of "if's" that can sway that decision.

============

True that. It's why one has a Pre-Nup.

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Tracks
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Marriage is potenially a sacrament, but is always a contract. The contractual view of marriage isn't limited to Muslims... anthropologically, the marriage contract is one of the few things that universal in nearly all cultures.

I have no problem with the OP question, and do not find it trifling at all.

Like some contracts, marriage has an escape clause, the old "till death do us part"
Too bad I forgot that part when I needed it.

Apparently Blackheart didn't.

Give him a call, he can hook a brothah up...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bro's before Hoe's.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He has no ex-wives, doc. He's rather young, quite wealthy, in love and desiring to marry another he's been seeing for years and afraid to let her know his buddy may become the millionaire, rather than her, upon their divorce, were it to happen.

Odds are good that this will become ex-wife number one.

I can understand the small head over ruling the big head, but your friends are a reflection on you, and if your fiance hates your best friend, that is a big warning sign.

Just tell him sooner or later she'll go Mrs. birddog on him.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

The friend has creditor/bankruptcy issues that factor into the equation.

Never mind the woman. The divorce between these guys is going to be epic.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am! grin

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems sorta obvious, if she hates his friend there's either something wrong with the friend or something wrong with her. Like others have said, most likely its her.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Sounds to me like she's already trying to run his life and that relationship isn't going to end well.

Dude needs to run and not look back.

This ^^^^

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You running?? wink

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Seems sorta obvious, if she hates his friend there's either something wrong with the friend or something wrong with her. Like others have said, most likely its her.

Birdwatcher;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully this finds you and yours well.

The answer you've given - in my experience and opinion - hits the points concisely.

The young man and the young lady would be much better off looking elsewhere for life partners. Their chances for success are slim to none.

All the best to you folks Birdwatcher.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by dawggone
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
keithie I'm pretty sure that was you handing out the judgment on men's asses. We all have our specialty, that just seems to be yours.

I'm new here but it is pretty well apparent that you are the horses ass in this instance. Between you, spanokopitas, and savage_99 I don't know who is the worst troll.

Your research has been excellent.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (35, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 41rem, 15 invisible), 1,287 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,459
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.