Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by ltppowell
There is an old saying..."If you want to know what you will be in five years, look at your friends today."
funny thing the same ones for 50 years or more in my case

By choice, I presume? The same applies to the 'hood.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
luck I guess

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What are the root causes of gang violence in the inner city?

Sin!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Just curious what the experts think.

Education (or the lack of appreciation for)
Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

LACK OF FATHERS..........discipline and guidance.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Just curious what the experts think.

Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

None of the above. What's causing this is the lack of "common sense" gun control. Just ask any campfire democrat. A few examples they might give you are bans on things like bayonet lugs, pistol grips, bazookas, barrel shrouds, machine guns, and collapsible stocks.

Edit: I forgot gunshow loopholes whatever those are.

Last edited by mog75; 01/28/15.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

The root causes of gang violence in the inner city?

There's just one; money.

Competition over drugs, that gets you the money. Competition over women, that you get with the money.

An inner city youth gets gunned down, the cops release a statement saying there was a dispute over drugs or a woman, or both. But underneath that, it's money.

An inner city youth gets arrested for killing another inner city youth. He may say the dead kid "disrespected" him. That disrespect came from a dispute over drugs or status within a gang, or a woman. But underneath that, it's money.

Money brings respect and women. Access to drugs, which brings the money, comes from status.

To get the money, you've got to have status and respect. To keep the status and respect, you've got to get the money. To get the women and keep them ...

You get the idea.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Poverty?
Racism?
Single parent homes?
?????

This is easy, just ask any career teacher. Can be summarized in one word.... parents. Or the lack thereof.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave

Money/power.

Next question.

Travis

Nah. I have little of either and I am pretty civil and well behaved.

Many of my relatives (most) come out of either newark, rural PA & pinebarrens... not a lot of cash in my ancenstry. Just hard working folk who stayed out of trouble at a greater rate than most.

Big Al Shrptn and Holder and ... have plenty of both, and they still act like D bags.

I think its mostly not having any good role models OR not valuing those htings that the rest of society does (hard work, dont break law...) followed by the lure of aggression (macho [bleep]) and easy short term $.

I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just had words with one at work yesterday, 16 and mean as a f&&king snake. But... if ya know his circumstances it ain't hard to understand.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Caused by liberals and racist black leaders telling the blacks are entitled to a free living. The robbed will not miss it, they have more than they need and should spread it around to those who don't have as much.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

This is easy, just ask any career teacher. Can be summarized in one word.... parents. Or the lack thereof.

The OP specified gang violence. The vast majority of poor kids without parents do not become gangbangers.

To put it another way, every gangbanger has parentless brothers and sisters who are not gangbangers.

Their lives may suck, but most of them never kill or try to kill anybody.

Ask any career cop, like Pat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Causes??? Pure hatred and power. Worked in da 'hood for 24 years. They hate. They hate themselves most of all, but the sheer brutishness is aimed at everybody. They want power. Power to do harm.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever problems we started with 100 years or so ago have been made much worse by government meddling.

I have not made it to the end so maybe this has been brought up, but the above coupled with jerking them out of the stone age, and freeing them without them knowing how to handle the modern freedom. Since they did not know how to be productive citizens on their own, they were taken advantage of and never adjusted as they should have. Not knowing, they could not pass on, what to do and what not to do. Lots of the same problems with the American Indian. The war of Northern Aggression served them as badly as it did Southern White people. Do not be mistaken, I think they should have been freed or better yet, not enslaved, but it was handled wrong for the future of America. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I just had words with one at work yesterday, 16 and mean as a f&&king snake. But... if ya know his circumstances it ain't hard to understand.

Pat him on the head and wipe the tear from his eye, Birdie.
That should make both of you feel better.

I've had the pleasure of meeting blacks from Africa who lived under horrific and deadly conditions that emigrated to the US and prospered. A cute charming little black girl with an enchanting smile from Liberia working slightly above the minimum wage that wiped my azz and helped me to my wheelchair when I could barely move comes to mind.
The AAs are trapped in their own mindset fostered by their "leaders"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Legislation outlawing Big Gulps.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ltppowell
There is an old saying..."If you want to know what you will be in five years, look at your friends today."

What if nobody will be your friend?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
there is a black kid that works in the local sams club, so black he is almost blue. Most polite nice young man you would want to run into and he was/is an immigrant from africa. He is totally different than the local culture, and not fair to pin him with that.
A lot of it has to do with the parents/family culture, or lack thereof.
a good friend of mine was raised in compton, black too. And a multimillionaire and holds several advanced degrees. He could have easily gone to the gangs. He wanted something better. His father was a security guard and his mother worked in a laundry, to provide a basis for their kids having something better. His brother is a stockbroker for Morgan Stanley by the way. Color doesn't have much to do with it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The OP question was about causes of GANG violence. Seek out the haters and the power freaks.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
People with no moral compass or character creating children who in turn have no moral compass or character.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was responding to the causes of GANG violence. One of them being a dad that can set a positive role model, and beat the crap out of the kid when needed, like my dad did. These young males live in a vaccumn, without that positive role model.
also kind of hard when your choices are making a thousand a week running drugs or working in a minimum wage at best job. Human nature being what it is some just find it easier to go that way that provides the most return with the least amount of effort.

and there is absolutely no question in my mind that LBJ's great society welfare expansion helps a lot. It's a lot harder to get in trouble when you are trying to feed yourself without the benefit of so many welfare checks.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/29/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 3,031 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,702
Posts18,456,801
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.