Print Thread
Hop To
G
gmoats Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
... Here is the new Ruger lightweight commander. Actually, it looks like a pretty good gun for a person that does not want to spend the money to get "a more refined gun."
[Linked Image]

... One of the highlights, was getting to talk to Wiley Clap and Wayne Novak. The Wiley Clapp lightweight commander falls under the category of "a more refined gun."
[Linked Image]

I hadn't realized that Wayne had apprenticed under Armand Swenson----turns out that we know a lot of people in common and had fun telling Swenson stories.

At the Beinfeld I Got to handle Elmer Keith's #5 SA---real honor to hold such an iconic piece......Julia's estimate that it will go for $40,000 at auction.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by gmoats; 01/28/15.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Would be very nice to hold a piece of history like that. Thanks for the pictures.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would have shouted "Look! A baby wolf!" then tucked that #5 under my sweater and run like hell.

Just wondering: You mentioned using a 22-4 at a Thunder Ranch class. Did you by any chance buy at it the Wannemacher show in Tulsa?

Last edited by Mesabi; 01/28/15.
G
gmoats Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Mesabi
I would have shouted "Look! A baby wolf!" then tucked that #5 under my sweater and run like hell.

Just wondering: You mentioned using a 22-4 at a Thunder Ranch class. Did you by any chance buy at it the Wannemacher show in Tulsa?

�no, ordered thru an LGS when I lived in Ks.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is amazing what pieces like the Keith gun go for now. I recall what doesn't seem like long ago, but what must be approaching twenty years now, and Cole Younger's Smith and Wesson 1st model Russian sold for $104,000, IIRC and it was a record at the time. I expect the same gun would bring a million now. Quanah Parker's Winchester '94 that he probably used to hunt with when Teddy Roosevelt visited the Rez in Oklahoma and hunted with him, seems like couldn't even get $10k. I assume you know Supica who had the latter for sale.

IC B2

G
gmoats Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
... I assume you know Supica who had the latter for sale.

�.I've been around and talked to Jim on a couple of occasions. He had an EXTREMELY small little stone building in old town Lenexa that he ran his catalog out of----I was in there a couple of times, but it was so small you could hardly turn around inside it. He's done quite well for himself with the NRA---and getting out of that little place in Lenexa was a good move.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Greg, that Ruger is a nice looking piece, the sort of thing that Consumer Reports might call a "best buy".

BTW, I don't think I would have recognized you. Put on a pound or two in 35 years. LOL!

Pete

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
G
gmoats Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Savuti
Greg, that Ruger is a nice looking piece, the sort of thing that Consumer Reports might call a "best buy".

BTW, I don't think I would have recognized you. Put on a pound or two in 35 years. LOL!

Pete

�.unfortunately the last two years have been cruel, Pete�..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,468
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.