Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek
So if the climate isn't chaging, why is it the Lake Tahoe has almost HALF the skiing days it had 20 years ago. Why is it that NASA is re-locating buildings at the Kennedy space center due to rising waters...where is that water coming from anyhow? Why is it that the place in Arkansas where I used to live gets less than a foot of snow these days, and used to get nearly 6 feet annually 20 years ago. Why is it where I live now, I don't even have to own a set of chains, yet there are chain installation zones all over the highway that I drive on? Really weird.

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I love watching soccer moms use fabric bags at the grocery store.

As they push a cart full of disposable diapers. You can't make this schit up.

Chit, we used washable diapers for both munchkins. Does that mean we're environmentalists?

Come to think of it, what does a High Priest at the Church of Environmental Doom-and-Gloom get paid? whistle

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Speaking for myself, I don't particularly want the earth to get colder.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Chit, we used washable diapers for both munchkins. Does that mean we're environmentalists?

Come to think of it, what does a High Priest at the Church of Environmental Doom-and-Gloom get paid? whistle

Hundreds of millions, minimum. Just ask Al Gore.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RobJordan

Hundreds of millions, minimum. Just ask Al Gore.

Would I still qualify for Obamacare? I'm entitled to health insurance.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Good question. We know Al Gore made somewhere around $150 million in 2014.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Michael Crichton, a brilliant science fiction writer (now deceased) with both an undergraduate and MD degree from Harvard (obviously a Bible-thumping Republican neanderthal) explains in this series of interviews and speeches why he is a global warming "denier". This is a great video because it shows the rational thought of a liberal, secularly inclined intellectual on why global warming hysteria is essentially unadlterated horse schit. Crichton is fully informed on the latest science and has a brilliant mind. He gives very cogent and thoughtful reasons why the leftist hand-wringing over global warming is out of all proportion to any real possible harm.

Well worth listening too. Too bad Crichton died in 2008. The pursuit of rationality in science and politics could use him today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJsDtSHjdE

You mean the guy who was into clairvoyance and astral projection, etc???

laugh

I find it amusing that Havard is the epicenter of liberalism and elitism to the Right....until someone from there 'validates' a conservatives worldview... grin

You haven't learned a thing, have you? The first statement is classic ad hominem.

As to the second, I find it amusing that conservative environmental opinions are nothing more than the product of an anti-science, anti-rational political agenda---until a
card carrying secular liberal intellectual validates those conservative environmental opinons, at which point the previously revered secular-liberal intellectual suddenly becomes an clairvoyant, astral-projecting nut case.

Once again, your complete inability to respond on the merits loudly trumpets the impotence of your position. Thank you for acknowledging (yet again!) that you're in over your head. grin

Ahh, Jordan...

Still haven't figured out what a ad hominem attack is yet, eh? MC opinions are just that....where are his scientific papers refuting the evidence? BTW, I tend to agree that some of the 'hysteria' over AGW is just that. Even scientists still debate the ramifications and extended predictive models...none of which invalidates the existing evidence.

Also, YOU are the one who used the term 'nut case', I merely remarked on the incongruence of your statement on rationality and MC's own views... smile

Please read his book 'Travels' and get back to us (hint: it ain't like Anthony Bourdain!).

You might even be amused! laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Climate change is an ongoing process. It will always be changing just like the weather is always changing.

For a little perspective there was a great big forest 10,000 years ago at what is now the bottom of the North Sea.

Forest at the Bottom of the North Sea

The idea we can some how manipulate the climate through regulating our energy consumption is just a farce to enrich select few at the expense of many.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
climate is changing always has been, before man and when man is gone it will continue to evolve, I remember when I was very young they talked about an ice age and that another would come again.
Mans effect on it is the same as poking your finger into the sea and then pulling it out, there is no trace left and does not amount to any measurable change to the sea.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 15 invisible), 1,186 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.