Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Here’s a couple pictures of the Defiance Deviant GA Hunter with CRF and 3 POS safety.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

I went with the Defiance since it cost me less in the end to get an action that was straight and true from the get go, with solid mounts on top that didn't need to be touched by a gunsmith. A M70 Magnum action need to be opened up and trued in order to properly fit a 300 RUM sized cartridge. Once the smiths start putting mills to steel the bargain you are able to score a M70 action for quickly goes out the window in my opinion.

Last edited by beretzs; 06/28/22.

Semper Fi
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by beretzs
Here’s a couple pictures of the Defiance Deviant GA Hunter with CRF and 3 POS safety.

I went with the Defiance since it cost me less in the end to get an action that was straight and true from the get go, with solid mounts on top that didn't need to be touched by a gunsmith. A M70 Magnum action need to be opened up and trued in order to properly fit a 300 RUM sized cartridge. Once the smiths start putting mills to steel the bargain you are able to score a M70 action for quickly goes out the window in my opinion.

Very nice. Would love to see a pic of the bolt face on that baby.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

This is from their website if it helps give you an idea.

[Linked Image from defiancemachine.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And me with a $300 off certificate for defiance…. I was gonna get the older version….
Is this a true crf? I was told (the older variant) was more like a rem700 with a claw…whereby the claw snapped over the case rim upon closing of the bolt…
Damn a modern .375 or .416 on this action would be pretty sick!

If at first you don't succeed; shoot, shoot again
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Iclimb
And me with a $300 off certificate for defiance…. I was gonna get the older version….
Is this a true crf? I was told (the older variant) was more like a rem700 with a claw…whereby the claw snapped over the case rim upon closing of the bolt…
Older version? Curious to hear what changes they made.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I’ve got one. Haven’t used it it yet. Kinda wanna order another with a standard bolt face for a 270/280.

My current one is very slick, but it’s a mag bolt face.

Don’t know if there is a better made for the money.

Keep us posted Scotty. I'm curious

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Iclimb

That’s where I’m sorta thinking. I got it to be a 300 RUM but I’m not sure anymore. Might become a big 35 instead or 338.

Last edited by beretzs; 07/19/22.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
I am thinking a leaner double square bridge that accepts Talley QD's would be pretty slick option.

I agree .... That one needs to be more along the classic lines, not so angular in shape and without that huge rail on the top.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by EdM
I am thinking a leaner double square bridge that accepts Talley QD's would be pretty slick option.

I agree .... That one needs to be more along the classic lines, not so angular in shape and without that huge rail on the top.

Yeah - it's funny they facet the action to reduce weight then add it back on with a heavy rail. But the heavy Picatinny style is de rigueur. It is a good system regardless, and could obviously be swapped out.

I like the action.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by EdM

Yeah - it's funny they facet the action to reduce weight then add it back on with a heavy rail. But the heavy Picatinny style is de rigueur. It is a good system regardless, and could obviously be swapped out.

I like the action.

That’s why I got the GA Hunter version. I don’t like full rails on my guns but I like the multi slot atop the action with a cutout above the bolt for clearance for my hands.

https://defiancemachine.com/actions/deviant/deviant-ultralight/

I’m pretty sure you could do the Deviant UL as well to minimize weight even further, but I was worried about getting about adjustment out of it since they seem like they are spread apart pretty good.

I think AKWOLVERINE has the UL version, but don’t hold me to it.

Last edited by beretzs; 07/26/22.

Semper Fi
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That’s why I got the GA Hunter version. I don’t like full rails on my guns but I like the multi slot atop the action with a cutout above the bolt for clearance for my hands.

That makes sense.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
defiance makes real nice actions in many flavors.i own 4 rifles with them,the only one i feel steps it up a wee bit is jim bordens actions,especially the rimrock action.as far as the defiance controlled feed i like it a lot.dont need one at this time because when mark penrod works over your mod 70 it is pure perfection.built me a 338 and 375 years ago.mr echols and mr simillion do fine work.tremendous quality.mark is a better chamberer and quite a bit less.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad

I like the action.

Defiance is a true custom action company. They have a lot of options and will do a lot of one off stuff on their actions that they just don’t advertise to keep their ads less cluttered. My Deviant is that way, just takes a call.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
What stock inlet do you use for these?? Are they custom inlets or also a 700 inlet?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldg397
What stock inlet do you use for these?? Are they custom inlets or also a 700 inlet?

700 inlet.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
That is pretty sweet a CRF action 3 position safety with all the options that come with 700 inlet sticks. Model 70’s are hard to find since McMillan limited their offerings for the 70.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Beretz what finish is that? Blued? I saw they offer a black nitride as well.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The bolt face I posted of mine is black nitride. I believe B’s is as well. And he is correct, I do have the UL version.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Are y’all planning to get the barrel nitrided also. Was thinking if it would be better to get the whole thing put together and then nitride?? I may have to get one of these.

I am really not happy with either one of you right now. I was fine not knowing anything about this but now can think of little else. 😂

Last edited by ldg397; 08/01/22.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,746
Posts18,457,785
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.