Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotload
$400 is the right price for that revolver. Got my single 6 in the summer of 2001 and never had one problem
with it. Great handgun !!! Just curious - how tuff are handgun laws in California ?

He's in MT, by the location in his profile.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Hotload
$400 is the right price for that revolver. Got my single 6 in the summer of 2001 and never had one problem
with it. Great handgun !!! Just curious - how tuff are handgun laws in California ?

He's in MT, by the location in his profile.

Bet he is happy to be out of California.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who wouldn't be? Unless they moved to MD, or NJ, or CT, or IL.

BTW - there's another 1960s Single-Six in the Classifieds; $375.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
To answer your question on Ca. gun laws. I walked out of my LGS in 15 minutes with my Single Six here in Montana. In California I would still be waiting to be able to pick it up. Aside from having to wait 10 days in Ca. I would have to sign an affidavit stating I have a Ca. approved gun safe I will be locking it up in and I would have to present my Handgun Safety Certificate to be able to buy it. Some handguns are not legal for sale in Ca. such as the Ruger LCP, or the Judge variants (.45/.410) and others. Gun mfrs. have to submit handguns to Ca. for drop testing etc. (I had heard at one time once it's like 12 of each) and a number of company's have just quit trying to jump through California's hoops. I was almost afraid to own or take an "assault" type rifle to the range because no one was sure what the regs were. They required bullet buttons so you couldn't reload quickly and 10 round maximum capacity magazines. But you may be in trouble for complying because from day to day no one could agree on what the rules were. Just having one at the range freaked people out. Yet I could take a Remington Woodsmaster with an extended magazine and no one batted an eye. Have a friend who owned a .50 cal bolt action rifle that he had registered to be able to possess in California. He didn't realize it had to be re-registered every year and suddenly it was illegal. And to answer your other question....yes I am extremely happy to be out of California.

Farming, or anything else for that matter, is easy when your plow's a keyboard and you're a 1000 miles from the field.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 54 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,772
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.