-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Buddy and I were talking and looking at the weight and lengths of some, we were wondering what if any poi changes occur and if accuracy was degraded.

I said accuracy should be the same or even better, but with a heavy can, poi would certainly change.

Who's got a heavy can, and what have you noticed?

GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do and yes POI will change. Funny thing though, accuracy has actually increased with some loads with the can attached. I imagine it's just a harmonics issue.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
How much change in poi?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Buddy and I were talking and looking at the weight and lengths of some, we were wondering what if any poi changes occur and if accuracy was degraded.

I said accuracy should be the same or even better, but with a heavy can, poi would certainly change.

I have a heavy can and had no shift in POI. I cannot explain it, but it's UBER.

Accuracy has not changed on any of the four different rifles I have tested with the can. But POI has shifted on all of them except my AR.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I shoot KAC and AAC cans. Both shift POI and, as mentioned, some of my guns shoot better with cans than without.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I do not speak from experience but it is said that screw on cans have less POI than QD cans.

Also accuracy is said to improve due to the reduced disruption of the bullets flight by escaping gas. Again no experience to back that up.

Last edited by supercrewd; 01/29/15.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a heavy can that's a quick detach YHM. I see a slight point of impact change on all the bolt or AR rifles a use it on. I sight my rifles in with the suppressor attached and move the suppressor to whatever rifle I am hunting with that day. If I am shooting, you can bet I will have the suppressor attached.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have the same one. I remember the groups being low right about 8" last time I compared POI shift.

NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by splattermatic

I have a heavy can and had no shift in POI. I cannot explain it, but it's UBER.

Accuracy has not changed on any of the four different rifles I have tested with the can. But POI has shifted on all of them except my AR.

Travis

Travis, I'm curious, does the AR have a free-floating forearm or not? I would guess not but purely a guess - so that the forearm pressure negates the added weight on the end of the barrel.

Originally Posted by supercrewd
I have the same one. I remember the groups being low right about 8" last time I compared POI shift.

Wow, assuming that's at 100yds? Wouldn't have thought it would move that much.

I don't have a suppressor currently, but looking to get a couple here shortly.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,922 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,257
Posts18,467,069
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.