Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Has anyone ever fished this river? I would like to hear what you have to say. I am looking at cozy camp to stay at any info would be appreciated.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have fished English River briefly.

There are hundreds of other lakes, and rivers in the area as well.

Perhaps someone will come along with better advice,
good luck!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Used to bear hunt every spring out of lac seul, if we tagged out or just had the urge we'd run down and fish the mouth of the river.
Tremendous fishery and always a good time. We used to use a place called northern sunrise outfitters but they're not around anymore.

Andersons lodge always came pretty highly recommended

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't know specifically about "Cozy Camp", but this year will mark our twentieth year of fishing the English River system.
And many of those years we drove from Alaska (our home for some time) with our boat and camper to fish there. Still never ate a salmon that tasted like a Walleye or jumbo yellow perch.

The fishing is that good, absolutely the best in the world.
Northern, Walleye, Smallmouth, perch and lake trout...fantastic.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
https://www.ontariossunsetcountry.ca/accom.cfm

Lots of choices in NW Ontario,As a resident I would suggest somewhere in the Vermilion Bay,Ear Falls or Red Lake areas

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Spot on, my notion of the best fishing is the small lakes that call for a small boat, and a sky hook to lower it in.

You may need friends that know the ropes, and are willing to share the good places.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BlueLk
https://www.ontariossunsetcountry.ca/accom.cfm

Lots of choices in NW Ontario,As a resident I would suggest somewhere in the Vermilion Bay,Ear Falls or Red Lake areas

One of the huge pluses of staying south of Red Lake and in the English river area is the incredible smallmouth fishery.

Where we fish on the English is very close to the northern latitudinal edge of their existence.
One won't find them in Red Lake and many others to the north.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Does anyone know if Naughty Pines is still in existence?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bear hunted and fished out of Cozy Camp about 6-8 years ago. The fishing was very good when I was there in September. The owners were very nice and helpful. I would say their bear hunting set-up was not real good. But, the fishing on the river in very close proximity to the camp was great. The cabin was good. The boats and motors were fine, but not as good as those used in other camps that I am familiar with in NW Ontario. Maybe they have upgraded since I was there.

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Thanks for all the info sounds good>

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 11point, 68 invisible), 2,835 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,472
Posts18,451,746
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.