Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A word of advise on the Hornady dies... Get some of their spray lube and make sure you clean your brass, as in tumble in dry media or wash before sizing. I had one set of the TN dies and after a very short while the sizing die was scratching the brass. I sent it back to the factory and they sent me a new die...and I sold the set without using them. That has never happened in the well over a million rounds I have loaded with other brand dies.

Bob

....and in part due to this thread I am no longer .32less. "It" arrives tonight.

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Is it true that the 327 chamber is compatible with 32 ACP, 32 S&W, 32 S&W Long, as well as 32 H&R?

Seems I saw something like that on a Gunblast review or something. A lot of versatility in 32 ammo if so.

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
RJM. I'll keep an eye on the dies. I have several other sets of the New Dimension dies and I haven't had any issues yet. What kind of 32 did you end up with?

I believe that you are correct on ammo compatability MontanaMarine. They all use the same dia bullet and the ACP is semi rimmed so I see no reason it wouldn't work.

Last edited by TheKid; 02/12/15.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's a real find, congratulations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Is it true that the 327 chamber is compatible with 32 ACP, 32 S&W, 32 S&W Long, as well as 32 H&R?

Seems I saw something like that on a Gunblast review or something. A lot of versatility in 32 ammo if so.

I know for a fact that it works with .32H&R, .32 S&W Long, and .32 S&W. I'd not be surprised if it worked with the .32ACP, but I'm not sure. How it would headspace and not slip into the cylinder, I'm not sure.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
.32 ACP is a semi-rimmed case, there's just enough of a lip there to stop it from dropping into the chamber.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Jim.

Looks like it'd work there, too.

Dang it, now I need a .327.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Here was that review Jeff Quinn did on the Single-Seven 327, using a variety of different 32 ammo, including the 32 ACP.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-Single7.htm

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Awesome Smith.

Congrats.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by TheKid
RJM. I'll keep an eye on the dies. I have several other sets of the New Dimension dies and I haven't had any issues yet. What kind of 32 did you end up with?

...all I want to say at this point is that it all dflave and Idaho Shooter's fault...

Called and the gun had come in but my dealer has been sick and closed early...so hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to pick "it" up.

Bob

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I am waiting with bated breath to hear more.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Just finished up casting and sizing a small pile of bullets from my new Lee mold. I must say, I wasn't aware that Lee had redesigned their molds as it's been 5-6 years since I've bought one. They did a very nice job, the alignment pins are far superior to the older style and the handles as well as sprue plate have been improved.

I cleaned it up with a Qtip and some MEK and lubed the pivots with a smidge of bullet lube. Fired up my electric pot and was throwing good bullets in approximately 2 minutes after the alloy turned liquid.

The 90swc design that I bought is designed to be tumble lubed but I've had good luck using their other TL designs just as you would a bullet with standard line grooves. I ran them through the lubesizer and filled 4 of the 6 grooves with RCBS green lube. I'll put a roll crimp in the top groove and shoot a handful tomorrow at work to see how they shoot and if they show any sign of leading.

I didn't have much alloy left and what was in the pot was some I'd been using to cast BPCR bullets with a hollow base so it is only about an 11 on the Brinell scale. Time to go hunt up some wheelweights and Linotype to get serious about getting some speed out of this little cartridge.

Ended up loading them over 5.0gr of AA5 with a CCI 500 for spark. It occurred to me after I'd loaded some that the loaded rounds look like little Crayola crayons due to the nose shape. [Linked Image]

Last edited by TheKid; 02/23/15. Reason: Add pics
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have a 4 5/8" and a 6" Single Six. They really like 115 gr LFN from Hunters Supply.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had the off and on yearning for a 32 mag for a long time now. I kept telling myself all I had to do was get a 105 gr mold for my 38's and 357's and I could load them down to 32 levels and save all that money on another gun, brass, dies and bullet molds.

This thread isn't helping laugh That and the 105 gr just don't seem to shoot quite as well as I'd like out of the 357. Hmm, maybe I just need to get another 357 and 38 and see if that'll help, before taking the 32 plunge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A .32 Single-Six is just too much fun. The 16-4s are ridiculously accurate.

You need a .32.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
^^^ Agreed. .32 mags are way too much fun. While I like the 7-shot .327 Federal, I really wish Ruger would return the Single Six .32 mag to the lineup.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
I got to shoot a little bit at work the other day. It seems that 5.0gr of AA5 under the little Lee SWC is a pretty good load. Further testing is required but so far I have no leading, 5 shots at ten yards you can cover with a nickle, book claims about 1200fps, and they penetrated 6 1/2" of wet newsprint in a straight line. Report is not as bad as the Federal factory load and of course recoil is non existent.

Just need some rabbits or a coyote to test drive it on now. Found an old Hunter brand holster that suffices for now. But I'm thinking of getting a tanker to wear over my winter gear while snowmachining.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My Ruger's are as well. Both needed their throats opened and forcing cone cut to do so. Much prefer the light weight of the Ruger.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,355
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.