Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Is it really over $5/gal now still?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

BP-B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
"unless" I don't know????

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what whiskey?

unleaded gas is less than $3 per gal las

the whiskey is worth it btw

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Give him a break. He's still learning that damn phone!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
God I love autocorrect!

I typed in unlead.. Actually it pisses me off no end!

IC B2

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Thought the quote I got from Crowley was outrageous. $279 for the gas, 114 for the drum itself - dang near Kotzebue price! Plus 150 delivery to Nenana. Plus barge fee. I'd rather move it in smaller containers anyway if I move it myself., and it looks like I will. Believe I can buy it cheaper in Manley for that matter. And a lot less trouble.. 40 years ago going the Nenana and the barge people was the way to do it. No more I guess.

Fogger either misquoted or tried to slip it to me - either way he's off the island!

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
[quote=ironbender]Give him a break. He's still learning that damn phone! [/quote/]

No I'm not. I quit! Not the phone, just the learning the phone.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by las
Thought the quote I got from Crowley was outrageous. $279 for the gas, 114 for the drum itself - dang near Kotzebue price! Plus 150 delivery to Nenana. Plus barge fee. I'd rather move it in smaller containers anyway if I move it myself., and it looks like I will. Believe I can buy it cheaper in Manley for that matter. And a lot less trouble.. 40 years ago going the Nenana and the barge people was the way to do it. No more I guess.

Fogger either misquoted or tried to slip it to me - either way he's off the island!

How big a barrel at that price? Can you get or borrow 15 or 30 gal plastic fuel drums? You could just about raft them to your site! <grin>

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You called Crowley and now you wonder if they quoted you 'high'? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Is there any other answer to that? eek Good grief, get a grip, man. laugh

(BTW, and throw a 'couple' drums in the U-haul when you haul the stuff up that way. wink )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
[quote=ironbender]Give him a break. He's still learning that damn phone! [/quote/]

No I'm not. I quit! Not the phone, just the learning the phone.

If you think phones are bad, try using Windows 8 on a laptop.

I've never wished a slow agonizing death to anyone, but I nominate the Windows 8 development team.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That's what I have here. I'd rather run a snowblower into the wind!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
may not help las

but I use Alaska Petroleum for unleaded fuel delivery

488-0575

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
On further consideration, I may have gone off half crocked...... smile

I'll check again, but it's likely that $279 quote included the drum - which still aint worth $115!

And yeah, I have a couple 16 gal plastic drums, an 18 gallon fuel tank from a previous motor-life, some 5's, a 6 for the 4-stroke, and will likely buy at least one 12 for it before leaving. Smaller containers are easier to handle and trim boat with, but I'm not sure the bulk plant will allow that. We'll see.

Looking more and more like trailering myself from Fbks to Manley, either with my way-over-built boat trailer or a u-haul (still to be checked on).

Bender, I'd love to raft the stuff down, but I'm not old enough yet to retire to where I have the time. I'm taking the checks tho.

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Put the number in the phone for reference and thanks, but right now I'm short! 48 hours and it's cervasas in Mazatlan (finally learned how to spell that- I just don't know which of the 4 we are going to.... and I don't care!)

If we get out of here. Went from 26 below and calm 4 hours ago to 20 knots and still -20. 'sposed to be blowing in some warm air. and snow. OAN claims its -4! Ha!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bastid! somebody oughta hose you on fuel, wish it was me

ouch but that salt in the wound

momma and the sprout are headed to Kauai in a few days, me? oh no I had to start a new biz, despite momma telling me "don't do it, we've plenty of money and the time to enjoy it"

have a great time in ole Mexico las

as for the pool boys and lifeguards on Kauai, better watch out lads momma will be on the loose there in a few days, guard your junk!

I'll stay here and check out the latest in parka fashions

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
No point in calling Crowley for anything unless you have no other option. Inland Barge or Ruby Marine are ALWAYS the better choice. Where are you shipping fuel to? I usually just have drums filled by Nenana Heating right in Inlands yard. No delivery fee. Looked into having it delivered from Fai to save some $$, but unless I'm able to haul it myself it's cheaper to go with Nenana Heating. I've done this a bunch and for many years so feel free to pm me if you have specific questions.

Because through judicious handloading and a bold sense of optimism, you can make anything into an .88 Magnum - once! 😁 - chesterpulley
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dang las, hit the zero instead of the two

sorry pard, 488-2575

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Randy has been telling me about all of his retirement plans and the starts a new business......too busy for lunch with Old Vern.....sends wife off to HI....???????

Mean while Old Vern is planning another hunt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
am thinkin Randy is whacky on the junk

WTF was I thinking Vern? been averaging over 70 hours a week

gonna miss seeing the daughter and granddaughter in Hawaii, momma got a wild hair and booked them tickets last night

was fine not going to HI, btdt

but gonna miss seeing those girls big time

and I do sorely miss our lunches, momma was planning on you steering me towards being a gentleman!

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 02/01/15.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
am thinkin Randy is whacky on the junk

The good news is that it'll be legal soon. wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
732 members (10gaugemag, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 73 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.