Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Need to replace my 15 year old Foxpro. Want something with more sounds, more flexibility, louder and one that tells me that it is playing, even when I can't hear it!

tentatively vacillating between the Foxpro Shockwave, CS24C and Primos Boss Dogg.

Anyone been around more than one of these?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
of those, I'd go with the CS24. The shockwave has lots of bells and whistles that ain't necessary and the Primos ain't even in the same playing field as the CS24.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
CS-24 by a good margin Dennis-

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
What is better about the 24 other than volume?

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me the remote control is where it's at, and the new TX-1000 remote that can be had with a CS-24, would get my vote.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FoxPro Fusion would be my pick . In my experience really loud volume only helps when shooting crows

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a Fusion and SP-55 speaker should I ever feel the need for more volume.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Lonny
For me the remote control is where it's at, and the new TX-1000 remote that can be had with a CS-24, would get my vote.

The SHockwave comes with the same remote doesn't it?

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I own both a Shockwave and a CS24. The CS24 takes up less room in my pack, but weight wise it's not that much different. The clarity is better with the Shockwave than the CS24. I also like the directional speakers on the Shockwave. I've worn out 3 CS24's and I'm on my fourth. So obviously I like them. However, I find myself taking the Shockwave more. I honestly think it is a better sounding and more versatile caller. With that said you might want to consider the Fusion if you are hiking a lot to your stands. If your stands aren't terribly far from your truck then I say it's the Shockwave all the way.

Is it Friday yet?
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Have you used a Fusion?

NRA Benefactor Member

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've worn out 3 CS24's and I'm on my fourth.
O.K., I'll bite. How do you wear out an electronic call? Enquiring minds want to know...

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
S
S
If there was a better caller than the CS24 I would own it.

Show me a coyote hunter without a ripped out crotch in his pants and Ill show you a coyote hunter that dont kill many coyotes.
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by TRnCO
I've worn out 3 CS24's and I'm on my fourth.
O.K., I'll bite. How do you wear out an electronic call? Enquiring minds want to know...

I was thinking the same thing. THere are no moving parts.

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TR, wore out as in quit working and beyond repair. I would call that wore out. To FP's credit they sent me a brand new one as a replacement each time. Knock on wood this last one has lasted a little over 2 years.

Last edited by Big Sky; 02/04/15.

Is it Friday yet?
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
My current E-caller has lasted over 12 years. Sounds like they are now using poor quality components.

NRA Benefactor Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They all seem to have issues at some point unless they are very simple Dennis.

I think all of us overcomplicate this game, especially call makers but they have to for sales.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GregW
They all seem to have issues at some point unless they are very simple Dennis.

I think all of us overcomplicate this game, especially call makers but they have to for sales.

That does seem to be the case...

My first foxpro ecall was made by John Dillon in his basement. Flashlight case, simple, and was one of the first remotes on the market. Worked well for many years. But like anything electronic, they have to add bells and whistles to stay ahead of the competition. That doesn't always make things better either, but I'd sooner have them trying to improve a product then sitting on past success.

One thing is for sure though, go with a brand that has super customer service and will be around for awhile, because at some point a guy is likely to need it..

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Went to a club hunt check-in last night and one guy had a new Fusion. It was quite loud. Another guy had a scorpion with a car amp and Radio shack horn speakers. That was the louded caller I have ever heard. We pinged coyotes in the next county!

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've been a Minaska fan for many years. I really like the M-1 Bandit, I have one of the first ones they made when they were using the toggle switch for on/off. You don't have to tell me I know all the problems they went through, but they've been good to me, always helpful. I think their remote is the best as I can operate it without having to look at including selecting sounds. I've tried numerous FPs and always sent them down the road as I hate having to sit there and scroll tthrough the sound list to pic out a sound and having to take a pair of glasses to the stand. I also like the fact that the remote is not dedicated to the caller.

This season I picked up a CS-24 with the tx-505, love the call, finally a FP with a remote you don't have to scroll to find the sound you need. Other than being bulkier and heavy I'm liking it a lot.

An interesting thing is with the directional speaker I'm finding more coyotes coming directly into the speaker regardless of the wind and less circling. Its almost as if you can direct the direction you want them to come from. I hunt a lot of heavy cover and rarely see a coyote more than a hundred yards away.

Last edited by erich; 02/15/15.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only thing other than real physical abuse that would really effect a E-Caller would be water or moister . Nothing that requires batteries can be depended on 100% under all conditions.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,660
Posts18,455,690
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.