Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Doc7
David Petzal refers to their new synthetic stainless rifle as one of the best new rifles of 2015.

Thanks for any input!

My first tip would be to refrain from referencing Field and Stream magazine and specifically David Petzal...

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
GB1

P
P
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
I think you will find the MRC - X2 to be the superior firearm and is made in the USA instead of Portugal which should be a plus for you American guys.

Current Model 70s are still made in the USA but are assembled at Browning's Viana plant in Portugal. I've handled both (i have a USA assembled Super Grade) and can't tell any difference btw the two.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Hard to find dealers for MRC. At least where I'm at.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have owned both in .30-06. The Winchester didn't shoot as well as the MRC. I didn't feel the comb was any lower on the MRC than the EW and I preferred the overall feel of the MRC better. The X2 stock was slimmer. Both triggers were good once adjusted (Ernie's spring for the EW and some stone work for the X2), but I prefer the simplicity of the X2 trigger. Both fed very well. The EW had a gouge in the feed rail that required a trip back to the factory. I re-barreled the EW, but ultimately sent it down the road and kept the X2.

"Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by louiethedrifter

Same here. The Montana Rifle Company website does not list a single dealer in Georgia.

I tried to contact them from their website and I am not sure it went through.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Call whitakers and buy the MRC. They are IMO close a semi custom rifle with attention to detail the new Winchesters don't have.

I have a made in USA FN M70 and it's a great shooter, but it's a "factory" rifle - the fit and finish is very good, but not excellent.

Jeff

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by louiethedrifter

Send Jeff Sipe a note at montanarifleco.com and he can point you to a dealer.

Or Derrick at Whitakers can certainly take care of you.

Last edited by RevMike; 11/19/15.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I spoke with Jeremy at Montana Rifle Company yesterday and he confirmed there are no master dealers in Georgia. He went on to say that any dealer could contact them and place an order. So go to my favorite FFL dealer and talk with them. I doubt any dealer would turn down the offer to order a pre sold rifle.

Or do like I actually did and find one online that you want and buy it. Hopefully I will have it next week.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was interested in the Winchester you speak of at one time. I picked one up and fondled it at a big box store and immediately put it back down. I can't dance with big fat girls like that. It felt like a 2x4 to me. I could never own one and love it. That was just my experience; other folks love them. You really need to pick one up and see if it calls out to you or not.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

71 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 264mag, 15 invisible), 1,043 guests, and 718 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,487
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.