-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once again, and there's a life lesson in this..

In situations like this, you don't have to do the unexpected to succeed. You just have to execute.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I heard somewhere that same pass play had been tried 109 times during the reg. season with no interceptions so it wasn't all that bad of a call, just bad luck and timing.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For sure Ghost. Even if Wilsons pass would have been on the mark, the Butler was in position to come up from under the ball to break it loose. The interception wss not in the plan but the play was defensed.

PS. May God bless you, Rancho.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was a horrible pass call. Wilson rolling out was much better, Lynch running was vastly better.

A slant was stupid.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep, but Carrol was playing off past happenstance and experience.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/11/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it was a brilliant call myself. grin

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJL53
I heard somewhere that same pass play had been tried 109 times during the reg. season with no interceptions so it wasn't all that bad of a call, just bad luck and timing.

109 times on the goal line?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Helped my pocket book, Ak. grin

You know, okok must not have been too serious in his belief in the hawks since he never replied to my offer to make a bet on the game with him on this thread, iirc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball

You know, okok must not have been too serious in his belief in the hawks since he never replied to my offer to make a bet on the game with him on this thread, iirc.

Especially after he bailed on the Hawks during the Green Bay game while it was still being played.

Steelhead

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I still can't quite figure out how GB lost that game....shades of the Vikings.

IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by eyeball

Especially after he bailed on the Hawks during the Green Bay game while it was still being played.

He bailed on every game until he knew HIS team had it won. Even the REDSKINS!

Squids Dick in my book!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I still can't quite figure out how GB lost that game....shades of the Vikings.

That 2 point conversion was their undoing. If they knock that ball down they win the game, simple as that.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
He called in the lose half way through the 1st quarter of the Green Bay game, then came back after it was over talking his dumb crap again

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C'mon.. that ball was only in the air for about 2 minutes.

Granny could have come down from the stands and made a play.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Strange things happen when the tsble is tilted, Ghost. Remenber Cowboys needed a first and having the punter hit with the off foot planted in the turf? The announcers could not belive the non-flag play.

Remember when on the first drive of the game the hawk defender rolled up into the planted leg of the Pats punter. They needed 6 for a first and only got a flag for 5? The rule book calls for a 15 and a first.

Remember the squirrely announcers proclaiming the greathess of Wilson and the hawks the entire game?

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Once again, and there's a life lesson in this..

In situations like this, you don't have to do the unexpected to succeed. You just have to execute.

This is the essence of every play in football. Who is going to out execute the other? The Pats expected the play and were ready for it. The CB was able to jump the slant and as a result, out executed the receiver.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 02/11/15.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I'm going to suggest the call at the end of the game was not a bad call and here's why. The Pats had their jumbo package in and could have stuffed the run. Maybe, maybe not but there was, what, 30 seconds on the clock? If they run the ball and don't make it, a time out would have to be called, which would have been their last one. That would have forced a pass plays on the remaining calls. Coach Carroll rolled the dice with the normally safe pass. The CB made an outstanding play and that was the game.
There will always be hindsight and there will always be what if's and there will always be "but if they'd have called the beast bastard to run it, they'd have surely scored". Maybe, maybe not.
We'll never know.

They didn't have to burn half-a-minute waiting to see if the Pats would blink and call a time-out prior.

They also didn't have to throw it INTO all those bodies that were there to allegedly stop the run.....

It's called a fade where the throw is only catch-able by YOUR receiver.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Originally Posted by RJL53

109 times on the goal line?

On the 1 yd line, yes. Someone with more free time than I have looked up that stat.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
here is the reply from varmint guy early in the post...might want to take some of his own advice.

"OSU_Sig: No one is a bigger Seahawks fan than I - I was there at their first home game and have been rooting for them ever since!
I hope the Seahawks win the Super-Bowl again this year.
I am not predicting that, but I am rooting for it to happen.
Now I must comment on your mental state!
In your post you mention that "prayers" need be sent IF the Seahawks loose... OR someone might "be skewered on this board" - let me ask, are YOU afraid of words on a computer screen?
If the answer is yes then I must state you are not much of a man.
Sheesh.
Get real.
A person like yourself who has attained the age you are would have to be mentally unstable/retarded to fear ANY word or image on a computer screen - I say GROW A PAIR!"
And, GO HAWKS!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by goalie
...They didn't have to burn half-a-minute waiting to see if the Pats would blink and call a time-out prior.

They also didn't have to throw it INTO all those bodies that were there to allegedly stop the run.....

It's called a fade where the throw is only catch-able by YOUR receiver.

They didn't have but a half minute. The Pats had the lead, why would they want to call time out?
The fade certainly could have been called, but it's a higher risk of incompletion than the inside slant off of a rub off play.

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

714 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 70 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.