-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my experiences with the WW 333 packs, considered them to be not worth fetching home. Lots of duds, poor accuracy, but that was several years ago.

Roughly half of those duds that came outta semis used in our indoor winter matches, would fire if I put 'em in a bolt rifle, rotated the FP strike 180 degrees and tried 'em.

The WW 100 packs I picked up are labeled Super Speed HPs. 50 yard group with the RAR was about two to three inches. Rem. Golden Bullet HPs grouped around an inch or so, better than I expected.

Givin' them some slack until the next time, since I didn't have my trusty Protektor leather rear bag in the truck and made do with a coupla 2x6 blocks to rest the butt on at the bench.

Damn bag has seldom ever left the cab of the last four trucks I've had, no idea WTH it got to yet.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
OK, Thanks.. I will have to try the WW's.. I imagine the Rem. stuff is about the same as mine.. I will use it up.. It is working fine for gophers.. Have a good one..

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Upstate NY spotty ,some locations good my gun club purchased 10,000 rounds cci standard from a dealer I came across at a reasonable price ,it's not as much of a issue finding it ,it's finding it at non scalper pricing that a bit of a challenge

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have only ever seen one "bucket" of Remingtons at our club, think they were golden bullets and maybe 1200 or 1400 rounds in that white, green and yeller plastic bucket?

But yakkin' about ammo on Saturday our there, a guy said he'd gotten one last fall and they work fairly well in two of his rifles.

I'd hate to have that much of anything, if it didn't shoot fer diddly?

whistle

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Last two Cabelas I visited had stacks of CCI SV, limit 10 boxes per customer.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Needed to get a few things at Walmart today. It was about 09:00 and noticed more folks than usual in the sporting goods area standing by the ammo. Decided to walk by and was surprised to see the .22 shelf packed with Winchester Super X Super Speed .22 LR 40 grain round nose 100 round packs @ $8.37 each. Two guys ahead of me bought the three box limit each. They had boy's with them and everyday was pretty happy. I bought my limit too. There had to be at least 50+ more boxes on the shelf.

I'll chalk it up to I was in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by woods_walker; 06/09/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was at Walmart today, and as usual, I walked through the sporting goods department. The clerk was unlocking the ammo cabinet for a customer, so I walked over to take a look. There was quite a few boxes of 100 pack Winchester .22 LR in there, so I bought my 3, as did the other customer. This was close to noon on a known delivery day. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Today at Cabela's in WV. Clerk said take all you want and it looks like things are returning to normal. Had some Winchester on the shelves along with some other brands.

Good bit of Powder. Most of the RL's, good bit of RL 15. Also picked up some H335. Good many primers, but no Match types.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not an old fart in sight, with the exception of me.

Last edited by battue; 06/10/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've heard that most of those roving bands of geezers out scavenging 22 ammo, go early. Right after breakfast at Bob Evans, Perkins, or whatever local biscut dive is handy. That's hard work on an empty tummy.

Rules me out. Only time I get up early enough to get a whack at the worm, is if she orders it so, or a hunting season of some sort is on the agenda.

I'm retired. Fine with me if a chance to sleep in comes along. Spent most of my adult life havin' to be someplace I didn't really wanta be, at 7 AM.

whistle

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I hope the one in Charleston looks like that tomorrow when I get there. Think I'm going to pick-up one of the other CZ's they are going to have on sale. CZ99 They will be $229.00 but I won't have shipping + transfer and I can pick the wood I want.

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Walked into the Gun Library to look around. They are sooooo out of touch with pricing on used that it borders on them howling at the moon. Nobody buying either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so I bought my 3, as did the other customer.

I did not end up much better off. grin I gave one box to my Brother-in-law and another to his Son-in-law today. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fredricksburg, VA Cabelas is overflowing with RF ammo. No customers at 10 AM.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No need to go over the top, but it will happen again. I never went critical short this last go, however I'm guessing when it happens again there will be some on here complaining they can't find any at a reasonable price. Next time they can blame themselves and not the old farts.

Last edited by battue; 06/10/15.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That 40gr Fed. in the picture, has worked pretty well for me in the past in at least three rifles. Wish I'd been there, down to my last brick of it. No biggie, some will show up eventually.

Also see some WW power points. Haven't laid eyes on any of that in ages. Apparently quite a few folks are partial to that?

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice to see this ammo showing up.. Bought 2 bricks of WW Power Points years ago... Shot one way in the mean time.. Still have one.. I would like to lay in another brick if I have the chance..

dube, I have been shooting more of that Rem. ammo, I did have a couple that the bullets were loose in the case.. Both shot wild, but in the main, they have been killing gophers very well.. Have only been shooting them out of my CZ, and it shoots everything very well including Yellowjackets and Stingers.. When I go though this brick, I will try some of the WW ammo I just picked up..
Hope things are going well in Pa. I am retired also.. Love it..
Nice to get moving when you want to... Have a good one..

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have a "collector's tin" of Rem. Golden Bullets around here someplace, that's gotta be at least 20 years old. Probably bought if for the Rem. knife that came along with it at the time?

If I can find it, would like to take a coupla rifles out and compare it to their "new and improved" version.

Enjoy being retired. Enjoy it even more if the honey do list would disappear?

smirk

Be well in Wyoming.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was at Cabela's in LaVista, NE, today and they had .22 ammo on the shelf, rather than behind a counter, for the first time since shortly after the school shooting in CT. I think that I paid $64 for a carton of Norma Tac-22 ammo. They also had some CCI, Remington, and Norma Match-22 for $84, but for the kids to shoot pop cans, I didn't figure the additional $20 buck would be money well spent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Walked into the Gun Library to look around. They are sooooo out of touch with pricing on used that it borders on them howling at the moon. Nobody buying either.

The gun room is odd. Mostly overpriced but then you run across the occasional screaming deal. The M70 (a 1949 Super Grade in .300 H&H) I bought last month I saw in the gun room at the Lacey WA store. For $25 they shipped it to Hanover PA. I feel I got it for a good $300-$400 less than the others I'd seen for the last few months of looking.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't been in the gun room at their Hamburg, PA store in several years. Tend to drool if I stay in there too long and yes, some of the prices can make an old guy wince.

Did see a few M95 Winchesters in there on one trip. Don't recall the prices, but one was in 7x57, looked like it had been strapped on a mule and left out in the rain for months, but it was still well out of my price range.

If I wanta get worked up over ridiculous used gun prices, their regular assortment out on the floor, is more than enough to give me fits.

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,238
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.