Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Been looking at the .380 line of pistols lately. Which does everyone prefer? I like the Kimber Micro Carry, the S&W Bodyguard, and also the Kel-Tec model. Any others worth giving a good look at? Just wanting something reliable for conceal carry when wearing lighter clothing. Smaller and lighter the better for this circumstance I'd think.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bodyguard to Kel-Tec.

Also, look at an Airweight J-frame Centennial. They carry remarkably well in the pocket.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Tried most of them and for the size, shootability and sight quality I choose the Kahr P380....headshots at 25 yards are easy...

Has been totally reliable...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RJM
Tried most of them and for the size, shootability and sight quality I choose the Kahr P380....headshots at 25 yards are easy...

Bob

I forgot about Kahr. Did you get a chance to try the Kimber Micro Carry? Just curious. I have not shot it but it feels great in my hand.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Any kind of safety on the Kahr?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I carry the bodyguard in a sticky holster in a front pocket. I like the controls of the 1911 and the bodyguard is as close as i can find for minimum weight/size. I carry mine w/o the safety on as the holster and da trigger will prevent ME from an ad. I have carried it for 5 or 6 years and the only trouble ever was the bolt for the laser backed out early on.

I won't say head shots at 25 are easy....but it is WAY more accurate than I ever thought it would be.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Been looking at the .380 line of pistols lately. Which does everyone prefer? I like the Kimber Micro Carry, the S&W Bodyguard, and also the Kel-Tec model. Any others worth giving a good look at? Just wanting something reliable for conceal carry when wearing lighter clothing. Smaller and lighter the better for this circumstance I'd think.

Buy an LCR.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Or a S&W .38sp Bodygaurd revolver with the factory Lazer. They only weigh 13 ounces and cost about the same as the Ruger LCR, and it comes with the factory Lazer.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RJM

Bob

+1

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To the OP's original question, on small auto's I've been carrying a KelTec, ever since they first came out. It's never failed to feed or fire in all the years I've owned it.
But if I was buying one of the newer model .380's it would be the Sig 238.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been more than pleased with my Kel Tec P3AT. I have TRIED TO make it hiccup and have not been able to. Extra light. dissapears into about any pocket, NO STUPID AND DANGEROUS EXTERIOR SAFETY, and blows through even cheap foriegn ammo and +P+ Buffalo Bore carry ammo without ever a bobble.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You do realize the safety can be left in position a or b right? Just cause' it is there doesn't mean it has to be used.

Last edited by high_country_; 02/12/15.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
I have been more than pleased with my Kel Tec P3AT. I have TRIED TO make it hiccup and have not been able to. Extra light. dissapears into about any pocket, NO STUPID AND DANGEROUS EXTERIOR SAFETY, and blows through even cheap foriegn ammo and +P+ Buffalo Bore carry ammo without ever a bobble.

An exterior safety is stupid and dangerous?

Wow.

I seem to recall them being on 1911 style pistols, including that "uber" RIA 10mm.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for all the info so far! I'm definitely going to keep looking. But for now, I can't deny how that Kimber Micro Carry felt in my hands today. Plain awesome! I just know though that some of the others are lighter and thinner/smaller in size and that bothers me some I guess. Especially when conceal ability is my main concern.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only 380 I own is an LCP hecause my wife bought it for me

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If the Kimber feels great go for it... That is why I chose the Kahr over the others it size...it just fit my hand well and I liked the trigger pull.

And no it has no external safety....which I have to agree with safariman isn't the best thing to have on a defensive handgun....and this comes from a shooter who has carried a 1911 everyday for 35 years.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
not much of a fan of pocket carry but If I do It.s a Kahr p380

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sold on the new Glock 42.

Had a Ruger LCP and traded it on the 42.
I can HIT Lots better with the 42, it has better sights.

With a Hogue slip on grip, it's also very comfortable to shoot.

Virgil B.

Last edited by vbshootinrange; 02/13/15.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
^^^^

Don't tell Safaridouche you like your G42, he predicted it would be a flop.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,023
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.