Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I was sent a PM on another forum, responded, and got this response back from him. I am staying at Africa Sky April 22nd, using their full service meet/greet/checkin next day/SAPS service.

Here is the response I got:
"Yes, I used it, and the meet and greet part (and drop-off on the other end) were perfectly satisfactory.

But, I didn't like the place. Even though it is nice, I didn't feel it was secure. Maybe I am paranoid, but when I am in Johannesburg, I want to be in a compound full of armed white people. Their place may have been nominally in a compound, but the only person there when I arrived was the same black African who did the meet-and-greet and drove me there. No desk clerk. Next day, there was a white desk clerk, but a female. Most of the employees are black. They store your gun in a safe when you arrive so you are basically in your room, unarmed, with nothing of substance keeping intruders out of the place."

Question is, do you guys agree, disagree, or what would be your take on this?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
My wife and I felt safe. It was very quite as in we didn't hear a thing as far as any noises not from within the property. My guns were in my room. This was from May '14.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have stayed at Africa Sky five times. My firearms were always with me in my room. I have never felt unsafe and would not even if my rifle was not with me. It was locked in the case regardless.

If somebody is uncomfortable about being around black people in Africa, especially at a place like Africa Sky, maybe they should stay home because Africa is not the place for them.

My wife was on three of the trips with me and would not hesitate to make the trip by herself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Disagree with his statement

My wife and I had zero issues and will use them again

JG.......stay with confidence

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Roger that ted. I'm looking forward to it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I mentioned this thread to my wife

She said her only regret was that she didn't buy the little red crock leather purse in the gift area of Africa Sky

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Have been there 3 times also, and my guns in my case in my room, but never thought about needing them. I'm sure the folks at A.S. aren't hiring just anyone, so no reason to feel unsafe.

Ghost
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dude needs to get a grip on reality!

I'll be staying there again.

Goofy aka graybird on other forums

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning"
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I agree with you guys......I booked there for eve of April 22nd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JG,

The locals are more security aware than we are. A.S. has a good reputation. Much of it boils down to "what neighborhood" they are in, just like every other city on earth.

Maybe I'm too naive and trusting, but when in Rome, the Romans usually know the score.

BTW, you turbo suck because this is your 2nd trip since the last I've been. Serious envy brewing here. If you get a layover in ATL, let me know!

Last edited by hatari; 03/02/15. Reason: JG sux!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Gotcha Dr Phibes.......! smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 55 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,035
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.