-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking my son's LH 243 might get a new lighter weight stock!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
GB1

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Nice tom, REAL nice!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Very, very nice!!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Tom is there by chance going to be anything new for the Tikkas? Really like the looks of that EH8!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tom,

Will the EH8 only be for the short action 700 or can it be had in the long action 700? How long is the forend forward of the front action screw?

Also, got any pics of a stock in leaf green? Thinking of going with that color, but can't seem to find many examples of the color.

Thanks!

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Come on Group buy...tap tap tap

Honorary Gouger per Travis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone able to compare the EH6 to the Manners T?

Thanks

C
C
Mr. Manners,

Could you speak to the difference between the EH4 and the EH8?

I see weight quotes, do they change if you choose 100% CF fill? I understand the EH series to be CF shell, but does the weight drop with 100% CF fill? As in, can the SL go lighter or will the EH4 and EH8 be even lighter spec'd with 100% CF fill?

Thanks, building a 338 Federal 20-21" barrel, light weight carry in the hills for elk and bear gun.

T
T
Originally Posted by Cheese_Burger
Mr. Manners,

Could you speak to the difference between the EH4 and the EH8?

I see weight quotes, do they change if you choose 100% CF fill? I understand the EH series to be CF shell, but does the weight drop with 100% CF fill? As in, can the SL go lighter or will the EH4 and EH8 be even lighter spec'd with 100% CF fill?

Thanks, building a 338 Federal 20-21" barrel, light weight carry in the hills for elk and bear gun.

Hi, Here is a ling to our spec sheet on our web page which will have all the basic dimension specs on our stocks. http://mannersstocks.com/stock-technical-specifications/

. The overall shape of the EH4 is bigger than the EH8. All the EH series stocks come standard with the 100% carbon fiber shell and the controlled heavy fill around the pillers and lug areas. The SL and EH4 are very close in overall mass and will always come in about the same weight. On your 338 build, there is a lot of variables ( barrel size, action, size of scope objective, ect.), if you PM me your contact phone number I would be more than happy to give you a call and walk you through them so you make the right choice that best fits. Thank you very much,

Thomas Manners
Manners Composite Stocks LLC
1232 Swift
North Kansas, City. Mo 64116
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
T
T
Originally Posted by Sevens
Tom,

Will the EH8 only be for the short action 700 or can it be had in the long action 700? How long is the forend forward of the front action screw?

Also, got any pics of a stock in leaf green? Thinking of going with that color, but can't seem to find many examples of the color.

Thanks!
The EH8 is realy only designed for upto a 700 short action, if we get enough request im sure that we can make a bigger version no problem. The issue is that it is a quick taper stock on the top and bottom, it was designed to hung the action, if I would make a small stock like this to fit everything, it wouldn't look right when you have a rem seven in it, there would be alot of stock showing on the top side.

I will see if i have any pictures of a all leaf green stock and post them up. Leaf green is a good color that works well in camo patterns, but for me personally I like the OD better for solid painted stocks. .

Originally Posted by Gansettx
Come on Group buy...tap tap tap
It started this morning.

Originally Posted by 10generation
Anyone able to compare the EH6 to the Manners T?

Thanks
Here is a link to our stock spec page that might help you out. PM me if you have any other questions. Thank you http://mannersstocks.com/stock-technical-specifications/

Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
Tom is there by chance going to be anything new for the Tikkas? Really like the looks of that EH8!
We did come out with a adjustable cheek version of our small MCS-EHT ( tikka ) hunting stock this year. It uses the new LRI titanium hardware.

Originally Posted by RiesigJay

That looks awesome. LH available, right?
Yes, no problem the new EH8 is designed as a amb. stock, it can be inleted for both right and left actions.

Thank you very much,

Thomas Manners
1232 Swift
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
IC B3

C
C
Awesome, thanks!

I understand the shell part, but how does specing a 100% CF fill change the weight estimates on the sheet? A few ounces?

Lightest 338 barrel I can get that the smith likes is a Bartlein 3, so it looks like I am heading towards a EH4.

Looking forward to being a Manners customer.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
CB, if I understand your question correctly, I do not think that Manners offers the stock without the control heavy fill around pillars and lug (or 100% CF fill as you say).

T
T
Originally Posted by Cheese_Burger
Awesome, thanks!

I understand the shell part, but how does specing a 100% CF fill change the weight estimates on the sheet? A few ounces?

Lightest 338 barrel I can get that the smith likes is a Bartlein 3, so it looks like I am heading towards a EH4.

Looking forward to being a Manners customer.

Hi Cheese, The EH series stocks come standard already with our lightest weight fill. They can also be had with the heavier more dense fill that we use in our tactical stock. If a guy wants this heavier fill i suggest also getting the standard shell which is about 75% glass and 25% carbon fiber, this will also save you a few bucks on the overall cost of the stock. This heavier option is not a bad Idea when you are running a big magnum, most guys like a little xtra weight to help manage recoil. The stock will still be pretty light, it will only add about 8 to 9 ounces.

The EH series lightest weight fill is done with what we call the controlled fill process. ( note pic below ) The heavy fill blocks in them do add weight, probably around 1 1/2 to 2 ounces but I don't feel comfortable not putting them in. Especially on big magnum rounds. These areas are where all the energy of the action is transferred to the stock, they have to withstand the recoil. Another reason this is done is that all of our stocks have a life time guarantee no matter you are the first owner or fifth and this ensures many years of trouble free use.

I hope this answered what you where asking, if not give me a buzz at the shop and i will get you squared away. Thank you very much,.
[Linked Image]

Thomas Manners
1232 Swift
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tmanners
Originally Posted by Sevens
Tom,

[quote=Gansettx]Come on Group buy...tap tap tap
It started this morning.

What are the details of the group buy, and how do you get in on it?

Last edited by drano 25; 02/17/15.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Empirical results rule!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I am interested in an EH6 for Mauser 98 patterns, my actions are two Brno 21 smallring and one Brno ZG-47 largering. These fit into Mauser 98 inlets and are THE finest commercial bolt actions in hunting rifles ever produced.

I now have 28 big game custom rifles in various synthetic stocks and have had others, about 3 dozen since my first Brown in 1985.

I am always looking for the best blanks to build more fine hunting rifles for use here in BC.

Ideas?

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Grand
Tom: I'd like to see a T5A with a trimmed A3 style front end. Love the thumbhole, but not the bulk.

Thanks Tom for answering my request. The MCS-T5/A is exactly what I had in mind.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SNAP

I am always looking for the best blanks to build more fine hunting rifles for use here in BC.

Ideas?

Pick up the phone and call Tom Manners. He has answered all my questions.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
T
T
Originally Posted by SNAP
I am interested in an EH6 for Mauser 98 patterns, my actions are two Brno 21 smallring and one Brno ZG-47 largering. These fit into Mauser 98 inlets and are THE finest commercial bolt actions in hunting rifles ever produced.

I now have 28 big game custom rifles in various synthetic stocks and have had others, about 3 dozen since my first Brown in 1985.

Ideas?
HI Snap, PM me your contact information or email it to me and I will give you a buzz. Im sure we can get you fixed up. Thank you very much,

Thomas Manners
1232 Swift
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Can the EH8 be inletted for a Win70 short action?

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,247
Posts18,466,921
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.