Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Well I was planning on heading over to your AO to shoot some gophers and to give you another long range shooting lesson. laugh I hope to schedule the LR class in April if I get finished traveling by then.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
GB1

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Very nice. My CZs shoot the CCI SV very well but Wolf MT is the clear winner.

How about thread the barrel and use a Sparrow silencer?

It's getting threaded this week.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bought one of these in 22 WMR

[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I've heard good things about them. It'll shoot better if you camo it. When it warms up, see if we can find a weekend for a gopher slaughter.

Bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No need to be tacticool wink I wanted a threaded version but none were available. Not sure I want to run a WMR through that ISIS anyway. My new camp turkey gun. I put a 6x42 Leupold on it.

IC B2

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
It got up to 14 degrees so I got out and shot my new CZ VPT. It is really easy to get behind and lined up. It handles and feels like a full size rifle. All I have done is clean (most) of the gunk from the bore. They really packed it full. I have not messed with the trigger or bedding yet. I'll do that after my order from DIP arrives. It was still pretty windy this afternoon. I got a 75 yard zero dialed in and shot some of the clay pigeon pieces left on a berm. It was 131 yards from where I set up prone. I'll try to get a picture of targets up later. I just need to organize my excuses first. laugh

[Linked Image]

Bob

Last edited by Bobcape; 02/22/15.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't see your rifle...and you are supposed to lay in the mud. It got warm in your AO

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Had the new to me CZ 452 out today, and it did well. Shot Auglia Match rifle into less than 1/2" at 50 yards. Thinking this one is a keeper.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I like that rifle Bob.

I got a 455 last September and put the 25MOA rail on it. Also got the aluminum mag box and release. Happy with the whole deal.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
My 25 MOA rail and mag release will be here soon. The mag well is backordered. What scope did you go with? Having trouble deciding.

Bob

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Excellent looking piece. Didn't even realize they made a Manners stocked version. All my CZ's and BRNO's have been excellent shooters. Best of luck with yours.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Did you bed it Travis? Any trigger work?

Bob

Last edited by Bobcape; 02/25/15.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Bob,

I left the trigger alone and I have been happy with it. The only mods I did was hogging out the barrel channel. It was floated, but not to my liking. I like a lot more space.

It has shot everything nice and tight at the 50. I have dope to the 250yd line. You don't want to be a gopher at the distance...

I put my 6X42 with M1's on it. Been killing stuff from spitting distance to 150yds now. She's a killing machine.

Should have my can in about a week. Then it will be even cooler.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What are you using for your killin' ammo?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Some bulk Winchester HP's. I think they are 36gr's. No rhyme or reason to selecting them they were just the first thing I grabbed out of my stash. I tried multiple round nose too and they have all shot well.

These Winchesters really anchor bunnies but I am going to switch to some sub-sonic stuff once I get my can in hand.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The next thing you need is one of those through-the-scope cameras like they use on the Fieldsports Channel so you can record your kills.

You can be a YouTube star.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have never attached it to my rifle but I do have a camera adapter for my Zeiss that works really well.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know if you've watched any or not, but they do some neat stuff with night vision and "moderated" rifles. Sometimes you can see the bullets in flight.

For a country that's otherwise very anti-guns and hunting, they are able to do some pretty cool stuff that would get you thrown in the pokey most places here.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I got a few things done on the new trainer. My 25 MOA rail arrived. Got it installed along with extended mag release and new trigger spring. I also cut a new crown on it. I never trust factory crowns.

[Linked Image]

It got up into the 20's today and the wind dropped below 30 MPH so I had to give it a whirl. I grabbed two boxes of "CCI Std Vel". After I got it on target I was wondering if I had screwed up re crowning it because it wasn't shooting as good as it did last weekend. All shooting was at 75 yards. (I forgot to change the label to 75 yards.) I shot five 5-shot groups. None were outstanding. I looked at the ammo boxes. I had grabbed "CCI Quiet Loads" by mistake. I only had 5 of the Standard Velocity rounds in the second magazine. I aimed at the lower left target. Impact was about 4" high at 75 yards. Good group.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like this rifle.

Bob

Last edited by Bobcape; 03/02/15.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A 22LR sniper rifle now I have seen it all.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

696 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,839 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,155
Posts18,465,109
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.