Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#9621899 02/20/15
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I've been looking for one of the Manners stocked CZ Varmint Precision Trainers. Local store got me one today. It followed me home tonight. Plus a brick of CCI Standard Velocity and some Mini-Mags. Now I have to get it threaded, pick a scope and order a bunch of items from Dip. Looking forward to shooting it! Anybody have first hand experience with one?

[Linked Image]

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy a DIP aluminum mag well as soon as possible. Nice rifle. What glass do you intend to mount on it?

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I haven't decided 100% on the glass yet. I'm thinking of an FX3-12x. Then send the scope in for a TMR reticle and maybe replace the windage turret with a standard low profile cap. I don't dial windage and I don't like that windage turret sticking out so much. I've done this on other scopes and like this setup quite a bit. I have an FX 24x with fine crosshair sitting here I'll put on temporarily. I don't want anything too heavy. What glass would you suggest?

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
And thanks for the suggestion. I just added the aluminum mag well to my order. This is my first CZ. I'm looking forward to finding out what ammo it likes best. I woke up this morning to snow blowing sideways! Not the best conditions for group testing.

Bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CCI SV has proven to be the best price vs accuracy ammo for me. Wolf Match ammo being the best regardless of price. When choosing glass just be mindful of large rear occulars. The CZ has a really high bolt throw.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Nice! I'm hooked on the CZ's. Let us know how it comes together.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NRA Small bore silhouette in the works, Bobcape ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1. Thats bad azz
2. What is DIP?
3. Where do I get one and how much are they?

Please let us know how they shoot!

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bobcape
I've been looking for one of the Manners stocked CZ Varmint Precision Trainers. Local store got me one today. It followed me home tonight. Plus a brick of CCI Standard Velocity and some Mini-Mags. Now I have to get it threaded, pick a scope and order a bunch of items from Dip. Looking forward to shooting it! Anybody have first hand experience with one?

[Linked Image]

Bob

camo stock ain't gonna hep you sneak up on gophers Bob...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by passport
1. Thats bad azz
2. What is DIP?

1. I agree.
2. DIP
3. It is a stock item from CZ. The new ones have the molded in camo Manners stock. Older ones were tan. Retail for $970. I got mine for $815. Check with ShortActionSmoker on here. I think he may be able to help you.

Keith,
Don't need to sneak up on 'em. This thing is gaurenteed dead-on with zero drop to 1,100 yards. Pretty good for a .22LR! It's their proprietary rifling that makes it so's the bullets don't slow down. You need one. Bad!

Bob

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just got my new toy as well, A CZ 452 Silhouette in a boyd's TR stock. Time for the range in the AM..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now it just needs to warm up so you can play with the thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get a single-shot adapter.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by woodson
Now it just needs to warm up so you can play with the thing.

That's what I'm hoping for. Right now it's 3 degrees and blowing. Not looking too good.

Bob

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by woodson
CCI SV has proven to be the best price vs accuracy ammo for me. Wolf Match ammo being the best regardless of price. When choosing glass just be mindful of large rear occulars. The CZ has a really high bolt throw.

Woodson,

I just picked up a 452 and was surprised by the high bolt throw. What rings/bases/scope did you go with?

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Here are some quick pictures of an FX-24 in a Leupold Ringmount Rimfire 11mm High set - 54234. The bolt clears with no problem. The bolt did not clear with the medium height rings. I am returning these and am going with the DIP 25MOA extended rail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You should try NRA Silhouette with the new gun.

Much fun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice. My CZs shoot the CCI SV very well but Wolf MT is the clear winner.

How about thread the barrel and use a Sparrow silencer?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the interest of full disclosure, my CZ is a 453 American. I used the OEM rings, not certain of height. The OEM rings barely clears the bolt throw and sadly using a 40mm objective scope I have a lot of clearance.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by passport
1. Thats bad azz
2. What is DIP?

1. I agree.
2. DIP
3. It is a stock item from CZ. The new ones have the molded in camo Manners stock. Older ones were tan. Retail for $970. I got mine for $815. Check with ShortActionSmoker on here. I think he may be able to help you.

Keith,
Don't need to sneak up on 'em. This thing is gaurenteed dead-on with zero drop to 1,100 yards. Pretty good for a .22LR! It's their proprietary rifling that makes it so's the bullets don't slow down. You need one. Bad!

Bob

We will suffice it to say the gophers will be safe in your AO then.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Well I was planning on heading over to your AO to shoot some gophers and to give you another long range shooting lesson. laugh I hope to schedule the LR class in April if I get finished traveling by then.

Bob

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Very nice. My CZs shoot the CCI SV very well but Wolf MT is the clear winner.

How about thread the barrel and use a Sparrow silencer?

It's getting threaded this week.

Bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bought one of these in 22 WMR

[Linked Image]

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I've heard good things about them. It'll shoot better if you camo it. When it warms up, see if we can find a weekend for a gopher slaughter.

Bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No need to be tacticool wink I wanted a threaded version but none were available. Not sure I want to run a WMR through that ISIS anyway. My new camp turkey gun. I put a 6x42 Leupold on it.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
It got up to 14 degrees so I got out and shot my new CZ VPT. It is really easy to get behind and lined up. It handles and feels like a full size rifle. All I have done is clean (most) of the gunk from the bore. They really packed it full. I have not messed with the trigger or bedding yet. I'll do that after my order from DIP arrives. It was still pretty windy this afternoon. I got a 75 yard zero dialed in and shot some of the clay pigeon pieces left on a berm. It was 131 yards from where I set up prone. I'll try to get a picture of targets up later. I just need to organize my excuses first. laugh

[Linked Image]

Bob

Last edited by Bobcape; 02/22/15.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't see your rifle...and you are supposed to lay in the mud. It got warm in your AO

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Had the new to me CZ 452 out today, and it did well. Shot Auglia Match rifle into less than 1/2" at 50 yards. Thinking this one is a keeper.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I like that rifle Bob.

I got a 455 last September and put the 25MOA rail on it. Also got the aluminum mag box and release. Happy with the whole deal.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
My 25 MOA rail and mag release will be here soon. The mag well is backordered. What scope did you go with? Having trouble deciding.

Bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Excellent looking piece. Didn't even realize they made a Manners stocked version. All my CZ's and BRNO's have been excellent shooters. Best of luck with yours.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Did you bed it Travis? Any trigger work?

Bob

Last edited by Bobcape; 02/25/15.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Bob,

I left the trigger alone and I have been happy with it. The only mods I did was hogging out the barrel channel. It was floated, but not to my liking. I like a lot more space.

It has shot everything nice and tight at the 50. I have dope to the 250yd line. You don't want to be a gopher at the distance...

I put my 6X42 with M1's on it. Been killing stuff from spitting distance to 150yds now. She's a killing machine.

Should have my can in about a week. Then it will be even cooler.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What are you using for your killin' ammo?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Some bulk Winchester HP's. I think they are 36gr's. No rhyme or reason to selecting them they were just the first thing I grabbed out of my stash. I tried multiple round nose too and they have all shot well.

These Winchesters really anchor bunnies but I am going to switch to some sub-sonic stuff once I get my can in hand.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The next thing you need is one of those through-the-scope cameras like they use on the Fieldsports Channel so you can record your kills.

You can be a YouTube star.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have never attached it to my rifle but I do have a camera adapter for my Zeiss that works really well.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know if you've watched any or not, but they do some neat stuff with night vision and "moderated" rifles. Sometimes you can see the bullets in flight.

For a country that's otherwise very anti-guns and hunting, they are able to do some pretty cool stuff that would get you thrown in the pokey most places here.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I got a few things done on the new trainer. My 25 MOA rail arrived. Got it installed along with extended mag release and new trigger spring. I also cut a new crown on it. I never trust factory crowns.

[Linked Image]

It got up into the 20's today and the wind dropped below 30 MPH so I had to give it a whirl. I grabbed two boxes of "CCI Std Vel". After I got it on target I was wondering if I had screwed up re crowning it because it wasn't shooting as good as it did last weekend. All shooting was at 75 yards. (I forgot to change the label to 75 yards.) I shot five 5-shot groups. None were outstanding. I looked at the ammo boxes. I had grabbed "CCI Quiet Loads" by mistake. I only had 5 of the Standard Velocity rounds in the second magazine. I aimed at the lower left target. Impact was about 4" high at 75 yards. Good group.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like this rifle.

Bob

Last edited by Bobcape; 03/02/15.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A 22LR sniper rifle now I have seen it all.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bob,

How much did that rig run you?

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by dawggone

Yep, there are a lot of different trainer models available nowadays. Great way to learn wind hold offs when shooting rimfire at 200-250 yards. Lots of fun.

Bob

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gonzaga
Bob,

How much did that rig run you?

Well, they're not giving them away that's for sure. But, it doesn't cost even close to what you'd have to pay for an Annie. They can be had for around $800. They've offered the trainer with the Manners stock for several years now. They recently made some changes to the way they put them together I understand. So look for one that has the molded in camo finish to get the newest setup.

Bob

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Some of the best money you can spend.

Travis

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Dang! My new scope has been sitting at UPS in Rock Springs, WY since Tuesday. Still not moving today. I was hoping to get it mounted and do some longer range shooting with it. Not sure if it'll get it here tomorrow or not.

Bob

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I want blood.

Travis

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by deflave

Some of the best money you can spend.

Travis

I'll keep my Kimber 82 wink

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You'll get your ass handed to you on a bunny hunt.

Travis

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You leave my ass out of this. You will hurt his feelings!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's a fact!

Dave

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Why is that? Is your bolt action faster than my bolt action? grin

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I'm guessing that Travis feels that his CZ/scope setup will perform better in the field at longer ranges than your 82 will. When shooting beyond 150-200 yards in the field at bunnies, most will benefit from a purpose-built long range rimfire rifle.

Bob

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
My rings arrived today, but my stoooooopid scope is still stuck in WY.

Bob

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

82 probably shoots great but it won't get it done on the killing fields.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My rings arrived today, but my stoooooopid scope is still stuck in WY.

Bob

Lame. It's the weekend.

Travis

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

82 probably shoots great but it won't get it done on the killing fields.

Travis

I'm guessing that Travis feels that his CZ/scope setup will perform better in the field at longer ranges than your 82 will. When shooting beyond 150-200 yards in the field at bunnies, most will benefit from a purpose-built long range rimfire rifle.

Bob

Bullshit gets deeep around here. I should be wearing chest waders.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I must have the 82 confused with something else. Let's see your rig.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Travis ....

They come in many variants .... the CMP target rifles from the gubbmint, from a whole slew of Kimbers from Yonkers in many configurations; straight sporters (hunter) to the heavy barreled SVT's. If one had a 25 MOA base for a 82 (if one is made?) I think a 82 would hold its own.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I thought they were smallbore target rifles.

Travis

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This is a Cascade model which has a cheek piece.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Kimber-of-Oregon-Model-LR/1591105.uts

Mine is a plain old sporter without it. Best I could do for a picture right now.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I might buy that 82 at Cabela's. Those were awesome guns.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Like the CZ sniper rifle. I would up the ante on ammo. Try Lapua Center-X and some of the mid priced RWS and Eley stuff. Is better in most rifles than Wolf/SK.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Mine is a plain old sporter without it. Best I could do for a picture right now.

Now I've seen everything.

Travis

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Now I've seen everything.

Travis

Why is that? Just because I searched for a pic cause I don't keep stock photos of my guns around on my computer? When I get time to take a pic, upload it and post it to satisfy your wiseass curiosity I will.

Until then GFY.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Now I've really seen everything.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A buddy packed his new CZ to the range this AM. After he dialed it in, I did about a 1/2 inch bug hole with 5 America Eagles at 50 yds. Shot right with my Anschutz. For the $$, I was impressed.

1Minute
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Now I've really seen everything.

Travis

No you sure have not wink you haven't seen my rifle yet. Nothing special just an old Clackamas Kimber sporteR

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Let's see it then. Stock, scope, mounts, accessories, targets. Even here in the sunny South not much is happening in the field as small game season is now closed. Pics wanted.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep the Checz Anschutz for the money hard to beat. I really like mine.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Lockhart
Let's see it then. Stock, scope, mounts, accessories, targets. Even here in the sunny South not much is happening in the field as small game season is now closed. Pics wanted.

Patience jackass patience you must think you matter wink and by the way only women accessorize.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You old women happy now?

[Linked Image]

M-8 6X Compact in Kimber Deluxe rings wink Of all the ammo I used it really liked the old Federal Lightning the best for group size. Just shot gophers with Federal bulk HP. Not enough rabbits around to bother with.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I were an old woman, I'd be thrilled with that rig.

Travis

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If I were an old woman, I'd be thrilled with that rig.

Travis

Well old hag start thrillin wink beats a CZ POS to death. Keep buyin your Commie chit.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This is a Kimber 82C that does a fair job on Starling control inside 50 yards with Sub Sonics. Not a long range rig using the factory Warnes and an older Burris 4X but a Classic hunting .22 in my view.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am guessing that Anschutz 54 sporters, kimbers from OR and Coopers all have about the same potential to shoot well. CZ's as well but require some tweaking. I have a 452 in 17hmr that outshot the two Anshutz 17hmr's that I have owned. One of these was a 1717hb. I had a 455 22lr that shot well but not quite with my Annie's. Was tempted to put a Lilja 22mag barrel on that gun but ultimately traded it. My Anshutz 22's unfortunately require expensive ammo to really shine.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bonefish
I am guessing that Anschutz 54 sporters, kimbers from OR and Coopers all have about the same potential to shoot well. CZ's as well but require some tweaking. I have a 452 in 17hmr that outshot the two Anshutz 17hmr's that I have owned. One of these was a 1717hb. I had a 455 22lr that shot well but not quite with my Annie's. Was tempted to put a Lilja 22mag barrel on that gun but ultimately traded it. My Anshutz 22's unfortunately require expensive ammo to really shine.

I have pretty much decided that you either got the 54, or you don't.

And the CZ is definitely the most bang for the buck in the do-not department. The Americans may end up being the best bargain out there, but right now there just isn't enough after market stuff IMO.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Well old hag start thrillin wink beats a CZ POS to death. Keep buyin your Commie chit.

If I liked safe queens, I'd be proud of yours too.

AWESOME rig!

Travis

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Whatever wink

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Let's reel this puppy back in. After all, it's a thread about me! My scope arrived late Friday evening. Got it all situated and shot Saturday and Sunday. Man do I love this rifle! So glad it's not a Kimber! BAM! Just kidding. You've got a great looking rifle there.

I tried a few different brands of ammo I had on hand. All targets were shot at 75 yards.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

For the price I'm liking this CCI SV ammo. We shot at broken pieces of clay pigeons at 200 yards. I was giggling like a little girl when I'd hit one. You could see the bullet come back into view and hit (or miss) the piece. Lots of fun. And, I got the rifle dirty and muddy. Bonus.

Bob

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Awesome performance.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Nice patterns. I looked for a target that Kimber shot with the Federal Lightning but could not find one not that you old wimmens would believe me anyway.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Nice patterns. I looked for a target that Kimber shot with the Federal Lightning but could not find one not that you old wimmens would believe me anyway.

For the record, I like the looks of your Kimber. But I was looking for a rifle I can use in the field to learn a little more about wind and not worry if it gets scratched and dinged up. I'm thinking the gophers are going to be pissed I got this thing!

Bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough crowd here. You can't bring that thang to Wyoming Bob. We just don't allow such. Now if you have a Ruger, Remington, Weenchester, Kimber or even dare I say it shocked a Savage we will let it in the border laugh

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It looks fat in that stock. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've had several K of O Kimbers both centerfire and rimfire. Only 3 left and all 82's. 22 LR, 22 Hornet 22 K-Hornet Shooting sumbitches they be. Fat?? Nope they feel like real rifles. Mine used to see duty in the sod rat fields til the fuggin forest circus shut down the rat shooting north of town to save the fargit ferrets mad like them dang things come out in daylight anyway.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You old women happy now?

[Linked Image]

M-8 6X Compact in Kimber Deluxe rings wink Of all the ammo I used it really liked the old Federal Lightning the best for group size. Just shot gophers with Federal bulk HP. Not enough rabbits around to bother with.

Nice I wish mine had a pair of vertical spits. May have to try and find a pair of those.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by eh76
Tough crowd here. You can't bring that thang to Wyoming Bob. We just don't allow such. Now if you have a Ruger, Remington, Weenchester, Kimber or even dare I say it shocked a Savage we will let it in the border laugh

Ha! I'm bringing that sumbitch over there as soon as it's gopher weather. Like in August, when most of the snow has melted! Road blocks or not!

Bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like this gun!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Glad it's shootin' for you Bob.

Gophers are not fully out yet. Gonna look some more this weekend. End of the month should be good for killin'.

Travis

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Still less than 300 rounds through it. It's coming along. I need to source a couple of bricks of CCI SV it looks like. I'm traveling to SC next Friday for a week. Gonna hit all the local stores and see what I can find. PSA is in Greenville where I'll be for the week. I hope to fly home with lots of ammo!

Bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Getting that bag through TSA ought to be interesting smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Still less than 300 rounds through it. It's coming along. I need to source a couple of bricks of CCI SV it looks like. I'm traveling to SC next Friday for a week. Gonna hit all the local stores and see what I can find. PSA is in Greenville where I'll be for the week. I hope to fly home with lots of ammo!

Bob

My next testing will be with sub-sonics but probably not until after gopher season. I can't see using the can in a gopher field.

On another note, I'll never use Dakota Silencer again. They suck.

Travis

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

Bob

My next testing will be with sub-sonics but probably not until after gopher season. I can't see using the can in a gopher field.

On another note, I'll never use Dakota Silencer again. They suck.

Travis

I've heard that before. I use Deep Creek Outfitters. Good to go. Or First Stop Guns.

Bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Try some Lapua Center X through it. It might have European taste.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
Try some Lapua Center X through it. It might have European taste.

Do you know of a source for some? I'd like to give some a try.

Bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I tried to find you some today. Champions Shooters Supply out of Ohio is out but has SK Rifle Match, which would be worth trying. I will send you a couple of boxes if you will PM me.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Wow! That's very generous! Thank you. PM inbound.

Bob

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Found a little Fiocchi 320 match ammo. It was almost windless this morning. It shot better than the CCI SV. 75 yard groups resting across the back of my pickup.

Upper right group is 4 shots. I adjusted down and left and impacted too far low, left. Adjusted again and fired 10 shot group.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm still learning to shoot this rifle. And researching ammo choices.

Bob

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Stop testing and start killing Bob!

Travis

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Stop testing and start killing Bob!

Travis

Fixing to do some of that right now! laugh

Bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Today wink

[Linked Image]

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Now that's just not right! What did that poor gopher ever do to you? Don't you know that all animals are equal and have rights?

Good shooting bro.

Bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey they were trying to overrun our position!

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by eh76
Getting that bag through TSA ought to be interesting smile

I just checked with TSA. In their original box I can bring back 22 lbs of ammo per checked bag. I'll see if I can find any. I bought another brick of CCI SV locally yesterday.

Bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing around here at all. Just be careful going over the airline weight limit for the bag. 1 Lb over can cost you $50 to $100 depending on the airline.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
187 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 26 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.