Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by bigwoods
Atz is already quite successful and has plenty of money.

The same with his brother Otto. See: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/business-executives/otto-kilcher-net-worth/

If you factor in the value of all the prime land that comprises the "Kilcher Homestead" they are certainly worth even more. These folks have more tools-n-toys than you can shake a stick at! And, half the episodes seem to be involved with some sort of expedition "to the head of the bay" often times to deal with the 40 or so head of cattle that make up Otto's cattle ranching empire. You also have to keep in mind that the "Kilchers Homestead" (such as it is) is just down the road from Homer. The show is shot and edited in such a way to lead you believe that the Kilchers live far out in the sticks, and, as the opening of the show reminds us, "Hunting Is Essential For Survival OnThe Homestead." What the producers don't want you to know is that there are plenty of grocery stores, fast-food joints, and restaurants in nearby Homer, just in case the Kilchers' freezers get a little low.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Bush people have kept that sightless bolt action around since the show first aired. I can't figure what its for? I liked how Gabe "got" that deer with it though. As far as the scope cap incident, Gabe used the see throughs for that shot so the Butler Creeks being down wasn't an issue. From what I've dug up Billy Browns hobby has apparently been marijuana cultivation in the past. They certainly look like stoners. Their show is short lived since they're facing class III felonies in court this Spring and they will lose their gun rights and you really can't live in the bush on Chichagof with no guns. They'll have to live in town which I believe is more familiar to them anyway. For "Bush people" they apparently spent a lot of time living in the lower 48 which is why they're in trouble with the state of Alaska. I find the Kilchers to be genuine and actually enjoy their show.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And Jewel is a Kilcher so of course they have money.

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
One member of a family having money has nothing to do with the other people. Unless its the parents and the youngsters mooch off of them. ED K

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The thing to remember about Homer is many of the people there have a Berkeley California mindset. Homer is anything but Bush Alaska.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We've got some places near here like that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup we call em flatlanders what a bunch of pain in the azzes

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Learned something today ... you can even have good old Atz officiate at your wedding! See: http://atzkilcher.com/wedding-officiating/

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Never heard of the show.
Folks, many youngsters, look surprised when I say I don't have television reception.
From the posts here, I'm not missing much.
Cal

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To me if you live in Alaska and sit around watching TV, you missed the reason for living in AK.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
No TV, can't really comment that much then from lack of knowledge on the subject?

We have TV of course, but don't watch it near as much as others... only for news, the wife does, I won't watch the news much. Or it is something to do if its dark outside or the weather is wet and we won't go outside.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Gave up on this a long time ago... Makes one wonder how stupid these folks are.. Or how stupid they think we are, but the country did elect Obummer.. I guess that says it all.

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The Bush People are anything but Bush.
Anyone that believes anything about what they are doing is completely dupped.
The show is totally staged.
I don't think they have ever killed anything in their current location. Anything dead has been purchased, by the production company. It is amazing they lived through the first season on Chit, it is unforgiving of morons. Must help to have 20 baby sitters constantly.
They make Alaskans look bad.
Still can't figure out the costumes. Pretty weird.
Too bad the production company doesn't use the real people to do the show, there are plenty of great ones, with real life experiences and real adventures.
The morons prevail. Oh, well.
The production does bring funds in, and it helps the locals.

re

Beware the man with one gun, for he likely knows how to use it...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,612
Posts18,454,920
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.