24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think we're going to resolve this amongst ourselves, and even if we did nobody with power would care. We're pissing in the wind here.

They allow us our little toys and distractions, like the internet, for now.

LOL
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
IF and a big IF that happened EXACTLY like you stated, it's likely that it happened just because you acted like an aroggant azz hole

When did becoming an arrogant azz hole become against the law?

It's just the same old mantra....... Be respectful to the cop and he will be respectful to you.... .

Like they are all cloned. A hell of a lot more than the "ten percent" figure they throw around are really screwed up individuals.

Who in hell takes a job where you are required to butt in someone's business where you have no dog in the fight?

I have some friends in Law Enforcement, but it's obvious to me, and our mutual friends, that they think differently from the rest of us. The idea of "live and let live" is a foreign concept.

Those DUI checkpoints don't run themselves.

As long as the Government can find people willing to mistreat their fellow citizens for wages that don't really amount to much, we will be mistreated.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have always found it funny how many "conservatives" think nothing of checkpoints. But by God, you tell 'em they can only have 10 rounds in a magazine and watch them schit chickens.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Wait until somebody gets busted for a hi cap mag a cop finds in a DUI checkpoint in a state with 10 round max.

So many conservatives on this site are going to be so conflicted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DWI Checkpoint Loophole? Legit or get Tazed by Officers..?

Couldn't tell ya. Checkpoints are illegal in the Free Republic of Alaska.

We bag our DUIs the old fashioned way. We look for signs of impaired driving.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Originally Posted by wildbill59
People fought and bled for your constitutional rights. Cops hate the Constitution. they'd be so happy if it wasn't there. Kinda like the Nazi Germany days we seem to be slipping into.

The more you type, the faster your stupidity becomes public knowledge. Hint......

Why is he stupid? We have the GCA 68 on the books which is based off the German gun law of 1938. Police support the GCA 68 and the exemptions it grants them.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
Wait until somebody gets busted for a hi cap mag a cop finds in a DUI checkpoint in a state with 10 round max.

So many conservatives on this site are going to be so conflicted.

No conflict at all. If it happens during a democrat administration there will be outrage. If it happens during a Republican one we will support it since laws need to be enforced.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
IF and a big IF that happened EXACTLY like you stated, it's likely that it happened just because you acted like an aroggant azz hole

When did becoming an arrogant azz hole become against the law?

It's just the same old mantra....... Be respectful to the cop and he will be respectful to you.... .

Like they are all cloned. A hell of a lot more than the "ten percent" figure they throw around are really screwed up individuals.

Who in hell takes a job where you are required to butt in someone's business where you have no dog in the fight?

I have some friends in Law Enforcement, but it's obvious to me, and our mutual friends, that they think differently from the rest of us. The idea of "live and let live" is a foreign concept.

Those DUI checkpoints don't run themselves.

As long as the Government can find people willing to mistreat their fellow citizens for wages that don't really amount to much, we will be mistreated.

Fortunately, very few officers have the mindset of a Frank Serpico.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DUI checkpoints should be limited to DUI, felonies or violent infractions. No tickets for registration or other BS. Locals Stateboys set up on a certain back road and check paperwork. Makes me feel like 1943 in Paris or Berlin, and not Berlin Pa. Pisses me off and everyone I mention it to looks at me like I am nuts. I thought there was a little thing about probable cause and unreasonable searches. This is not even DUI related, they do it in the early afternoon. I have told my wife the next time I see them I am going to turn around in the middle of the road and go a different way. They will probably chase and I will not run. She says she wont bail me out. Couple months ago I was told they were there, When I went looking they had left.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
In my opinion all checkpoints are unconstitutional.

The only exceptions being perhaps an Amber alert with a high probability of the child being in an area that could be contained or some other exigent circumstance.

Travis

If that's true, you don't have a problem with checkpoints violating people's rights. You just have a problem with what they're typically used for. I agree with your statement, and think most people here would.

But agreeing with SOME checkpoints is the same stance the DWI guys have, just with different priorities.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've read some astoundingly stupid "legal" ideas before, but this one ranks way up there right off the bat.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Big difference. The Amber alert is in response to a particular crime.

DUI checkpoints are NOT in response to a crime.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
DUI checkpoints should be limited to DUI, felonies or violent infractions. No tickets for registration or other BS. Locals Stateboys set up on a certain back road and check paperwork. Makes me feel like 1943 in Paris or Berlin, and not Berlin Pa. Pisses me off and everyone I mention it to looks at me like I am nuts. I thought there was a little thing about probable cause and unreasonable searches. This is not even DUI related, they do it in the early afternoon. I have told my wife the next time I see them I am going to turn around in the middle of the road and go a different way. They will probably chase and I will not run. She says she wont bail me out. Couple months ago I was told they were there, When I went looking they had left.

You live in Berlin PA?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

If that's true, you don't have a problem with checkpoints violating people's rights. You just have a problem with what they're typically used for. I agree with your statement, and think most people here would.

But agreeing with SOME checkpoints is the same stance the DWI guys have, just with different priorities.

Pretty much.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Right. But his contention is that you are still being stopped without Probable Cause.

Which is correct.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

And if you are in agreement that checkpoints are ok IF a crime has been committed, then that would mean you agree with immigration checkpoints but oppose DWI checkpoints.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

And if you are in agreement that checkpoints are ok IF a crime has been committed, then that would mean you agree with immigration checkpoints but oppose DWI checkpoints.

Travis

Immigration checkpoints are NOT aimed at U.S.citizens. And no arrests for other than immigration offenses should be allowed at immigration checkpoints at any place other than the actual border.

I O W ...... The searches should only be looking for people.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An Amber Alert checkpoint is a violation of your 4th Amendment. It's just "for the children".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I guess you'd refuse to participate in a roadblock to catch escaped convicts who'd just killed a cop?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd throw up a roadblock if I thought it'd catch the killer of anybody, or to help a kidnapped kid. I already said that.

You're saying that some roadblocks are OK and some are blatant, corrupt violations of the 4th Amendment, which is an untenable position.

I'm saying they're all violations, but I'll violate my own conscience to save a kidnapped kid.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.