Too much Call of Duty...

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by coldboremiracle
Yes I was aiming at the head, which is where it hit. I understand if that's not everyone's cup of tea, but I wouldn't have taken the shot if I wasn't confident that I would hit it. Distance to target is irrelevant without the understanding and practice it takes to make a shot. How many deer get they're jaws blown off at 100yds? I'd say far more than there are at 900yds, for two reasons I suggest; not many people practice hunting at that range, and secondly those that do hunt in the realm of 100 yds are far more numerous a group, and that group likely includes the portion of hunters with shall we say less dedication. Thereby resulting in far more wounded/unrecovered animals.

I certainly dont mean to imply that headshots at this or any distance is unethical, that is up each individual. For every hunter, there is another hunter who disagrees with the first's practices. I only worry about what I can control.

Taking head shots on unwounded elk at 900yds is stupid.

Personally I think you went for the chest and missed. The elk was unlucky and had it's head in the way of the bullet.

I watched most of your other videos and nothing there showed a skill level necessary to reliably make first round hits on sub MOA targets at 900yds.

Feel free to hang some other evidence that would show you have in the past proven you have such skill.

Hell just froze over, I agree with John.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd say his username matches the shot pretty well....

Tanner

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
His dad posts on the 'Fire too, Coldboremistake.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Taking head shots on unwounded elk at 900yds is stupid.

Personally I think you went for the chest and missed. The elk was unlucky and had it's head in the way of the bullet.

I watched most of your other videos and nothing there showed a skill level necessary to reliably make first round hits on sub MOA targets at 900yds.

Feel free to hang some other evidence that would show you have in the past proven you have such skill.

Hell just froze over, I agree with John. [/quote]

Exactly. I just felt a tremor in the cosmos.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
There is a lot more non lethal space on an elk's head, than lethal. A lot of jaw and snout to disfigure if you miss.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Fotis,

No one I know would ever take a 900 yard head shot at a Big game animal.

Do you know anyone who can make three consecutive hits on a man sized target at a mile and a half?

Personally no, I do not

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, we are all assuming that he actually did mean to hit it in the head on purpose as claimed.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
What do I think? Think i'm unimpressed ,especially in your need for validation.
cheers.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By Ringman
Fotis,

Quote:

Do you know anyone who can make three consecutive hits on a man sized target at a mile and a half?

Personally no, I do not

I guess it can't be done then.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I am curious, which elk were you aiming, sorry couldn't resist asking . Just kidding.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Fotis
Fotis,

Personally no, I do not

did it once, but not 1.5 miles... something around 1900 yards. Pure fluke, was a group about 10 inches in size on a 55 gallon drum. First round was off for wind, favored next 3 as quick as I could. 50 bmg barrett bolt....no skill involved at all thats for sure. pure luck.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coldboremiracle
What do you guys think?

I think you were about 3.5 minutes off.

Or maybe a mil?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Stories like this remind me of gamblers who only tell you when they win. You must be very proud of yourself coldbore.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
CBM,

If you took 100 cold bore shots at a 5" round steel plate 900 yards away, what percentage of hits are you capable of?

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Originally Posted By Ringman
Fotis,

Quote:

Personally no, I do not

I guess it can't be done then.

Apples and oranges. The thing about an animal's head is, it's attached to the end of their neck, and it's the part of their body most likely to move. Unless they're asleep.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
nice shot, piss poor shot choice.

not gonna stroke your ego like you want. I've met plenty of guys like you, no reasoning with em. SMH.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by gonzaga
If it had been a coyote that's one thing....an elk is something totally different.....
If you got her, I'll bet it was a beatch getting her out....any hero photos of her on the ground?

I hear this all the time. I think this is total BS. Where do you draw the line with species? Are some afforded more mortal status than others? Nobody would have given him crap for shooting a chuck in the head yet here we are crucifying him for a cow elk shot in the head. What's good for the goose is good for the gander or something like that.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I agree the yotes life is like the elks, I 've no problem taking either at times, but its going to be the best effort I have, and the quickest kill I can, or I"m not going to shoot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by gonzaga
If it had been a coyote that's one thing....an elk is something totally different.....
If you got her, I'll bet it was a beatch getting her out....any hero photos of her on the ground?

I hear this all the time. I think this is total BS. Where do you draw the line with species? Are some afforded more mortal status than others? Nobody would have given him crap for shooting a chuck in the head yet here we are crucifying him for a cow elk shot in the head. What's good for the goose is good for the gander or something like that.

Pests and vermin are not attributed the same value or care that a big game animal, pet, livestock, or human being is for that matter.

I don't really care if my mouse trap catches a mouse by the head, chest, guts, or legs- so long as it catches him and he's dead when I find him.

Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1moredeer, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,112
Posts18,464,395
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.