Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
krupp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Leaning toward Lone Wolf barrels for a few of my Glocks. I have heard some good and bad things about them.
Thought about BarSto but they are twice the price.

Input please.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lone Wolf is about as good as they get for a Glock and on the average more accurate than the factory barrel. I don't think you will be disappointed with their barrels. I have never been so far. My Glock 23 with LW 357 Sig Barrel

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
ZEV is now offering their own barrels as well. Might be worth a thunk. I don't have one but have been very impressed/happy with their trigger pieces I put in my G19.

Me

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. LW provides a barrel similar to factory quality/accuracy with better case support in some chamberings.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by krupp
Leaning toward Lone Wolf barrels for a few of my Glocks. I have heard some good and bad things about them.
Thought about BarSto but they are twice the price.

Input please.

Between my two boys and I we have four Lone Wolf barrels for some of our Glocks;
Two G-27's with 9mm conversion barrels, a G-23 with a 9mm conversion barrel and a 9mm barrel for my Glock 19.

We got them to allow us to shoot cast bullets and or the cheaper 9mm ammo.

They work very well. The accuracy is not noticeably different.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I like my LW conversion barrel well enough but If I was looking for a true upgrade over stock I would go KKM.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by justin10mm
I like my LW conversion barrel well enough but If I was looking for a true upgrade over stock I would go KKM.

I have both a LW and a KKM barrel for the Glocks. I do notice a difference in better accuracy with the KKM barrel over the Glock and the LW. I had some functioning problems with the KKM barrel the first 100 rounds or so but after the barrel "seated, it function flawlessly and accuracy became apparent. The KKM barrel does have "tighter" chamber dimensions than the factory barrel, so if you're shooting reloads, make sure you're sizing correctly and test your rounds before loading large batches.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've got one of their 9mm conversion barrels for my Glock 22. It's worked without any glitches, and shoots better than I can.

The throat is shorter than the factory barrel in my Glock 17. I needed to seat bullets a little deeper for ammo compatibility between the two.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I had a LW 6" 10mm barrel in my G20, originally. It did not work well for me, was the leading cause of a "ka-boom" I had the first range session with the pistol. It does not offer good case support for 10mm - or at least mine did not. It was also so "tight" that brands like Buffalo Bore did not chamber well, Double Tap would not chamber at all. It would have been hard to determine accuracy, since it basically would not shoot properly. I replaced it with a Glock 6" barrel, and pretty much all my problems went away. I would likely not buy/own another LW barrel.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
Lone Wolf is about as good as they get for a Glock and on the average more accurate than the factory barrel. I don't think you will be disappointed with their barrels. I have never been so far. My Glock 23 with LW 357 Sig Barrel ]

^^^This^^^. They have worked very well for me.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
kkm here...case support is better on every one I have seen.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a conversion barrel, it works fine. I don't have a huge number of rounds thru it though. A friend shoots a KKM and as already stated, very accurate but a little tight.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went with a KKM G21 6 inch barrel; to shoot lead and to get better case support, was also more accurate than the Glock barrel. It was initially too tight too lock up, so I had it fitted... would rather have this than too sloppy.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by bea175
Lone Wolf is about as good as they get for a Glock

Haha, that's a good one.

The cheapest barrel on the market, and the one with the most claims of problems, but it's "as good as they get"?

OEM Glock barrels are actually really good quality; Lone Wolf doesn't even come close. KKM barrels are pretty good, but LW is one of those where you get what you pay for. You might get a good one - or you might not.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You have to pay extra to get them to leave the stupid wolf off...that's enough reason to pick something else.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The logo does look a bit goofy, and pointless.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I notice the logo on mine is different from that on bea175's.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I purchased a LW barrel for a G23 in 2009. It was actually smaller than the OEM barrel at certain locking points and it too some work on my part to get it to shoot as well as the OEM barrel.

http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2009/09/lone-wolf-distributors-barrel-for-glock.html

I was shooting a lot of lead in those days but have since switched to Xtreme plated bullets. I'd say if you just want a barrel to shoot lead and you aren't particularly concerned about accuracy, the LW will serve you fine.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And why can't you shoot hard cast lead in a factory Glock barrel?

Swifty
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
You can, with no problems, and good accuracy, if it's done right. Seems like most don't want to take the time to figure out bore diameter, and make sure their bullets are a bit larger than that.

With the increasing popularity of powder coating and other lead bullet coatings, replacement Glock barrels are showing less value than ever. They shoot like jacketed bullets in Glock OEM barrels - no mess, no fuss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.