Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hardly.

Gouging is gouging and should a gouger end up choking to death on their schit that'd be ok.

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Hardly.

Gouging is gouging and should a gouger end up choking to death on their schit that'd be ok.

Says the hater of all haters.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
It becomes hoarding when you have more than I do.

Good luck on that. laugh

Is 30lbs of Varget too much???

grin

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Good luck on that. laugh

grin

That's just a start to being a hobby

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone wants to fill a conex with ammo, IDGAF.. Makes more sense to me than buying beanie babies or silver coins.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Good luck on that. laugh

grin

I don't know. Is it?

If you ask the guys with no Varget they'll say yes. If you ask the guys with three kegs or more, they'll say no.

Also, the guys that bitch about having no Varget, won't pay $30.00 a pound. Even after they explain they can't find Varget.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To much is just right.
Running out really sucks.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fishdog52
To much is just right.

Too much of a good thing is still a good thing. laugh

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are hoarding if the ammo spoils before you use it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Hoarding and gouging are terms created by people that don't have what they need.

Haters always gonna hate.

Travis

Yep!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Hardly.

It ain't gouging unless you paid their price. I don't know, it has never happened to me. I purchase what I can afford, when I can, at the prices I am willing to pay.

Of course it helps if one has laid in a few boxes of stuff from Shooter's Pro Shop when they were flush with inventory. And for the stuff a guy runs out of and refuses to purchase at unreasonably infated prices???? I spent the money instead on tools to cast my own bullets.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KC

I would like to be a hoarder. I have several hundred rounds for each of the calibers that I use. I know that's not very much if one considers how fast ammo can be expended in a firefight. But I just can't afford to buy much more. I know if the SHTF I will think 'why didn't I buy more when I had the opportunity?' I guess it's because I have other things that are more important to me right now. It's all a matter of priorities I guess.

KC

IF it was a firefight I was worried about, I wouldn't.... if that happens there will be winners and loosers. Loosers ammo becomes winners ammo. If military is involved, there will always be plenty of ammo around...

Now with scalpers abounding, trying to find what you need can always be hard. Its why 20 years ago I saw it coming at times, you never knew what it was gonna be.

My rule of thumb back then was don't buy primers less than 5000 at a time.
Don't buy less powder than it will take you to burn a barrel out.
Same with bullets, and cases.
Don't buy less than a case of rimfire at time( and I broke that 2 times that I regret... Aguila super colibri... figured how much can a guy use.... and CCI Sub prefrag... have never found it in case lots yet....)

Keep all and any brass you can. I have brass for rounds I may never own but I pick it all up, beg it off non loaders and so on. Same for shotgun hulls. When I attend a 4H benefit shoot at times, I get all the cases I can... even the cheap ones... who knows... I think I have close to 10 feed sacks full of them...

I keep all the 22 cases I can too..... scrap brass and can be made into bullet jackets in a pinch.

Shotgun shells I buy the things they call cases these days even thought they are only half cases. Usually 2-3 cases of steel a year.
When shells went up, I was lucky that when dove loads were 3 bucks a box, I bought a few shopping carts of them... running really low, but if they ever dip again it will be the same.

And FWIW, its a lot less headache that way.
Every time you buy new lots of primers, cases, powder, bullets its easy for your load to change.... so I save that headache of buying it a pound at a time.

I don't buy powder anymore either, less than the mid range jugs of around 8 pounds each give or take.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
How many of you so called gun nuts have bought a 200 pound container of surplus powder?

That was a good start for us some years back... don't recall the price per pound but roughly 600-800 bucks IIRC for the keg.

Dang stuff just has not gone bad yet, even though made by Olin in 72... has been a good investment.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've been known to order in bulk.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I guess it depends on what a person's level of fear is, and how long they expect to live. My 2 primary reasons for having guns is defense and hunting, and I have adequate supplies for the most part. I'm not going to store up tons of ammo, just so it can go to some auction someday by my heirs. For self defense, I feel I've reached some level of common sense. If hordes of the unwashed mass hysterics or some World Order jackboots attack, I don't expect to survive, nor likely would I want to. If prices go up or supplies dwindle to scarcity, there are younger upcoming gun owners who will require ammo more than I need to. I have nothing against gun luneyism, but at my age, other things have become more important to me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've been known to order in bulk.

[Linked Image]

That's excellent... grin

*Master of random precision*
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Hardly.

Says the hater of all haters.

Travis

I'm a lover not a hater. I DGAF about "hoarders or hoarding" nor do I give 2 [bleep] about how much powder a guy bought before he ripped his sweatshirt off and ran straight into a fire for free. I was only commenting on gougers.

Shalom my friend.

MAGA
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
When you have to stack it along the outside Walls so the floors don't collapse.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
In response to the OP--the guy is going to have about 15k rounds on hand once he gets his shipment. He shoots 2k a year. That means he only has enough for 7 years of shooting at the very same pace he is going currently. That would hardly be considered hoarding given the current climate.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
FWIW we shot over 20K rounds of 223 a year... I was somewhat comfortable with our stocks of supplies, but you never knew...

And we typically ordered a year ahead of time of supplies, for the 20K... IE kept on hand AT least that much as a simple spare stash.

No different than keeping on hand 2-3 spare Krieger or Pac Nor blanks in the closet...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

615 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 007FJ, 1234, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,274
Posts18,448,369
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.