Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
West Edmonton Mall here in Alberta was also mentioned by them as a potential target.

It is bound to happen somewhere in North America, so many shopping stores with large crowds etc. it doesn't have to be a mall but for "shock value" it makes sense to target one.
Time ratchet up the personal vigilance when out shopping.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wait until it comes to schools.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Being a country boy I could tell that the risk for attacks where high when I went to my first and last Nascar race, the inaugural race at Las Vegas. How many years ago was that? Late 1990's?? I avoid everything crowds now.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Minnesota is the State that took in all those Somalians correct... Chickens coming home to roost and all...

Quite so, I am told that it was the Lutheran church that promoted that stupid idea. (I was born a Norwegian Lutheran from a Wisconsin/Dakotas family, but I escaped at an early age.) What idiots.

I am surprised that the terrorists have taken so long to figure this out as a target. Stephen Hunter, the gun guy who wrote all the great Bob Lee Swagger thrillers, even wrote one in 2011 about this exact kind of Somali terrorist attack on the Mall of America. It is called Soft Target.

I recommend it.

In fact, I recommend all his recent books, the ones starting form Point of Impact in 1993. (It took him a while to really shine.) He is meticulously accurate about guns and they figure highly in his novels.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I called this two years ago at the time of the Westgate killings.

Mall of America is the Twin Towers of American shopping malls.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!

Mall Of America is on their list now.......They will get it, hopefully when it happens the dumbasses will wake up.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If this should happen. I wouldn't be surprised if this administration and media would try to put the blame on "right wing extremists" or NRA members.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Being a country boy I could tell that the risk for attacks where high when I went to my first and last Nascar race, the inaugural race at Las Vegas. How many years ago was that? Late 1990's?? I avoid everything crowds now.

At least at a NASCAR event you can spot & stay at least 100ft from the spades.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by Fireball2

At least at a NASCAR event you can spot & stay at least 100ft from the spades.

heh..yea, they'd kinda stand out there. Anyone of them that tries to go to a NASCAR event will not have their bravery questioned.

Busch's girlfriend will take them out, if nothing else

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by troutfly
West Edmonton Mall here in Alberta was also mentioned by them as a potential target.

It is bound to happen somewhere in North America, so many shopping stores with large crowds etc. it doesn't have to be a mall but for "shock value" it makes sense to target one.
Time ratchet up the personal vigilance when out shopping.

West Ed would be an easier target than Mall of America because concealed handgun carry is moderately common in Minnesota, while nonexistent in Alberta. However, the Muslim terrorists are less likely to hit West Edmonton Mall because outside of Canadians and shopaholics, nobody knows it exists while Mall of America's a freakin' icon.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by goalie

But, on a serious note, it does suck to realize that you should probably carry something a little more high-capacity than the J-frame when out and about with the family. frown

No kidding. For Town Carry I started carrying a G19 with a laser and at least one G17 mags after the Colorado theater shooting. At this point I'm tempted to start carrying a breakdown AR in a shoulder bag, almost...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by goalie

But, on a serious note, it does suck to realize that you should probably carry something a little more high-capacity than the J-frame when out and about with the family. frown

No kidding.

Start arming the family.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well , Iv'e only been to the Mall of America once , but it looks to me that if ISIS hits it , they would mostly get other Somalis , along with a few asians.......the Lutherans would mostly escape..........

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by anachronism
They better not even try it.

All of the teeny-boppers in Minneapolis will be hunting their asses.

80% of the people in the MOA are Somali's.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Mall of America & The West Edmonton Mall are both owned by the Ghermezian brothers , Iranian Jews....

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Hopefully Gecko45 is on duty at Mall of America.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you're going to pick a mall, that mall is about the last one I'd pick.

Surprising number of LEO's patrolling that monstrosity.

I call BS on the MOA being a primary target.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Boys, I don't usually wear a tin foil hat, and this whole MOA may be true. BUT, does anyone find it interesting that this thing hit/gained traction, right before congress is supposed to vote on funding OR shutdown of the Dept. of Homeland Security. Suppose there is any chance this was dreamed up by the admin. to pressure the Republicans to fund the DHS, without having to give anything up? Hmmmmmm........ If the MOA story mysteriously disappears late next week, I may be on to something........

maddog

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think its like the Sony threat issue.

A disruption of the status quo based on a perceived threat.

It's a shame the threat is perceived possible, based on the ineptitude of the administration, and it only takes a small showing of force, or even a reminder of the kenyan mall attack, in order to start backing people off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by maddog
Boys, I don't usually wear a tin foil hat, and this whole MOA may be true. BUT, does anyone find it interesting that this thing hit/gained traction, right before congress is supposed to vote on funding OR shutdown of the Dept. of Homeland Security. Suppose there is any chance this was dreamed up by the admin. to pressure the Republicans to fund the DHS, without having to give anything up? Hmmmmmm........ If the MOA story mysteriously disappears late next week, I may be on to something........

maddog

Here ya go

Lindsey Graham warns GOP would be blamed for DHS shutdown

By Caitlin Emma

2/22/15 11:32 AM EST

Sen. Lindsey Graham said Sunday the U.S. is facing more terrorist threats than ever and defunding the Department of Homeland Security would be the worst possible thing to do.

Some Republicans aren’t supporting a bill to fund the agency unless it scuttles President Barack Obama’s executive actions on immigration. But the South Carolina senator said he hopes fellow Republicans will allow the immigration issue to play out in court after a federal judge in Texas issued an injunction last week blocking Obama’s immigration actions. Graham said he supports the judge’s decision.

If Republicans fail to fund DHS, he said, they’ll get blamed as a party.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...r-dhs-shutdown-115394.html#ixzz3SaD3Ltop

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by deflave
If you're going to pick a mall, that mall is about the last one I'd pick.

Surprising number of LEO's patrolling that monstrosity.

I call BS on the MOA being a primary target.

Travis

The southern MN bomb squad is office is located there. They're pretty dialed in. Bloomington, MN PD is there regular as well as the mall cops.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (6mmbrfan, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.