Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Poor dogs really did not want to go outside to go pottie.
Mara, my 14 year old Weimaraner is really having a hard time with this winter. She's getting feeble enough that I get my coat and boots on before letting them out. She got shocked by the extreme -32* cold the other morning, fell and couldn't get up. I had to go out and carry her back in the house. That got me yelled at for exceeding my post-surgery/complication weight limit. Ah, the fun. crazy
Come on Spring!

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
-25 here in Bitely Mi. I guess we have a heat wave here. Our Cat had the same reaction as your dogs this morning.
Looking forward to Africa in April!

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
My weiner dog is good but for his feet, -27 here not sure if it was colder,so looking for spring! Hope your still Healing mark!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I can't imagine; it's +35 here with some wind and I think that's pretty chilly!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear about Mara's condition. It sucks watching age creep up on our pals. Mine is 9 and mighty slow getting her hind end off the floor anymore.

Had a heat wave at my house this AM, only -11. Dropped to -27 when I hit the stretch between Pellston and Alanson, though.

I'm getting more than tired of this negative temps business.

Hope you didn't strain anything. Better kick back in the recliner with a laptop or some Cabela's type catalogs and take it easy the rest of the day. smile

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
-18F here now - no biggie; it's been tons worse other years..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You been getting much snow on your side of the pond, Lee?

We got pounded with snow in November and early Dec, but since then we have only collected a bit over a foot. I've only been able to play with my new to me tractor a couple times so far this winter.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
It really highlights the moderating effect the Great lakes has on near shore weather doesn't it? The cold strip running down the center of the state really showed during this frigid snap.
There's a spot east of Grayling where a buddy of mine lives that probably hit closer to -40* this morning.

There are lots of folks who live in areas that get colder, but these temps are no joke. Winters here have been darn near 5 1/2 months long the last few years.

As for kicking back and reading, I'll have to wait till the missus is off to work. Those sidelong looks when she's going to work and I'm staying home are fair warnings! smirk

BTW, healing is going great, but I still have a ways to go.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
7 here this morning, high of 35 today though and 40's tomorrow. I'm SO glad I moved from that kind of weather. you all have my condolences, especially Redneck.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yeah here in GR it was -11 this morning; you know you've really become acclimated to these temps when 15 (which is what we had yesterday) feels WARM!

I had to get out and shoot yesterday... wasn't in a tank top and bermudas or anything, but dayum sure felt refreshing compared to this insanity!

Good luck guys; hope we can all see one another soon.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
-14 below here at sun up. Tractor was plugged in and started, cattle waterers are working, carhartt's work...wood stove is cruising at 400-450 degrees...going to be 32 above tomorrow.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Got down to 57.5° here this morning. Might rain though.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
+45* when i landed in Anch yesterday afternoon, Mark.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
It really highlights the moderating effect the Great lakes has on near shore weather doesn't it? The cold strip running down the center of the state really showed during this frigid snap.
There's a spot east of Grayling where a buddy of mine lives that probably hit closer to -40* this morning.

There are lots of folks who live in areas that get colder, but these temps are no joke. Winters here have been darn near 5 1/2 months long the last few years.

As for kicking back and reading, I'll have to wait till the missus is off to work. Those sidelong looks when she's going to work and I'm staying home are fair warnings! smirk

+3 degrees here on Lake Michigan this morning. The coldest we've see so far has been -4 degrees. It's shocking to go inland 30 miles and get out of your car and find it's -35.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
And +2 here in Northern New Mexico this AM.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
-21 overnight.

But it's sunny, and is supposed to go over 20 above today. A 40 degree warmup feels exactly like a 40 degree warmup, no matter how cold it starts out.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ironbender
+45* when i landed in Anch yesterday afternoon, Mark.

Yeah, the weather you folks have had the last couple of years has been strange hasn't it?
IIRC Anchorage runs +20* average in winter?
Is the weather at casa Ironbender about the same? You're a few miles from Cook Inlet, so it would seem so.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good to see you're up and about Mark. Looks like Grayling might have been the coldest in the L.P. this morning. Only got down to -15° here. My Shorthair isn't crazy about the cold either, she takes a leak on the run... grin

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Pretty close. My brother is up there snowmobiling at our deer camp in Lovells. -39* That was recorded 75' from the North Branch. I'll bet it was even colder away from the river.

Only -7* here with -15* WC this am. Big Lake keeps us warm like MichiganScott, but it's close to being froze over. Wednesday is supposed to be colder.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
19 Degrees,..2 inches of Snow and Schools are closing....Networks are having Live snow coverage,...I tell ya, the World must be coming to an end..

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

590 members (10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 61 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,796
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.