Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Sherp, if you had dug a little deeper, you would have found that David Bisard was in fact put on trial and convicted in that fatal DUI case. Sentenced to prison.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...rd-awaits-sentencing-fate-today/3755871/

Well they gave it their best shot. I would say that second incident was kind of hard to cover for.

Like you, I think the verdict was a travesty and believe this is another thing police should receiver immunity for. After all, how many lives is he not saving by being incarcerated. It takes one to catch one. What are those other catchy phrases you and I used again?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

They through out the drunk charge as they should have. What part of that did any of us miss?

Like you, I think they should have overlooked the rest.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
lol

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Aught6

I agree on that one. If you got enough sense to park your ride and sleep it off you should not be screwed with. If you're driving hammered though, you made your bed so sleep in it. But don't forget that bit of discretion has been taken away from many officers in many places.

Like the seven time DWI looser that decided to sleep it off one real foggy night while parked across both lanes of the road. It was a dark car in heavy fog. Thank God the Torus my daughter was driving self destructed and protected her. The car was a total, the sob drunk was fine and my daughter lived.

Yep, he did the right thing, just park across both lanes, lay down, and take a nap. Nobody should have bothered him.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Sleeping it off" takes on a whole new meaning when you're asleep at a green light with your foot on the brake.

I'd have no problem with the death penalty for DWIs. They're not accidents and they're 100% preventable, for those that care to. And that's what aggravates me about them. DWIs aren't crimes of passion or need, they're crimes of apathy.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Disability would keep me from passing a field sobriety test. So, I figured if I could not pass one I should not be driving even though I have had to almost completely quit drinking and I don't do drugs. I quit driving for the sake of others on the road. I have no mercy for drunks who drive and endanger others.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
"Sleeping it off" takes on a whole new meaning when you're asleep at a green light with your foot on the brake.

I'd have no problem with the death penalty for DWIs. They're not accidents and they're 100% preventable, for those that care to. And that's what aggravates me about them. DWIs aren't crimes of passion or need, they're crimes of apathy.

Howdy again Fawkface,

Your arrogance and condescension are neverending and show many of us just exactly why it is that so many hate cops and will continue to disagree about their value and role in our society.

Lots of people are stalled at a green lights including those that are texting, cell-phoning, are on Prozac, and those that are eating a cheeseburger. Are you proposing the death penalty for those as well?

Contrary to what 99% of Americans believe due to the sheet presented on reality TV and in the press............there is no such thing as a legal limit in many areas. .03% can get you busted. If you blow over .08% it simply means that the cop does not have to demonstrate further proof. It doesn't mean that you can't be arrested. If you admit that you had a single glass of wine after work........and the overzealous cop successfully demonstrates that you were driving erratically and under the influence.......you can be convicted of a DWI. After all, it's only your word against the cop's at that point. Are you suggesting, BD, that cops who are always right such as those in this link can use their word against a citizen to get the citizen a trip to the gas chamber?

http://time.com/3667089/albuquerque-police-murder-charge-body-cameras/

Looks to me like YOU are the reason many folks hate cops. It's YOU.

Last edited by SBH; 02/22/15.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Can't open the link. Sorry BD......my word against yours. Lethal injection or firing squad?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BD,

Here's a couple more in the news today. Great credible LEO's.......ones whose opinions matter...........retired after successful LEO careers (the greatest credibility a cop can ever, ever attain!). Geez...........I'd hate to have my word against theirs in court. Rather go straight to death penalty by hanging from a rope.........

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/2...-daughters-found-dead/?intcmp=latestnews

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/23/us/georgia-sheriff-shot/index.html

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by ldholton
Some people seem to attract trouble too. I never "discounted" your experince, so sorry to hurt the one feeling you had left
You seem to be a rude dickweasel.
Well than meet me face to face and line me out , but thinking your just a chicken [bleep] that hides behind a keyboard.
Okay, I'll meet you in back of the jungle gym at 3:15 today. If I'm a couple of hours late, just keep waiting.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'd have no problem with the death penalty for DWIs.

I guess you mean DUI causing death.

I would like to see mandatory prison of more than one year actual for the second DUI (simple), more for subsequent convictions, and mandatory jail or prison for driving on any DUI suspension.

First DUI with injuries to another, mandatory jail or prison, depending on severity. Death is always some sort of homicide.

The toughest state in the US is too lenient, IMO.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I can't decide whether Bluedouche or GotCock12 is the biggest [bleep].

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I can't decide whether Bluedouche or GotCock12 is the biggest [bleep].

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whichever one double posts

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deflave
DUI checkpoints are proof positive that this country is totally [bleep].

They should be fought tooth and nail in every jurisdiction in this country.

Travis
Succinct, and spot on..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd have no problem with the death penalty for DWIs.

I guess you mean DUI causing death.

I would like to see mandatory prison of more than one year actual for the second DUI (simple), more for subsequent convictions, and mandatory jail or prison for driving on any DUI suspension.

First DUI with injuries to another, mandatory jail or prison, depending on severity. Death is always some sort of homicide.

The toughest state in the US is too lenient, IMO.

Yours is as good a solution as I've seen proposed since it focuses on THE REAL PROBLEM of DWI, which is automobile accidents that MIGHT not have occurred absent the alcohol involved.

A guy who blows over the number required to establish guilt in a particular state, who is caught at a checkpoint, may actually be at less risk for causing an accident than a stone cold sober old person who's eyesight and reflexes are shot.

First offense DUI's where no accident is involved are cash cows for certain lawyers in many places. Enough money can ensure that each time a person is charged for DUI, it's a first offense, and may be plead down to a lesser offense.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Oh yes let's hear this story".

Been a damn sight more than one where I'm concerned. I've related them on this forum before, and some in conversations around a real campfire with members here.

Your opinion is not important enough for me to do all that typing again.

And I reckon I'll see Gunner at Ed's gathering in a couple of months. If he's still interested, I'll tell him then.

I'll just say that some of you must have led a sheltered life if you've never come across a badge heavy cop.

But to discount other folk's experiences based on your lack of experiences is arrogance beyond belief.

Would be more than happy to hear your take over 4 fingers of Glenmorangie single malt and a good cigar. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I knew I'd met you somewhere.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, Gunner, if I don't take a drink, or die, in the next 17 days, it will make 30 years since my last drink, but I do enjoy a good cigar.

See you at Ed's.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

701 members (007FJ, 160user, 163dm, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 3,148 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,063
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.