Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
So, are a lot of dogs buying Subarus as a result of their commercials?

Also, are a lot of people looking for a vehicle that is designed to make sure that you get rear-ended by another vehicle?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bike 12 miles a day on 30 mph speed limit roads where I average 15 mph. So I get passed by a lot of cars.

The comedian stereotype of the green Subaru outback being driven by a lesbian may be true, I dunno.

But Subaru drivers in general are the least dangerous in their passing. Teslas are ok. Mercedes are ok. Lexus are ok. But BMWs and Prius are like the Porsche pricks of the 1970s. Porsche SUVs are still pricks.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You forgot to mentions Benzes. Drivers act like selfish idiots. I know, I've had two. grin

Actually, though I've never had one, a Subaru 4WD makes a lot of sense. Not outrageously expensive and functional. The only issue I could see would be access to service.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
There are an azzload of them in north Idaho and clearly they do very well.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I know that a lot of subaru owners are the coexist, obama sticker idiots. Around here its a mix of those types and normal people. My dad had a outback and he is a very conservative man. I had a brat when I was in my twenties and I'm a very conservative man also. If I were to buy a new vehicle that wasn't a truck it would be a subaru, probably a forester if they still make those.

As far as the drivers go everybody drives like idiots in morristown tn, no matter what they drive.

I watched a youtube video a couple of days ago of a all wheel drive shootout, subaru all wheel drive beat all the competition hands down. Even honda got spanked.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IDK if the Lebanese stereotype is true or not.

I have a buddy that bought a used (99) Subaru wagon as just a knock around car and he loves the thing. Says it seems bulletproof and does really well in bad conditions.

I know that the little turbo WRX sedans are badazz little cars. They seem to be really popular in rally type races and look like they would be hoot to drive.

*Master of random precision*
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I bike 12 miles a day on 30 mph speed limit roads where I average 15 mph. So I get passed by a lot of cars.

The comedian stereotype of the green Subaru outback being driven by a lesbian may be true, I dunno.

But Subaru drivers in general are the least dangerous in their passing. Teslas are ok. Mercedes are ok. Lexus are ok. But BMWs and Prius are like the Porsche pricks of the 1970s. Porsche SUVs are still pricks.

Pickups in Virginia take the first by long. And if the driver is in good mood he will gun the diesel engine for the benefit of the bicyclist.

I am convinced pickup drivers are compensating for something.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A month ago I test drove a used Subaru with 66K on the odometer and then I test drove another vehicle with 51K on the odometer. It cost a bit more, but I got the Lexus RX350.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Standard on all models Subaru...

[Linked Image]

- Rogue
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have had 2 of them an Impreza for commuting and an Outback both bought brand new and both properly maintaned. I have owned 5 Toyos ,1 Nissan and 5 Hondas. I had more problems with the 2 subarus then the other 11 cars cumulatively. No [bleep] way ever.

Outback now lives in Nebraska and every cv joint, front axles, alternator, water pump , wiper motor and transmission have been replacd and it has 150k . That mileage is nothing compared to what I have run up on some of the Toyos and Hondas.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have a 2008 Outback (For the record, I am a bit right of Attila the Hun) that I bought coming off a lease. It is used daily to do everything from estimates to loaded down with chainsaws to trips up north to go wood chucking in the summer . I would never give up my GMC pick ups but the car is dependable, economical and crazy good in the snow!…If I happen to offend a few "left minded people" with my NRA sticker etc. oh well.

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
The radio commercials make me want to puke.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most people that drive one want to make me puke.

Key word most, not all.

Liberal bitch-mobiles.
I would almost rather be seen driving a Chevy Avalanche, almost.

I'm sure they are great cars but way to [bleep]' gay. And yes, it is possible for a car to be gay.

Driving a Subaru ranks right up there with riding a peddle bike out on the highway. If the stupidity has to be explained well then you are literally a dumb son of a bitch!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't give a damn about their commercials or the sexual orientation of anyone else that buys Subarus. I am on my second Outback. I'm Conservative and love them. My 2000 Outback was rear ended turning into a gun club's road. My car was catapulted thru a 6X6 sign post and into a bunch of cedars. The other car had to be put on a flat bed and removed. I was able to back my Subaru thru and over the cedars back to the road. I had it checked out by the local Subaru dealer despite the body damage (that resulted in it being totaled) it was safe to drive the 250 miles home. They were pulling branches out from the under carriage, checked it over and said it wasn't even out of alignment. In everyone's book, that's a tough car! It had about 110K when it was totaled. I went right out and bought another one (2007) and have 119K on that one. While hunting on State Land, after a snowstorm, on an unplowed road with a couple buddies in my Subaru,we drove around a Ford Explorer that was stuck. My buddies could not believe it.

We own or have owned Toyotas, Hondas, Kia and a Mercury, my Subarus are as reliable as any of them. The only thing I've had to replace are a couple of wheel bearings. My mechanic who has an independent auto repair shop, loves Subarus.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Ah, Sam, how do you really feel?

No need to hold back.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rjf611
The radio commercials make me want to puke.

I never owned one, but given their history, I would consider one. Having said that, their radio commercials are gut wrenching.
One commercial in particular, the guy talks about a 3 mile treacherous ride to work. 3 MILES! Some folks on here have driveways longer than that. Makes me ill.

- Rogue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I drove a 2006 Outback as a work issued car for a couple years. The AWD system is flawless and the little thing stuck to the road like glue, even in the winter. That's about all the good I can say about it.

I don't care for the boxer engine. It seems rougher than an inline and IMO, was a little weak. The automatic transmission was seriously frustrating. When accelerating from a stop in a normal fashion, it would start out in 2nd gear and was totally gutless. I would have to tromp on the gas pedal to get it to downshift, which took about 2-3 seconds. By this time, that window in the flow of traffic you thought you were able to leisurely pull out into has nearly closed. The only alternative was to drive it like you stole it when in traffic. Not a great thing for your employment status when driving a marked company vehicle.

Lots of folks love them, though and far be it from me to try to change their minds.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They aren't too many liberal greenies around here, but there are people that want a safer go-in-the-snow vehicle; hence, Subarus are seen regularly. I've never heard anyone complain about them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ah, Sam, how do you really feel?

No need to hold back.

Subaru is OBVIOUSLY marketing to the very people that I just can't stand.
And I'm not talking lesbians(they don't bother me), I'm talking about the goody two shoes wannabee environmentalist types. Enviro-posers, [bleep] 'em and their gay-ass Subaru.

And I'll eat crow if somebody finds a source that says Subaru doesn't contribute to the 'enviro wannabee causes'.

I don't dislike the car, just the ideology that seems to go with it.

Last edited by SamOlson; 02/24/15.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The new Forester is tough to beat 29 mpg go anywhere AWD and seems to be holding up to our bumpy rural road nicely, the old one was a tank.

On stereotype watch my wife had just had a haircut and drove up to her job interview in the old Forester when she was hired by an outfit with an all lesbian management team. I still tease her about it after several years. Nice folks but I think they were surprised when they met me.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

359 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 31 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.