-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Coming back from Seattle overnight I was booking up the Hot Springs valley, checking out the ranchers feeding cows before church, and the kitty kats bouncing mice. Saw about six of them from the highway, which I thought was kind of thick.
So a few miles on before Long Branch curve, there's a bigger furry thing, I get closer it's a guilty-trotting coyote, about 25 yards from the highway with both ears point back at the road.
Grrrrr....
No rifle. But I'm wondering....could I have?
The spot I saw the dog has swales and small hills, the wind was right, and I figured on dumping the clutch and coasting up the hill and around the curve, then backtracking up a handy draw on foot with the squeaker. Good chance, or just keep driving, sonny?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
good chance. I've done it many times, driven by just out of sight, parked, and going out and calling in the spotted from the road target. Matter of fact, earlier this season I spotted one right along the road and I drove on by, turned around and drove back by to get on the downwind side, then parked and walked back and called said coyote in.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Coming back from Seattle overnight I was booking up the Hot Springs valley, checking out the ranchers feeding cows before church, and the kitty kats bouncing mice. Saw about six of them from the highway, which I thought was kind of thick.
So a few miles on before Long Branch curve, there's a bigger furry thing, I get closer it's a guilty-trotting coyote, about 25 yards from the highway with both ears point back at the road.
Grrrrr....
No rifle. But I'm wondering....could I have?
The spot I saw the dog has swales and small hills, the wind was right, and I figured on dumping the clutch and coasting up the hill and around the curve, then backtracking up a handy draw on foot with the squeaker. Good chance, or just keep driving, sonny?

You can definitely call in a dog after you spot them. Just cruise by until they don't see you and dump the truck.

IME if you stop, slow down, pull over, etc. when you're still in their line of sight, the jig is up and they'll haul ass.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Next trip I'll pack the iron and the calls. It really was tempting. Fluffy.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,297
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.