Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Looking to trade a brand new in box Rugeramerican predator in the hard to find in stock 6.5 Creedmoor for 260, 6mm, 22-250, or 223. Prefer remington 700 Or model seven predators, possibly Brownings or maybe a savage swap barrel set up
Really wanting a model 700 adl synthetic in 260

Last edited by jdbfish; 02/23/15.

There is only one dumb question; " why didn't I ask about that?"

My idea of a trophy deer or hog mount is chicken fried, on my plate, ready to eat!
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
OK, post pics please. thanks,

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Won't be able to post pics till I pick it up later this week

My idea of a trophy deer or hog mount is chicken fried, on my plate, ready to eat!
J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Back to the top, pm me with what u have and thanks for looking

J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Got a call from gun shop,gun arrived today! If I can make it by there tomorrow I'll have some pics up tomorrow night. If not, it will be this weekend. Get it while it hot!!!

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You've a PM, fish.

Brandon Gleason
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a NIB Savage 11 FYXP3 in 223 that I'd trade straight up. This is a blind magazine youth gun package and there is a Stevens 200 adult LOP stock that goes with it.

J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
260rem, Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass. Not really looking for a blind magazine model.

J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
I think I got everyone's messages returned, if I issed someone please let me know. Thanks for the inquiries...

J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Not having much luck finding what I want trade wise so I'm just gonna try to cash this one out
Looking to sell a brand new in box Ruger American predator in the hard to find in stock 6.5 Creedmoor. I have exactly $533.76 in the gun. Want my money back plus shipping to your FFL........

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You paid $533.76 for a RAR Predator?

J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Yes 260 re guy I did. Lots of them out there advertised for less (399.95 and up) but good luck finding someone who actually has it in stock at that price. Either way it was my money and my choice.......

Lucked out and traded this one locally for a nice little model seven predator in 22-250. Thanks for all the intrest!

Last edited by jdbfish; 02/26/15. Reason: Reply to 260remguy,

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was surprised at the premium price paid for a current production firearm, given that the small dealer wholesale cost for the RAR Predators is $330+/-. I recently paid retail for two RAR Predators, $360 for the 6.5 Creed and $380 for the 204 Ruger.

If you got your $$ out of the RAR in your trade, you did well, congratulations.

J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
I got it back I think. Wish I could get a RAR for $360, if you can pls tell me how. Thanks

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cabela's had RAR Predators and Ranch Rifles on sale for $380 from 02/05 thru 02/11. They offer a military discount that brought the price before sales tax down to $360 for the 6.5 Creed.

Oneclickshooting on GB for $379 before sales tax for the 204 Ruger.

I'm going to buy a RAR Predator in 223 from Oneclickshooting, known locally as Arms & Ammo, for $379 before sales tax when my quarterly earnings deposit shows up in my account around the middle of next week. Then I'll have rifle in hand when Shortactionsmoker get his magazine modification kits out to market and can, in the mean time, shoot some of my inventory of Fiocchi and Hornady 55 grain softpoints.

The 6.5 Creed is a nice cartridge and a nice match for the RAR Predator.

J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Thanks for the info, don't have military discount unfortunately but can you actually find an RAR in 6.5 in stock? Why is that caliber so hard to find?????

J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Please send links to the rifles you found at those prices on GB, in particular the 6.5 creedmor. I just looked and so did a buddy of mine and there is only one listed with a starting bid of 399 and a buy it now price of 425 plus 25 shipping and a 3% up charge for using debit or credit card. You will them have to pay your local ffl at least 20. This would bring your lowest possible out the door price at 470. Please share your leads on the cheap RAR in 6.5.......

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=470568665

J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Heres a link to all of the rugers one click shooting has.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Bolt-Action-Rifles/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=398499&mfg=1000240

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
oneclickshooting is more of an internet dealer than a friendly local gun shop, but they are about 25 miles from my front door and occasionally have interesting used guns. Since these guys are a volume dealer, you might ask them to ping you when they have RAR Predators in 6.5 Creed in stock for $380+/-. Ask for Jeff, as he is a good guy and easy to work with.

Cabela's is about 6 miles from my front door. Cabela's only had 3 6.5 Creeds when their sale started and (I think) I bought the first one they sold. They didn't have any in 204, 223, or 243 to start the sale, but subsequently received and sold some more, but I don't know what the distribution of chamberings were. Cabela's will ship firearms between stores, but they charge $25 to do those inter-store transfers, which to me seems like an unnecessary additional fee. But Cabela's is like the proverbial 800 lbs. gorilla in the room, they do whatever they want and you either accept their policy or your move on.

J
jdbfish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Agreed on the cabelas deal. I tried getting one thru them. They would not transfer anything unless they had at least 3 in stock. They did tell me which stores had the 6.5 in stock but would not give me the quantity and said I would have to call each store individually to verify stock and see if they would ship one to my nearest store which unfortunately is 150 miles away. I spent hours on the phone calling all over the U.S. and only found 1 store with 2 in stock and 3 with only 1 in stock. None would transfer. Their price was $329.99 on sale I think plus sales tax plus the $25 shipping (if you could get a store to ship) which would put you in the gun around $490-$500 bucks. I ended up finding one for $469 and with fees, tax, shipping it put me all in at $534, not much more than the cabelas route. You can find them on gunbroker for 399 starting bid and 425 buy it now price wich will put you in one for $475 ballpark wich is the cheapest I've seen. Better be fast though, they don't last long. Must be the hottest thing going because they are bringing a premium and are very very hard to find.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 52 invisible), 1,987 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,186
Posts18,465,749
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.