24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the atv hitch tie downs that connect your truck hitch to your ATV hitch. Like these: http://www.laguarddog.com/content.asp?CatId=222

Had a tie down point give way on my Silverado last elk season, and now I need to figure out an alternative.

Are these worth a hoot, or do I need to go a different direction?

GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never used one of those but I put some tie downs in the bed stake pocket holes and they work great.

[Linked Image]

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks AK - I'm not sure those would work with my ATV though. I have a 2012 King Quad, and the way the thing is built, my tie down points (on the ATV) are very limited. The plastics extend well beyond the edge of the racks, and really get in the way. So much so, that in order to tie down from the ATV rack, I think I'd have to connect to the truck above bed level. In the past I was tying from the foot pegs to factory hooks inside the bed of my truck... it worked well until the weld broke on one of them. I may just end up buying a trailer, which isn't the end of the world, but they're also more money than I want to spend.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
They work great. My Daughter has one for her pickup to secure her quad and tow another quad on a trailer which has the trailer dog securing it. I have a trailer dog to secure my Rhino on its trailer. No more fussing with ropes and straps etc. Can't go wrong getting one.

Last edited by coyote268; 02/24/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use those stake pocket tie downs and attach the straps to my front and rear racks, works great.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ELKiller
Thanks AK - I'm not sure those would work with my ATV though. I have a 2012 King Quad, and the way the thing is built, my tie down points (on the ATV) are very limited. The plastics extend well beyond the edge of the racks, and really get in the way. So much so, that in order to tie down from the ATV rack, I think I'd have to connect to the truck above bed level. In the past I was tying from the foot pegs to factory hooks inside the bed of my truck... it worked well until the weld broke on one of them. I may just end up buying a trailer, which isn't the end of the world, but they're also more money than I want to spend.
This thing attaches to the hitch ball on the ATV so you don't need other tie downs other than to keep the front from jiggling sideways on rough roads. Supposedly they work great on short beds where you have to park the ATV on the lowered tailgate. One of these plus a couple stake hole tie downs for front ropes should hold it for anything other than a rollover.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had one for many years and wouldn't want to go back to straps. It's quick, easy, & rock solid.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the input guys - Someday I'll just suck it up & buy a trailer, but for now I think I'll give one of these a whirl.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
454 members (160user, 1Longbow, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,016 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.