Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Valued Brownells Customer,

We want you to be aware of an issue that may severely impact the availability and legality of economical and commonly-used .223/5.56 ammunition.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has recently suggested it intends to revoke the "sporting purposes" exemption for M855 ammunition, which would likely make it unlawful to possess. Of course, M855 is widely used in AR-15 rifles for recreational and competitive shooting activities.

Brownells, the NRA and other pro-Second Amendment organizations are concerned about this action as the AR-15 is the most popular rifle in the U.S., and this threatens to diminish the availability of popular ammunition. To learn about the BATFE POSITION CLICK HERE

The BATFE will take public comments on this action until March 13, 2015. We encourage you to contact the BATFE and tell them about your usage of this popular ammunition. You may leave comments at the following email address: APACommentsatf.gov.

*Please note, the BATFE will automatically disregard any comments containing abusive or vulgar language, so state your opinion plainly and clearly.

Additionally, we invite you to contact your Federal legislators. Find your legislator by CLICKING HERE .

Thank you for helping to keep our Second Amendment strong!

Sincerely,

Frank & Pete Brownell

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
anything they can do to reduce your ability to enjoy your sport at a reasonable price.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Of all the forums I thought this one might be interested....got more response in the freakshow...sad that

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
what worries me is that M193 would probably do the same thing out of an AR pistol, when will they ban that?

Holder can send guns to Mexico and actually get a man killed with no consequences, while in the next breath banning some ammunition on the possibility that someone might use it incorrectly.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
eh76, it probably is a little slow on this subject for our members as the news on the possible ban has just happened, I am also worried about my Remington 700 in .308 as I can imagine that will be the next cartridge being targeted for a ban.

I used to have an AR-15 and hand loaded for it too, I remembered that the rifle was harder on the brass over a bolt action. This will also impact hand loading for the .223/5.56 as well.

The AR-15 rifle is very common at my gun range. Now we will probably see the hoarding, scalping and shortage that has plagued the .22 RF scene.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76
Of all the forums I thought this one might be interested....got more response in the freakshow...sad that

Wed, I called my Representative, and today I called my two Senators. House guy is concerned, Rubio and Nelson could give a chit. That is probably why fewer and fewer folks bother with calling these azzholes. Looks like everything in DC is agreed on in advance, and there appears to be no, zip, zero, nada willingness to challenge barack hussein on anything.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just trying to destroy Reagan's legacy by neutering his bullet ban.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=37785

Statement on Signing the Bill To Regulate Armor-Piercing Ammunition
August 28, 1986

It is a pleasure to be able to sign into law H.R. 3132 to ban the production or importation of the so-called cop-killer bullets, which pose an unreasonable threat to law enforcement officers who use soft body armor. This bill, similar to legislation jointly submitted to the Congress by the Departments of Justice and the Treasury in 1984, recognizes that certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

During the 61/2 years that I have served as President, I have sought to strengthen law enforcement in this nation and to do everything possible to protect the lives and safety of the dedicated men and women who constitute our first line of defense against the forces of lawlessness. I am pleased, therefore, to sign H.R. 3132 to ban armor-piercing ammunition as this legislation has long had the strong endorsement of our outstanding law enforcement organizations, including the International Association of Chiefs of Police, National Sheriffs Association, Fraternal Order of Police, International Brotherhood of Police Officers, Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, National Association of Police Organizations, National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, National Black Police Association, National Troopers Coalition, International Union of Police Associations, Police Executive Research Forum, Police Foundation, Police Management Associations, and the Major City Chiefs.

In signing this bill, I want to urge those States and localities that have not acquired body armor for their law enforcement officers to obtain such lifesaving equipment for their officers. The use of soft body armor is credited with saving the lives of more than 600 officers since it was first introduced in the 1970's. An even more important message is the one I have for law enforcement officers: If you have access to soft body armor, please use it. Your lives and safety are too important to risk needlessly. The fabric used in modern soft body armor is truly a miracle fiber, but it is useless if left in the dressing room locker or the trunk of a squad car.

In signing H.R. 3132, I am giving our law enforcement officers my pledge to do everything possible to eliminate the hazard posed by armor-piercing ammunition. Those officers who in the past may have used the threat of armor-piercing bullets as a justification for failing to wear soft body armor should no longer have that excuse. We are doing our best at the Federal level to enhance the safety of police officers but must have the cooperation of the officers themselves to secure the full benefits of this important legislative action.

Note: H.R. $132, approved August 28, was assigned Public Law No. 99-408.
Citation: Ronald Reagan: "Statement on Signing the Bill To Regulate Armor-Piercing Ammunition ," August 28, 1986. Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=37785.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hit it for the whole family...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I posted mine, for little good it is likely to do. This arbitrary ruling is the equivalent of banning sex, on the grounds that a rape could occur.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 61 invisible), 2,950 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,810
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.