Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by seal_billy
The #3 combo (new your steamer) is great. Its about par with quiznos and jimmy johns before jimmy johns got all cheap like subway and stopped putting enuff meat on their sandwiches. A stale peice of light bread run through the crack of a azz is better than subway.

Like I said, it's the bean counters from "corporate".

Can you picture an MBA in a suit and wearing glasses, telling the owner of an iconic sandwich joint in a place like NY, Philly, or NO, "according to our formulas, blah, blah, blah, you should be putting exactly 3.207 ounces of meat on the sub..."

The problem with the bean counters' approach is that it ignores the all important human element, that is difficult if not impossible to quantify, but is vital to customer relations.

Speaking of New Orleans, try explaining "lagniappe" to an accountant. For those disinclined to look it up, it is a delightful French word meaning "a little bit extra, a deal sweetener, like baker's dozen". A customary part of business in that part of the country.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Better check those Subnoway sandwiches for Flys......I watched the girl at a local Subnoway build a sandwich for me and I could see a dead fly laying on the meat!!!! pretty sure she saw it too!!!!!!I told her to stick it up her ass.....

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes that sort of thing has probably put many a buisness down. There's this little doughnut shop in newport tn. that always gives you a different type of doughnut for free when you buy a dozen. That way you don't have to buy something to try it, that you may not like. Good buisness. Corporate types don't understand anything buy dollar signs.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
For a long term Subway fanatic, when Firehouse came to town, I haven't been to Subway since. I eat Firehouse once a week. No more Subway,ever.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Corporate types don't understand anything but (short term) dollar signs.

This.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by biglmbass
They are worlds better than Subway, IMO. I don't go often but can say the Italian sub, fully involved, is good stuff.

This

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I like Penn Station subs better than just about anyone else's, and the hand-cut fries are pretty good, too. Quizno's beats Subway, but I haven't tried the others. We do have a Firehouse Subs nearby, I just haven't been there yet.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Lenny's.

Something about watching someone slice your meat fresh for your sammich.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ate a couple up in Reading PA a couple of weeks ago. Pastrami was my favorite. But I like Subway pastrami as well. I liked the Firehouse bread better than Subway.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My favorite is Jersey Mike's!

Our Quizno's failed and folded up, we recently got Jimmy John's and what I've had so far didn't impress.

A Boar's Head from Publix is pretty good too!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The best place to get a sub is Panera.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've never even heard of a place called Firehouse Subs.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
The best place to get a sub is Panera.

I love Panera Bread but did not know they made traditional subs.

My fav at PB is the "pick 2!"

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I've never even heard of a place called Firehouse Subs.

Whaaatttt?? The last few weeks, their TV commercials have been almost as frequent as the Geico ones........

Either they're in the expanding mode or their business is suffering.

Last edited by SBH; 02/24/15.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Firehouse Subs is a US-based, fast casual restaurant chain that specializes in hot subs. Founded in 1994 in Jacksonville, Florida by former firefighter brothers Robin and Chris Sorensen,[1] Firehouse Subs serves sandwiches with meats and cheeses, "steamed" hot and placed on a toasted sub roll. Locations offer a family-oriented atmosphere, with a firefighter theme that includes fire equipment throughout the store and a menu that features sandwiches with themed names. They offer hot sauces in a range of intensities. Pictures mounted on the walls highlight local firefighting history, as well as the founders' history of firefighting service.[2]

Firehouse Subs was named "Company of the Year" by KPMG in 2006,[3] and is the "National Chain" winner of the National Restaurant Association’s Restaurant Neighbor Award for community service.[4]

The Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization, was created in 2005. It provides funding and support for local firefighters.[5]

Plans for expansion in 2006 were focused on the Northeast, Central, and Southwest regions of the US, with plans for another 100 restaurants to be developed.[6]

On August 3, 2011 a company press release stated that they were placing the Coca-Cola Freestyle beverage dispenser in all their stores after a six-month test at the 25 restaurants in the Jacksonville market. Firehouse is the first national franchise chain to utilize the new technology in all franchises.[7]

As of December 2013, there are over 700 restaurant locations in 36 states and Puerto Rico.[8][9]

OUR FUTURE
WE LIKE TO CALL OUR GROWTH A "CONTROLLED BURN"

Passing 850 locations, our expansion is carefully calculated. Our plans show Firehouse Subs reaching 2,000 locations by 2020. Rest assured there’s a Firehouse coming your way. As they say in the fire station, let’s eat!

Chris Sorensen & Robin Sorensen
Founders of Firehouse Subs

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never heard of them either.
Subway country around this area with their corporate headquarters not far from here.
Subway started around here and their original shops are still open. Original store was called Pete's Subs and I used to go there when I was a kid.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Biggest problem I have with Subway is there isn't a single server ON THIS PLANET that knows how to properly apply the mustard.

Nobody.......and I mean nobody......wants their mustard squirted into a narrow, heavy strip up the middle of the sub only. There's a reason mustard only comes in squirt bottles these days. That's so a person can zig and zag with the stream and get equal and uniform and full coverage out to the edges of the sammich.........so that every last little bit of it has some mustard in it. It's all under our control!

Too heavy in the middle with none on the outer edges is just incompetent mustard applying knowledge. I've had MANY lunch hours ruined by this malpractice.

Next Subway server that does this to my 6-hour awaited sammich...........I'm screaming for the manager.........and recommending hand digit removal. laugh

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Better check those Subnoway sandwiches for Flys......I watched the girl at a local Subnoway build a sandwich for me and I could see a dead fly laying on the meat!!!! pretty sure she saw it too!!!!!!I told her to stick it up her ass.....

Man ain't that the truth. Last time, which WAS the last time I went to a Subway the sub maker smacked a fly with a swatter and brushed it aside. Then she just kept on subbing. I looked at her, shook my head and quietly said WTF? Turned and walked out the door for the final time.

I think it was a Pilot Truck Stop.

Never again! Not even gas.

Go Nats!!!!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If you want a hot sandwich at a fast food place, Firehouse is pretty good. I have had three of their offerings. If you want a cold sandwich there are other places. I happen to like Jimmy Johns just fine but we have a few local places that are better so I go there when in town. Subway is OK for some stuff but overrated. If you are trying to compare Firehouse to your favorite old time steak sandwich joint in Manhattan or Philly, don't, but for a chain, they are pretty good.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I like them better than all the other sub shops.
They are kinda pricy but good. The Brisket is my favorite.

JD338

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 62 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.