Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Akbob5
C
Originally Posted by 4ager
It's still just amazing to me that far left Vermont has much better gun laws than TX, and always has.

VT is an interesting place. They might be liberal, but they sure are anti-government. Odd, but reminds me of one of those four-quadrent charts.

Yeah, it is odd. My opinion doesn't mean squat, I'd like to carry for protection but it's just not worth the drama or political skin. I always carry in the truck but not on the person to avoid these jurisdictional complications. I feel like the anti's are winning with guys like me that just want life to be a little less complicated.

You're right; they are winning with guys like you. No offense, but you've given over your rights because it might mean that you have to put forth an effort or that (heaven forbid) you might conceivably make someone uncomfortable at some point in time.

This comes as no intended insult to you; just a statement of fact.

Life, and liberty, are complicated.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i carry regardless of the law.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Not really interested in what Austin has to say. Or Dallas. Or Houston.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
DeMoss was the family out of Virgina, they married into the hunter's here.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You're right; they are winning with guys like you. No offense, but you've given over your rights because it might mean that you have to put forth an effort or that (heaven forbid) you might conceivably make someone uncomfortable at some point in time.

Well, that's your opinion, for what it's worth.

I find myself wanting to resist the tyranny but not really clear on how getting arrested over a technicality of legal carry helps anyone, including me or my family. If I thought it could help the cause, then maybe?? I believe this is how they win. Keep us concerned with our daily obligations, family, keeping our record clean, etc, and pretty soon we just cave in, one tiny piece at a time, without even agreeing to it.

It's not like we all decided to be milquetoast one day and let the world roll over us.

If there was a clear way to resist, that didn't end up with me losing all my rights or sitting in jail, don't you think I'd be there? The deck is stacked against us, especially when you factor in the need to take care of a family. If I was a single man I can see things playing out differently. If I'm making some false assumptions, I'd be open to hearing. Thanks Sean.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Well, that's your opinion, for what it's worth.

I find myself wanting to resist the tyranny but not really clear on how getting arrested over a technicality of legal carry helps anyone, including me or my family. If I thought it could help the cause, then maybe?? I believe this is how they win. Keep us concerned with our daily obligations, family, keeping our record clean, etc, and pretty soon we just cave in, one tiny piece at a time, without even agreeing to it.

It's not like we all decided to be milquetoast one day and let the world roll over us.

If there was a clear way to resist, that didn't end up with me losing all my rights or sitting in jail, don't you think I'd be there? The deck is stacked against us, especially when you factor in the need to take care of a family. If I was a single man I can see things playing out differently. If I'm making some false assumptions, I'd be open to hearing. Thanks Sean.

CCW is not impossible in OR, is it? If it isn't, why don't you at least give yourself that option?

Of course the deck is stacked against you; it's stacked against all of us. The question is whether or not we even bother to play a hand.

I've a family, too, and have done my level best to be able to care for them and take care of them. My wife does likewise.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A man picks and chooses his battles. blush Does not mean when the chips are down that I won't end up on the right side, just that not every day is the day for the big battles.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/24/15.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
Unrestricted, unlicensed open carry worries me, but licensed open carry does, also. Just don't see the need.
Why should we have to have a license to exercise a right that The Constituion says we have...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
Concealed carry I fully support, licensed, of course.

Again, why do we need a license to exercise a right The Constitution says we have...? The criminals out there who are carrying a firearm on their person sure aren't "licensed".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i carry regardless of the law.

Damn straight.

Which other rights that The Constitution acknowledges that we have require us to get a damn license to exercise that right...!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PVT

And I'm not really interested in what the law has to say about it. Period. I'm carryin', and I don't give a rats ass about the law on this issue.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to see a copy of the actual poll and the numbers for each answer. A summing of percentages may not actually mirror the overall feelings of the population. An old book titled "How to lie with statistics" furnishes some great examples

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
I'd like to see a copy of the actual poll and the numbers for each answer. A summing of percentages may not actually mirror the overall feelings of the population. An old book titled "How to lie with statistics" furnishes some great examples
75% of those polled say that the book is inaccurate. 90% of them say there is no way to lie with statistics.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Some folks need to learn what "Shall not be infringed" means.

CORRECT! IT'S A FAR BROADER RIGHT THAN "NON-DENIAL". IT IMPLIES ALSO THAT GOVT CAN'T THROW UP ROADBLOCKS OF ANY SORT.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari

CORRECT! IT'S A FAR BROADER RIGHT THAN "NON-DENIAL". IT IMPLIES ALSO THAT GOVT CAN'T THROW UP ROADBLOCKS OF ANY SORT.
It's amazing that we have any rights left at all with all the anti-gunners on this ostensibly "gun site" alone. Unreal how many folks want to restrict their own natural rights.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every time a Poll is brought up it is always to take something away from the people. A Poll can be twisted to say anything. Just depends on how you read the data.

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by PVT

And I'm not really interested on what the law has to say about it. Period. I'm carryin', and I don't give a rats ass about the law on this issue.

Amen!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by luv2safari

It does not IMPLY that government cannot throw up roadblocks - it states it very clearly.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
I like Vermont's way the best. Carry openly or concealed, without a permit.

I like that.

Michigan requires a license to carry concealed, but open carry is legal in most places. Also, in a strange twist of laws, a CPL holder cannot carry concealed in a public school, but CAN open carry at those same schools with that same CPL.

IIRC, the states of Wyoming, Arizona, and Alaska have adopted Vermont's way of doing things.

arizona still has a CCW license which is handy when buying stuff at gun stores. Other than that and interstate travel, no. You can carry openly, or concealed without any restrictions except in bars school yards etc.
This was changed to this a few years ago and i don't see really a lot of open carry in the city, doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. For sure, there hasn't been a blood bath.
we have always had open carry, i was packing a pistol when i was 11 years old, no big deal.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 02/25/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You are losing your state, Texans. I suggest you fight , rather than dismiss.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

417 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 44 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,325
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.