Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
[Linked Image]

Hobie 14' Pro Angler. The "motor" is that pedal drive you see. Truly walking on water.
Rocky-really like the Shark's mouth on the bow, and understand the meaning, sir.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have a decent picture, but mine's a Lund 14W Deep V measurig 14 ft. I've had it for over 20 years, abused it in every way imaginable, and it every rivet is still watertight. The boat has outlasted two engines. The 25 horse Johnson it came with cooked a cyllinder and piston about 5 years after I got it. I put on a 10 horse Evinrude and used that for a few years before it met the same fate. Now I have an old 18 horse Evinrude on it that has run like a champ since I bought it. We've been from one end of Minnesota to the other with it, even beached the boat in Canada once on a trip up the Kabetogoma-Rainey Lake chain. We've caught just about every fresh water fish that calls Minnesota home out of this boat. I've got an old Motorguide 45 lbs. trolling motor, and a couple depth finders in it. I'm getting tired of clambering over the bench seats, so it may be time to get something just a bit bigger, but it will be tough to see this classic old red Lund Minnesota walleye boat go down the road.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Driving through the length of Minnesota, if a fellow had a dime for every Lund boat behind a Chevy pickup, it would be a leg up on paying for the trip.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I first moved up here from Ohio, I kind of got the impression that if I bought anything but a red Lund there'd be h3ll to pay. They are very good boats-built like a tank and made to last. Mine's 35 years old now and still looks darned good. Aluminum is so easy to take care of too.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It might seem a fellow needs one for every purpose.

One for sailing (Freya 39), one for fishing (North American Offshore S-22).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1995 Alumacraft V-14
1989 Suzuki DT15c two stroke
40 lb. Minn Kota transom mount

I paid $1,200 for the used boat, gas motor, two deep-cycle batteries and trailer. Despite all of the jokes about boats being nothing but a money pit, I think it might be some of the best money I ever spent when I consider the good times we have had with it:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Being prepared is a good idea. This boat comes with a spare boat on top and a 4 wheeler on deck. We used this a lot in Alaska. The second picture is the spare, it really moves...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wow love the inflatable. How long is that thing, like 8 or 10 foot?

How in the hell did you get that 4 wheeeler in there?

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a 1980 Lowe 14/42 with a 1968 Johnson 9.9hp. That Johnson is the best starting gas engine I've ever seen, one of my better purchases for $250.

I have a small minnkota trolling motor, stern mounted, and a small fish finder and harrass the crappie and panfish in local lakes, and on Truman lake if my father inlaw and his boat aren't around.

I had a 1995 Aries with a 90hp evenrude for a few years and fished a lot out of it, but it seemed like I caught more fish with the smaller boat. I mostly jig around standing timber with 12-13' dippin' poles or ultra light set ups, or trottline for flathead. Anyway the Aries was entirely the wrong boat for how I generally fish.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a 1996 Champion bass boat with a 115 hp Merc. I bought the boat three years ago from a guy in north Arkansas which is where the Champion factory used to be located. The boat was in great condition. I use the boat for crappie and bass fishing in Missouri.

I used to have a Stratos bass boat with 115 hp Envinrude that I bought new in 1985. I sold it in the mid-1990's because I quit fishing and the boat took up too much room in the garage. I got the itch to crappie and bass fish a few years ago and started looking for a clean used bass boat. Glad that I found the Champion.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know this is a freshwater forum, but my primary boat that I built is mostly used in the salt.

[Linked Image]

It's a 23' tolman widebody powered by a 140 horse suzuki.

The inflatable we carry on top is dual purpose and we use it a fair bit in local lakes

[Linked Image]

Got my wife a little kayak that we use in both salt and fresh water.

[Linked Image]

Don't have a photo but we picked up an Old Town canoe a few years back when Sportsman's warehouse had a great sale due to some scratches.

And under the category of other boats I'm building a Merten's D4 (almost done)

[Linked Image]

(someone that finished theirs)

And a geodesic airolite snowshoe 18 canoe (still haven't started on it, well other than ripping the stock for the stringers and ordering the kevlar and dacron)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 458 Lott; 02/25/15.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

...and of course, the boat I use the most for drifting the rivers in Montana...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[img:center][Linked Image]
Hewescraft2 by Brant Lindquist,

My 16 ft Hewescraft. We use it on the lakes and in the salt

Last edited by lazydrifter; 02/26/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[img:center][Linked Image]
Drift Boat by Brant Lindquist, on Flickr[/img]

Here is my driftboat we use on the rivers out here on the Olympic Peninsula

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is my Xpress XP180 multipurpose boat:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What a monster!

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I picked up a 1752 Alweld a couple of years ago. Have a 50/35 TLDI jet on it so I can use it in the Kenai when I want to. Added the Beavertail floatation pods and a removable grab bar. With the pods and tunnel I can run it in 3" of water or so when on step. Been a fun little boat.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nothing like I used to have. Now days its a 16.5' Alumacraft with a 75hp Suzuki. Lowrance electronics, MinnKota TM...pretty normal MN fishing rig.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
When I first moved up here from Ohio, I kind of got the impression that if I bought anything but a red Lund there'd be h3ll to pay. They are very good boats-built like a tank and made to last. Mine's 35 years old now and still looks darned good. Aluminum is so easy to take care of too.

You're supposed to take care of them? Please explain!

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My main boat since 2004 has been an Xpress it is an 18 foot 10 inch all welded with a 125 Mercury. Runs about 50 mph. It has handled a lot of lakes in Ohio including Lake Erie and does very well on the Ohio River. Plenty of room and rides as well as a lot of glass boats. I tend to fish real shallow at times and aluminum is the best hull for me. I have had other tin boats that rode like a log truck and were a very wet ride. The Xpress is everything I hoped for when the 180 Lowe split the last time. I was tired of replacing rivets and welding the hull. I fished the last tournament with the Lowe with duct tape over an eight inch split in the hull and said it was time for a replacement. I do believe the xpress is the last boat I will buy.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
772 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 79 invisible), 3,060 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,715
Posts18,400,368
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.