Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RJM
I have no reason to have a .327. It is a great small game and varmint round but there isn't anything in the way of small game left to hunt with a handgun here in NH... I've had at least 6 .32 H&R Magnum Ruger Single-Sixs in every barrel length and even two Bisleys..and have sold them all....but the velocities possible with the .327 just interest me...

So then Ruger brings out the Single-Seven and good friend Idaho Shooter jumps on board... We discuss cast boolit designs and I really liked the looks of the little 120 grain Accurate 31-120S with its .24 meplat...but I don't need a .32....

But I look at the articles anyway... Now I know I don't want a 4 5/8" barrel...just too short...I've sold all but one of my short single actions..so then there is the 5.5"...nice but I have had 5.5" Single-Sixs before and didn't like the balance... So there is the 7.5"....just too long...a 6-6.5" would be just right...so I am safe...neither Ruger nor Freedom Arms has a 6-6.5" barrel as standard...so I can stop looking...

...then there was deflave... After he shot my Freedom Arms 97 in .41 he really wanted an identical gun in .44 Special. So I registered over on the GunsAmerica Wish List for everything Freedom Arms 97. Well I found him his gun but neglected to cancel the wish list listing so every couple of weeks a new 97 would pop up... And Monday what pops up...a 97 in .327 Federal...custom ordered with...a 6.5" barrel and 3# action job. Making matters worse is it is listed at $440 under current retail. So three of my unused guns went down the road for one I will shoot...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Turns out the dealer who listed this gun had ordered it a year before for himself but when it came in he decided he had too many guns and didn't need to keep this one.

So at least this one I can blame on my friends Dave and Travis as they have blamed me for their weaknesses...... cry

Bob

Ooooh, My. That is one of my dream guns. Hard to find. Longer barrel. Non-fluted cylinders. Ouststanding. Man, that's just plain awesome.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
There was a LNIB 7.5" barrel that sat on GunBroker at $1750 last year for about three weeks. It finally sold and I kinda kicked myself for not buying it even though I didn't really want that long a barrel. When this one came up It took me about 15 minutes to decide....

Thanks....Boob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Went to local gun show today. Here is what I saw that tweaked interest. Brief synopsis.

Bought:
2 Lee brandy new die sets.
.45 ACP $33 + tax (6%)
.45 Colt $34 + tax (6%)

Saw (that I would have an interest):
Dealer 1: Several Model 12 Winchester shotguns. As soon as I picked any one up, I knew the guy in the booth was taking care of them. Several nice pieces. He wasn't going to give them away, but would deal. (I always go last day, last 3 hours of show).
We talked and long story short, he was buying abused guns and turning them into gold for him. Good guy.
Dealer 2: Loaded with beautiful, hard to find S&W revolvers. What a douche! Had several guns I would have been interested in. Had $2K in my pocket, but he never turned around to look me in the eye.
Dealer 3:
Dies. Good guy.
Dealer 4:
Reloading equipment. Plus inexpensive know how.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RJM
I have no reason to have a .327. It is a great small game and varmint round but there isn't anything in the way of small game left to hunt with a handgun here in NH... I've had at least 6 .32 H&R Magnum Ruger Single-Sixs in every barrel length and even two Bisleys..and have sold them all....but the velocities possible with the .327 just interest me...

So then Ruger brings out the Single-Seven and good friend Idaho Shooter jumps on board... We discuss cast boolit designs and I really liked the looks of the little 120 grain Accurate 31-120S with its .24 meplat...but I don't need a .32....

But I look at the articles anyway... Now I know I don't want a 4 5/8" barrel...just too short...I've sold all but one of my short single actions..so then there is the 5.5"...nice but I have had 5.5" Single-Sixs before and didn't like the balance... So there is the 7.5"....just too long...a 6-6.5" would be just right...so I am safe...neither Ruger nor Freedom Arms has a 6-6.5" barrel as standard...so I can stop looking...

...then there was deflave... After he shot my Freedom Arms 97 in .41 he really wanted an identical gun in .44 Special. So I registered over on the GunsAmerica Wish List for everything Freedom Arms 97. Well I found him his gun but neglected to cancel the wish list listing so every couple of weeks a new 97 would pop up... And Monday what pops up...a 97 in .327 Federal...custom ordered with...a 6.5" barrel and 3# action job. Making matters worse is it is listed at $440 under current retail. So three of my unused guns went down the road for one I will shoot...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Turns out the dealer who listed this gun had ordered it a year before for himself but when it came in he decided he had too many guns and didn't need to keep this one.

So at least this one I can blame on my friends Dave and Travis as they have blamed me for their weaknesses...... cry

Bob
Ain't they purdy??

Got one myself -

[Linked Image]

I had always wanted one of these with the shorter barrel - and dang, it's fun to shoot this thing.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Loaded some Lyman gaschcked SWC boolits that my friend had with 10.0 grains of AA #9 which should be in the 1200s. It was 18* today but we went shooting anyway...

[Linked Image]

My friend's .327 shortie...

[Linked Image]

Friend shooting my 6.5"...notice he is a "thumbs forward shooter"...

[Linked Image]

He put on his gloves to shoot with his gun and blew the end of the thumb off the glove....

[Linked Image]

Range has not been maintained at all...we really needed snowshoes...

[Linked Image]

My target...the bottom of a gallon juice jug..it was 25 yards out and was hit with 31 of 32 rounds fired at it...

[Linked Image]

Very pleased with the gun...it doesn't bark near as load as my friend's 4.25" 97 does...

Now I am thinking of sending in a S&W Model 53 .22 Jet that has a .22 rimfire cylinder to be rebored and rechambered...any suggestions as to who does a nice job at this..

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,599
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.