Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Well! Little of ever thing but the original question goes unanswered. GW

I think 'slave knows some folks that work at the CCI plant. I'm sure once he gets drunk enough he'll chime in.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I really don't think the gov is hoarding .22

but their actions sure as fugg have helped to create the situation

and their informal gun control thru ammunition availability and perception of availability to the shooting public is sure as fugg working

then with their all inclusive head count across the board and 5 yr ammo buy up for the fed several years back
that didn't help the situation either

tell ammo manufacturers they can fill huge fed gov orders

and deliver to centralized storage and distro areas in huge lots for the fed and cut out a lot of logistic cost for them distro wise
kinda like bulk one shot deliveries multiple times to the same customer

well then that might answer a lot of things

you devote your raw materials to big gov contracts instead and use easy repetitive logistics cost wise and contract wise for that contract
versus the private sector multiple contract distro system for hundreds of different shippers and retailers across the country

the short term impact of completing a contract like that
devoting raw materials and resources to it get it
compounds the daily sustainment rate of other ammo production being able to keep up and then add in the hoarding shooting and scalping going on daily during that production run for the gov contract
and then have a shortage that perpetuate itself for a long period of time

hence
gun control thru ammo shortage
and it has worked for Obama and the libtards......

the informal gun control thru ammunition was well thought out and planned by cool and the gang in dc.......
they knew what they was doing and what it would cause for sure
would have real interesting to have been a fly on the wall in some discussions concerning all of this when it was being contemplated right after the sandy hook shootings

Last edited by renegade50; 02/26/15.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by deflave

I think 'slave knows some folks that work at the CCI plant. I'm sure once he gets drunk enough he'll chime in.

Travis

he needs to hook a brother up with some small game bullet with that connection whistle grin crazy laugh laugh laugh

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I really don't think the gov is hoarding .22
You don't believe they are doing it for .22's, the most common rifle and handgun caliber in America, but then go on to discuss how they did it for centerfire ammo.

OK. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I work part time at at a sporting goods store. I can tell you that shipping fees are extremely high and that many older folks are buying lots of 22lr. I can also tell you that there is an algorithm that kicks in to the stacking software of many sporting goods stores. When employees buy most of the 22lr the float or profit margin is lower at that store so they receive less resupply that stores that make a higher profit. Some stores are getting less 22 or than others.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Not related to the OP's question, but I'm gonna tell you guys something that will blow your fuggin' mind.

When you sell something at 50% off, all the time? You won't keep that item in stock. Ever.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
ya
center fire stuff
pistol and rifle
the fed bought in huge numbers for 5 yr order
ammo manufacters diverted raw materials for that stuff to complete contracts
and fugg civ production rates and stuff for awhile

you need to think a little more deep
than the fed hoarding billions of 22 rounds and what the bigger picture is and the intent at the time and how it was played out

look at the bigger picture of how it all snowballed together and how it would affect ammo long term

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I work part time at at a sporting goods store. I can tell you that shipping fees are extremely high and that many older folks are buying lots of 22lr. I can also tell you that there is an algorithm that kicks in to the stacking software of many sporting goods stores. When employees buy most of the 22lr the float or profit margin is lower at that store so they receive less resupply that stores that make a higher profit. Some stores are getting less 22 or than others.

this part of the problem
scalping employees
we all have heard about it
1st or 2nd hand

the old guys
hoarders/scalpers

they get tired of eating cat food and are supplementing their income with .22 reselling

spagehettios with meatballs tonight man!!!!!!
I sold 5 bulk pack of fed auto match at the flea market today for 30 bucks apiece!!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whew...I was wondering who was hoarding all the .280 brass.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
ya cant have none can ya?????
if they was extruding brass to make 5.56, 7.62, 9mm,40,45, 50 cal
and what ever else unca suga ordered back then
instead of civilian caliber ammo

you might wanta switch to .270 instead of .280
plenty of that gay cartridge seemed to be around the shelves all the time during the past few years

just saying
hahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 02/26/15.
IC B3

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Just curious, to those who think the government is behind this, what reason do you suppose they would have to do this? Would they just store it in a big warehouse somewhere? To what end? I love me a good conspiracy, probably believe more than I should too but this one doesn't make sense to me.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Just curious, to those who think the government is behind this, what reason do you suppose they would have to do this? Would they just store it in a big warehouse somewhere? To what end? I love me a good conspiracy, probably believe more than I should too but this one doesn't make sense to me.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I answered the original question. Yes is the correct answer to the question you asked.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was at Bass pro today in Colorado Springs and they had a bunch of sleeves of CCI, and about 100 Bricks(300) of CCI (Gator boy) and CCI(AR Tactical.

The guy said they had gotten the largest shipment in two years, even some boxes of bulk 1,600. (Dang!)

Hopefully that means it is getting better.

(Yes, I bought a brick).

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by xxclaro

The government is definitely behind it, even if that just means scaring idiots to the point that they'll buy ammo from dickheads.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That's what I believe.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
1-Mule Deer opined 2015 is when it will get back to normal
So far he is right
2-My source says labor at CCI has been an issue
They were wearing out folks
3-the old days had a year supply in the warehouses
Once it was gone it took years to build it back up

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
280 members (1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 29aholic, 39 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,627
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.