Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Antlers I have a direct question for you since you are such a proponent of bikes on the road. How come when available bike riders don't ride on the side walk?

BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ok, my previous link was of a Subaru in a Southern snowstorm. This is why we use them up in the North where we get some real snow. A Subaru with 2 feet of snow going up a driveway.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
You keep on reckoning.....or reconing. Hang a pic of you driving your school bus while you're at it!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
BE- it's actually against the law in most places for whatever reason.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bangeye
Antlers I have a direct question for you since you are such a proponent of bikes on the road. How come when available bike riders don't ride on the side walk?

Not Antlers, but you might want to check your local ordinances. Lots of places say you can't ride a bicycle on a sidewalk. Doesn't stop some of those avowed enemies of America from doing it, of course.

Another reason is that children and old people keep getting in the way. I say [bleep] 'em. No real American respects government overreach.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Coop. I honestly would be a bit embarrassed to get towed by a Subaru, even in my own Subaru!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Sounds like TV's still suckin'.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500

laugh

I don't know what's more fun, Subaru threads or bad taxidermy threads!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Because they don't have the athleticism to jump curbs and they were born with a dick in their mouth.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MadMooner
You keep on reckoning.....or reconing. Hang a pic of you driving your school bus while you're at it!
You have that directed at 5sdad , but think you were directing at me . so why do you think I drive a school bus ? Think you still pissed from all the years of riding on the short bus wink

Last edited by ldholton; 02/26/15.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

People who put lots of miles on a road bike aren't tootlin' around the neighborhood like a lot of us did when we rode bicycles as a kid. We have specialized bikes that are made specifically for riding on the road, not sidewalks. The smoother the pavement, the better. We go long distances, even up to and over 100 miles during the course of one ride. And we often go as fast as our conditioning and the environment (hills, wind, heat or cold, pavement condition, traffic, etc.) will allow us to. Averaging 20 mph or more, and going well above that sometimes. Riding on the sidewalk is not conducive to any of that. And again, good road bikes aren't made for sidewalks, they're made for the road. I can see how it would be hard to understand for folks who aren't cyclists...especially endurance cyclists...but for those folks here who do ride, and especially those who like to go long on the road, they can verify my answer to your question.

One poster mentioned earlier about a State law where he lived that required cars to give bicyclists on the road 3 feet of room when they pass em'. If they're not able to, then they just gotta wait till they can. Oklahoma has a similar law. Cyclists should get over to the right as much as they safely can, but unless it's illegal for them to ride on a particular stretch of road...they have as much right to be on it with their bicycles as you do with your car or truck.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

laugh

I don't know what's more fun, Subaru threads or bad taxidermy threads!

No sheet, I TV the weather then kill that blasted sombitch.

Trump Won!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antlers

People who put lots of miles on a road bike aren't tootlin' around the neighborhood like a lot of us did when we rode bicycles as a kid. We have specialized bikes that are made specifically for riding on the road, not sidewalks. The smoother the pavement, the better. We go long distances, even up to and over 100 miles during the course of one ride. And we often go as fast as our conditioning and the environment (hills, wind, heat or cold, pavement condition, traffic, etc.) will allow us to. Averaging 20 mph or more, and going well above that sometimes. Riding on the sidewalk is not conducive to any of that. And again, good road bikes aren't made for sidewalks, they're made for the road. I can see how it would be hard to understand for folks who aren't cyclists...especially endurance cyclists...but for those folks here who do ride, and especially those who like to go long on the road, they can verify my answer to your question.

One poster mentioned earlier about a State law where he lived that required cars to give bicyclists on the road 3 feet of room when they pass em'. If they're not able to, then they just gotta wait till they can. Oklahoma has a similar law. Cyclists should get over to the right as much as they safely can, but unless it's illegal for them to ride on a particular stretch of road...they have as much right to be on it with their bicycles as you do with your car or truck.

Holy elitist!

Too fuggin' funny...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The Prius drivers out in CA are the new Volvo drivers. They drive like my Grandma (and she is dead).

I like Subaru's even if the birders have adopted them. A Forster is now my hunting car.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Holy elitist!

Hardly.

Wanting cyclists to not be able to use the road is 'elitist'...as opposed to 'sharing the road', which is what cyclists want.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had my old short bed truck stuck ON the road above the Pack Saddle bridge. Some jerk in an old Subaru stopped beside me and ask if I was broke down. When I told him "no, stuck" the a----le laughed and drove off. Soon bought new tires. smile

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Oh yeah, id, I'm all worked up!

You Missurah boys got anything besides a short bus?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I had my old short bed truck stuck ON the road above the Pack Saddle bridge. Some jerk in an old Subaru stopped beside me and ask if I was broke down. When I told him "no, stuck" the a----le laughed and drove off. Soon bought new tires. smile

Hah! You'd think he'd relish the photo op!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
In some areas no , the smart kids drive big green tractors to school

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
You have that directed at 5sdad , but think you were directing at me . so why do you think I drive a school bus ? Think you still pissed from all the years of riding on the short bus wink

And WTF is that? You winking at me?

Fuggin' homo!

Just cause I'm gorgeous and drive a Subaru.....

Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
709 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,690 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.