You wouldn't cave it with the butt.
No offense but that's just gay as hell.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
….. when it warms up it will make you look like Wilt Chamberlain when he sees Halle Berry. Then it's time for the SIG 938….

….then you look like Herve Villechaize wearing Speedo when he sees Halle Berry…. :-)
……………...(or maybe Travis when he's canoeing)……..

Last edited by gmoats; 02/26/15.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not much of a trade off with a G-23?

Shoots, conceals, capacity, point and shoot. About perfect!

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

[/quote] Another thing is concealability is seasonal. [/quote]

Unless you are carrying a Desert Eagle, or wear nothing but speedos your statement is false.

You can conceal a g 19 sized gun in a t shirt and jeans
The same as a t shirt and cargo shorts

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Of course, there's no easy answer on this because variations in body type/build, preferred carry methods and hot vs. cool climate, make it harder for some to conceal effectively than others. The best solution will always have to be tailored to individual needs.

In my case, I've generally sacrificed capacity for concealability, going for smaller guns like the Kahrs and the Springfield XDs, to name two favorites.

However, I just turned in a review of a new gun that will very likely earn a prominent spot in my carry rotation: the new XD Mod 2 in .45. While it's barely larger than an XDs (standard mag capacity of 5), it gives you 9+1 rounds of .45 in the standard mag and 13 rounds as a backup in the extended mag. Height, overall length and slide width are quite close to the highly concealable XDs. The biggest difference is in the grip width, to accommodate a double stack mag, but it's still slim enough to remain highly concealable. The more I shoot and carry this pistol, the more it has grown on me. 9+1 rounds of .45 in a reliable sub-compact that's surprisingly soft-shooting. What's not to like? OK, the absence of night sights... which is something I'll remedy if I buy this one -- or rather, when I buy this one. Oh, and if you're wondering about holster fit, it works in all holsters designed for earlier XD sub-compacts.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I'm betting you could cave some azzhole's skull in with a glock, and then just need to wash it off before shooting it.

You wouldn't cave it with the butt.

I tried pistol whipping a coyote to death with my Blackhawk this season.

Takes too long.

Travis

You know, you wouldn't have that problem if you loaded it with matching ammo.

Just sayin'...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
I think anything reliable in the Glock 19 sized platform is a good compromise for autos.

I think the L and K frames are about perfect in a revolver. As long as the barrel is 3" ish.

If all I'm wearing is swim trunks I think J-frames and LCR's are the only options. I don't like pocket autos.

Travis

what is kind of funny to me now in the age of polymer pistols and the like, is in the old days i packed around a model 19smith all the time, summer or not, and didn't have an issue with it.
today it's a baby glock in model 33, currently in .357sig. With aftermarket barrels in .357sig, .40s&w, and 9mm. With a spare hi cap mag. I kind of think glocks are ugly and have no class. Except mine have always worked_reliability, shoot well enough for me_accuracy, and a lot of firepower in a relative small package. I still think they are ugly tho.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 02/28/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been packing a pistol of one sort or another since the mid 70's. After all that, my 'compromise guns' are a Glock 30 with a mild grip reduction and a LCP.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Two friends jumped on the (blowback action) Ruger LCP 380 bandwagon a few years ago
for defensive carry - and soon after complained about the unpleasant recoil.

I don't have a permit to carry, but I mostly relied on a CZ 40P pistol as a defensive handgun
sometimes found in in a jacket pocket holster or under my belt.

I do want to get a CCW permit and I have recently purchased a Sig 290-RS sub-compact pistol in 9MM.
I guess my defensive handgun trade-off is from 40 Caliber to 9MM for a smaller caliber and size
and the additional comfort in carrying and shooting.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain

reliability is #1, Accuracy is #2, Power is #3.

Very well said, Dan. I agree completely.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 50 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,549
Posts18,453,561
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.