Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
While out here in NC with my Mom, sandcritter and I connected and we, along with another fine fellow, Charles, made a trip to the bustling metropolis of Wagram, NC to visit a gunshop, "Mid South Guns".

Sandcritter had told me that it was a place where a person could spend a lot of money, but that didn't come close to the truth, or the depths of torture that he was leading me into.

We stepped into the biggest collection of fine shotguns I have ever seen. LC Smiths, Parkers, A-5s, AYAs, Francotti's, Ithacas (37's and SxS's), Berettas, Winchesters, Westley Richards, and others I have never run across before.

Not to mention more pre-64 Winchesters, engraved S&W revolvers, Browning BAR's, NIB Colt Revolvers of all types, 1911's (not 1911-A1's!), and Sako's that I've ever seen in one place. Add in the modern pistols, the custom rifles, new Winchester & Browning rifles, surplus military rifles, 18th and 19th Century shotguns and rifles, and old percussion pistols than I've ever seen in one place outside of Wanamacher's Gun Show in Tulsa.

I've been in search of a SxS shotgun that fits me for some time now and have an SKB 20ga that does quite well.
Then, I saw this;

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Parker Bros Model PH, 20 ga, 26" barrels, choked I/C and Mod, looking like it was just pulled out of the box from the factory. Fits me like a glove.

Then, I saw the price tag and knew how EVIL sandcritter really was... $7,000.00.

He just grinned at my misery. To assuage any guilt he may have had over my predicament, he went and bought a really nice Ithaca Flues with engraving in 16ga, further torturing me.

I tell you, if any of you folks run across sandcritter, keep running as he is a terrible influence!

He went to the trouble to drive down, pick me up, take me to that gun shop, then to lunch, and then took me back to my Mom's, all the time being friendly and open. It was all a ruse!

All kidding aside, I had a great time meeting another of the Campfire's finest. I invited him and his other half to our place for the East Texas Gathering in April and I really hope they can make it.

He can even bring that Ithaca... laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A room such as that would be pure torture but in a good way.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
That Parker is pure art.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinGuess you'll just haveta suffer PEASANT!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinGuess you'll just haveta suffer PEASANT!! grin

I am, Jim, I am... frown

The pain was instantaneous and lingering...almost as bad as Shiloh Fever. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinI have a A.H. Fox Sterlingworth Philadelphia double 12 if that helps you suffer some more grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Shotgun lust: it's a terrible thing.

wink

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dawggone
A room such as that would be pure torture but in a good way.

You have no idea. We spent about four hours in the shop and I still didn't look at all that was in there. I never got to look through the A-5's and didn't even glance at the modern shotguns or modern pistols.

Someday, I will go back and look further.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinI have a A.H. Fox Sterlingworth Philadelphia double 12 if that helps you suffer some more grin

There were quite a few of those, too. You're still the most evil, Jim! grin

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Shotgun lust: it's a terrible thing. wink

Sounds like a man who knows. laugh

Ed

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ha, and a pox on you for drawing us in and showing those pics. frown wink

Last edited by eyeball; 02/28/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by eyeball
Ha, and a pox on you for drawing us in and showing those pics. frown wink

Sorry to disappoint you, shotgun lust beats the pox hands down for sheer destruction. eek frown

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of us do owns fine Parkers especially in DH 16ga attire. grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

I hereby pass on to you the pox that eyeball would have given me. laugh

Ed

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

What you mean "us" Kimosabi?

So this is the 'feel bad' thread of the day, i guess.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

I hereby pass on to you the pox that eyeball would have given me. laugh

Ed

I would post a pic but salt in an open wound is well...just plain dasturdly. grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Doc Rocket has a nice SxS and he keeps promising he will let me pull the trigger on it some day-on a fired hull.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Sounds like Doc is just like sandcritter... frown

Ed

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ha, for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ain't saying nuthin...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 3,096 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,746
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.