Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Brand new to the forum and about to be brand new to North Dakota as a permanent resident. My wife and I are moving there from Pennsylvania this coming Monday morning. I got a lot to learn about hunting, fishing and trapping regulations. But the topic of this post is where can I find, if they even exist an indoor or outdoor pistol range, that will let you rent different handguns by the hour, half hour, day etc. for testing/trying out purposes so you can decide which one or multiples you want to buy.

Furthermore, if there's any that let you tryout shotguns and rifles as well. I know I'm stretching it there, but I do have a pistol range about a half hour drive away that's like the one I described above. We will be living in the Williston area and I'm cool with a couple hour ride any direction from there if need be.

In addition to that, my wife and I are also interested in joining any shooting clubs/ranges within an hours ride or so from Williston area.

I'm 41 years old and was raised in a serious hunting and shooting family as well as my wife, although she was always into the fishing more and just recently has taken up a huge interest in shooting pistols, revolvers and rimfire rifles. She'd love to join an ACTIVE shooting league/club as would I.

I'd appreciate any leads available please and thank you

Last edited by MolonLabe41; 02/28/15. Reason: fat fingers with phone

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
GB1

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Welcome to the Fire... There are lots of members here from ND...hopefully one or more will chime in..

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Hello Bob and thanks.

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Welcome to the Fire.

I used to live there until moving to Texas. I don't know of, or have ever heard of any ranges that rent firearms. Any range that I went to was a public range that was shot to pieces.

If you're moving to the bismarck area, there might be some gun clubs.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
ThanKS man, I'm going to be working in Williston and living in Watford city. I took my wife to the range today. She likes the Springfield xd sub compact. I've been a glock guy for the last decade and half owning four of them. But I've recently taken a liking to s&w m&p and the Shield. I was hoping she swan that way as well but she likes the feel of the Springfield better and shot it sweetly. She does want to shoot the Beretta nano as well, she held it but our range rental expired she didn't get a chance y o shoot that one

Last edited by MolonLabe41; 02/28/15.

Tight chains.

A=A

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Im hoping for some ranges out that way swing that way. It's a super lucrative business and an excellent way to introduce young and old new shooters to our way of life.

Tight chains.

A=A

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Welcome!! You shoot an M&P and you'll never look at the Glocks the same way. HAHA. The only Glock I wish I had back was my 20. Good Luck finding a range.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Swifty
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thanks fellas.

Tight chains.

A=A

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its too bad your not in Western WA as there are atleast 6 indoor ranges within an hour of me that rent guns.

I always assumed it was common.

IC B3

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
The Minot Rifle & Pistol Club in Minot which is about 120 miles east of Williston on Hwy. 2 has a very nice indoor range as well as outdoor ranges. I don't think they rent handguns but I would bet other members would be more than willing to let you shoot their guns. I don't know the price of a membership, but I'm sure you can find their contact info online. Paul

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thanks fellas. We just got to Dickinson, ND today. My wife wanted to come here to visit. Tomorrow we're heading to Williston after a quick stop in Watford city. I'll be keeping eyes open for clubs/ranges/shops along my travels.

Tight chains.

A=A

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

309 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 39 invisible), 2,150 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,144
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.