Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some jurisdictions say what brand you can use. If you don't have that then new Colt or S&W.
But, why is the used Colt 6920 being sold? That would be my first choice of the three but used can mean a lot of things-- from "I shot a mag through it and it works" to "Yeah, it's been good for 19,000 rounds".

Retired cat herder.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
that one in the green helmet looks a bit out of shape.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp
that one in the green helmet looks a bit out of shape.

"Round" is a shape... smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I would be like "you go first" whistle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by borden811

The rifle isn't going to see thousands of rounds, maybe 300-500 a year, might be used for light hunting, and will be used for duty carry.

What kind of department requires an ossifer to supply his own AR type duty weapon???????????

MM

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of them say that if you want to carry one, you've gotta buy it yourself.

I'd prefer it that way.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by borden811

The rifle isn't going to see thousands of rounds, maybe 300-500 a year, might be used for light hunting, and will be used for duty carry.

What kind of department requires an ossifer to supply his own AR type duty weapon???????????

MM

A good portion of them in this area.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Lots of them say that if you want to carry one, you've gotta buy it yourself.

I'd prefer it that way.

What about liability?

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As long as what you buy is within their policy, they shoulder the liability. You're just doing what they told you to. As long as I do what they tell me to, with what they tell me I can use, it's on them.

Generally speaking anyway. Of course you're gonna get sued at some point, but you can't stop that without switching careers to librarian-ing or something.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As long as what you buy is within their policy, they shoulder the liability. You're just doing what they told you to. As long as I do what they tell me to, with what they tell me I can use, it's on them.

Generally speaking anyway. Of course you're gonna get sued at some point, but you can't stop that without switching careers to librarian-ing or something.

Yep, just obeying orders.

When has an officer ever been on the hook for money after doing something on duty?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp

When has an officer ever been on the hook for money after doing something on duty?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

[Linked Image]

I take it an officer has never been financially responsible for something they did in the line of duty? That is a good thing you and I both support so why flip me off for paying tribute to that?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Colts are now about $900.00 new

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Should just get his department to get a real one from the military assistance program. Might even get the M203 with it.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I take it an officer has never been financially responsible for something they did in the line of duty? That is a good thing you and I both support so why flip me off for paying tribute to that?

nothing reflecting your content.

I just feel like flipping you off.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

nothing reflecting your content.

I just feel like flipping you off.

[Linked Image]

Somehow I doubt that. And it makes no sense because you support police just like I do.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 51 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,813
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.