Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
The boys on Greybeards ( pretty cool group) have been really upset about this for some time I have been following it there. They take it personally.
In the past I had a pile of these and have thinned them down quite a bit still have a few.
I was thrilled to find one in 22Hornet at a very fair price
There is something very cool about the simplicity of these
I think this Hornet will be great in my trunk I would be very unlikely to do this to my ABolt Hornet so these are useful to me

They changed the Deer Laws here in So Michigan 44mags have get very popular bad timing to stop
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
BP-B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I hope production resumes, although they are losing their market to the entry level bolt guns. At one time a shooter on a budget could get a Handi for a lot less than a bolt gun. That is no longer true. The Savage Axis and Ruger American are not much more expensive than the Handi and look how much more you get. The Handis are often a bit difficult to get to shoot accurately due to the for end mounted to the barrel and not everybody has the patience to tinker with them.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
According to what looks to be a very good source on GO
they announced today the end of production

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My first real hunting gun was an H&R .410 and for that I'll love them always. Fortunately I bought a Handi in 7mm-08 as well as a .223 tube last year. In a rare stroke of good sense, I got the short stock to convert them into a small person's gun as well. Neither has been shot, but a local smith did a great trigger job for $60.

As far as Freedom Group goes, I shed no tears for their market share lost to Finns and Europeans.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
According to what looks to be a very good source on GO
they announced today the end of production

Hank appreciate the heads up, but need to ask: What is "GO" please?

And do you know anymore about where I could confirm this myself.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
fourbore he should have typed GBO Graybeard Outdoors. go down to the H&R Handi rifle centerfire rifles section. It's posted there.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php

maddog

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
thanks, that is this thread:

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/hr-centerfire-rifles/bad-news!!/

I guess it is not official, but seems bleak for H&R single shots.
What a shame.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'd say it's "official" enough, since Brian works as a smith for H&R. sad news all the way around. Between my son and I we own five H&R single shots, 3 rifles and 2 shotguns. Thinking about going and buying a new little 410 pardner I saw at the gun shop, last week.

maddog

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have a Handirifle in .17HMR and thought about selling it a while back. Glad I changed my mind! grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My first shotgun as a Kid was a H&R and my first M-16 in the Army was a H&R

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.