Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
We are gonna go hunt Axis and Blackbuck........thought if we landed in just right, we would take YOU to dinner, and do you one more favor by NOT staying at your house! laugh

( That always seems to lead inevitably to a hangover....)

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are always welcome here you know that wink Axis is good eats...how is blackbuck?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
I dunno.....yet. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ingwe
Florida has two less feral pigs to worry about grin

Eaters....made good pulled pork for me and a bunch-o-freinds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am soooo envious.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
blackbuck is slightly above average

FJB
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Ingwe congrats,looks like a great time was had by all...Well done Sir...ScottyO.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Happy so far...the .223AI has scored six kills, all head shots.No tracking. grin

Since you now have a taste of my neck of the woods, you see why I use it. They stay put after the shot.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats on the piggies! I've got a hunt lined up starting March 15th.

P.s. My blackbuck was extremely tasty, but not as much as the addax followed closely by the scimitar horned oryx.

Goofy aka graybird on other forums

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by eh76
You are always welcome here you know that wink Axis is good eats...how is blackbuck?

Mature Blackbuck bucks are usually between 80 and 105 lbs. Their hams, tenders and backstap are prime. Their meat is very dark, like axis or sika.
It makes excellent jerky, chicken fried steaks,or butterfly steaks. It can be more gamey tasting than whitetail. It also works well in mixing with pork to make link/pan/summer sausage.
The does, though smaller are also excellent table fare.

[Linked Image]

How sweet it is

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Congrats on the pig bag. the rifle looks hot but maybe could use a pic of a semi naked redhead on the stock. Looks like you had a good time anyway. Magnum Man

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Way too much gun....

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Dats what everybody thought, till they saw it work. One guy tried to buy it! grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Did you use your Thermacell? Or where you here for our cold snap? That two hours at 34 degrees was a killer!

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by eh76

Mature Blackbuck bucks are usually between 80 and 105 lbs. Their hams, tenders and backstap are prime. Their meat is very dark, like axis or sika.
It makes excellent jerky, chicken fried steaks,or butterfly steaks. It can be more gamey tasting than whitetail. It also works well in mixing with pork to make link/pan/summer sausage.
The does, though smaller are also excellent table fare.

[Linked Image]

How sweet it is

Best,

GWB

Hmmm thats intersting. We tried black buck years ago, had to put it into sausage finally. Not impressed.

Then one rainy night we were tasked with finding a mouflon ewe. For the gals cooking for their paid hunters when we were guiding. It was raining hard and on 16K acres on a 2.5 hour drive, we found only blackbuck so head shot a doe with 22 mag. Got chewed out good when we got back. It was what it was though.
Actually the gals covered it so much almost all you coiuld taste was bell pepper. Told us to come home empty handed next time instead of blackbuck...

I'm sure it can vary as to diet as we all know.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RevMike
Did you use your Thermacell? Or where you here for our cold snap? That two hours at 34 degrees was a killer!

No...I didn't even take the thermacell. I only saw one mosquito the whole trip...he was on the window screen,begging to be let in! shocked

I will be taking thermacell to Tejas in a couple weeks.

Last edited by ingwe; 03/01/15.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Congrats Tom! how soon ya movin' to where ya can hunt porkers and limb chickens all the time?.......just sayin'....whistle grin

maddog

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
As soon as they import both to the Bozeman area! grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Awesome! Nice shooting, Tom.

Sounds like you have a couple good months in a row.

Congrats!

Chris

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Dats what everybody thought, till they saw it work. One guy tried to buy it! grin

They must not have been a native Texan....everything is big in Texas. The rakes, the shovels, even the hoes.... laugh

Pig trips down south are nice this time of year, especially when even 15 degrees feels like 65!

I almost went out and shot the steel PD today. Almost.....

Loaded 300 Mag Deuces instead, then drank beer.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Florida has two less feral pigs to worry about grin

Eaters....made good pulled pork for me and a bunch-o-freinds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I saw these neat pic amidst some scantily clad wimmens............. Neat that you got to do this and neater that you shared them with all of us. Thank you.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,500
Posts18,452,470
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.