South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Rattler, we leave for RSA April 17, will be there thru the 29TH. This will be our 3rd trip to Africa and each trip was scheduled for mid to late April. If you require more info, PM me. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Weather varies a lot depending upon the exact area. RSA hunts year around. Namibia is closed for a about two months around the first of the year.
Anytime is better than not going. I have enjoyed trips in Late March early April and late Sept.
Just go.

Last edited by RinB; 03/01/15.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RinB
Weather varies a lot depending upon the exact area. RSA hunts year around. Namibia is closed for a about two months around the first of the year.
Anytime is better than not going. I have enjoyed trips in Late March early April and late Sept.
Just go.

thats what im figuring....doesnt take a hell of alot to make me happy, exploring some country, shoot a couple critters and ill be happy with the money spent....i just want to see Africa and do a lil hunting.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I agree with RinB. Have done safaris from early April through early October, and while I got rained on and hot more than during the "standard" months, always had a great time.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Namibia's formal tourist sport hunting season is from 1 Feb to 30 Nov. Landowners can take "common" game for "own consumption" anytime.

RSA is a different story due to each province having it's own rules/regulations.

Here is a link to the PHAZA web site that has links to each RSA Province's regs. Mouse over the "LEGISLATION" banner and it will drop down and you then "PROVINCIAL NAT. CONSERVATION" and you can read the regs directly. Also need to find the link called "PROCLAMATIONS" where you can also find the current season dates with tables for the specific species.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sheridan,

That time of year is not perfect but it's definitely do-able and if that is the timing that works best for you, get on the damn plane and go!

Sounds like you loved Australia, so I can assure you Africa will be right up your alley!

Cheers and congrats on the job!

Chris

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
yeah Chris, Australia was a blast even though it got cut short before the real hunting started but i did draw blood anyways laugh will be going back. but Africa has been on my list almost as long as Oz has been and would like to get there while its possible for me rather than waiting for "the perfect trip" which may never materialize, Africa has been yanked from my grasp unexpectedly twice in the past 10 years.....ill take a less than perfect trip(due to weather ect) i get to take versus the perfect one i only get to think about....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.