24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What about all the folks that died before Jesus? Do they automatically gain entrance, or did they all go straight to hell or spend eternity in some sort of limbo?

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Jesus said that those who will be saved are drawn to him by God. In Romans, Paul went on to tell us who those are who are drawn. They're the ones who God foreknows, the ones who will answer. God doesn't call the ones who he knows won't answer. It's not predestination. We have free choice but God knows what that choice will be and those he calls to salvation.
As far as the OP question - how about those who have never heard? God foreknows them. He knows which ones will answer and some how, some way, he calls them all and they answer.

Nothing like a superiority complex to go right along with religious conviction, right?

I didn't write the Bible. I just believe it. There's nothing superior about that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FOsteology
What about all the folks that died before Jesus? Do they automatically gain entrance, or did they all go straight to hell or spend eternity in some sort of limbo?

There's a loophole. There always is for such questions. Of course, it's contradictory to church dogma but hey, why be consistent?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Jesus said that those who will be saved are drawn to him by God. In Romans, Paul went on to tell us who those are who are drawn. They're the ones who God foreknows, the ones who will answer. God doesn't call the ones who he knows won't answer. It's not predestination. We have free choice but God knows what that choice will be and those he calls to salvation.
As far as the OP question - how about those who have never heard? God foreknows them. He knows which ones will answer and some how, some way, he calls them all and they answer.

Nothing like a superiority complex to go right along with religious conviction, right?

I didn't write the Bible. I just believe it. There's nothing superior about that.

You certainly think yourself to be one of the superior ones that God knew before hand and called to Him (at the exclusion of others). That would be a superiority complex and at times it's rather evident.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Being saved isn't superior, it's smart. You have a choice of heaven or hell. There are no other options and you MUST choose one or the other. It's 100% your choice and at this point you seem to be wasting the chance of your lifetime. That's not smart.

― George Orwell

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
To the OP:

I was told by a "good Christian" that those who had never heard the word because they were raised in another culture were all going to hell.

Nothing like brotherly love....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Don't trust anyone that say's they know God's mind.

Kent

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe

I was told by a "good Christian" that those who had never heard the word because they were raised in another culture were all going to hell.

Of course they are.

Isn't the Bible required reading for MENSES?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
To the OP:

Nothing like brotherly love....
Your 'good Christian' needed to try reading the Bible. Every one will get a chance no matter where they are. How they get that chance is beyond my knowledge but they'll get it. God's desire is that NO MAN will perish and he set it up so they'll all get the chance.

― George Orwell

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave

Of course they are.

Isn't the Bible required reading for MENSES?

Dave

Actually, you have a choice of reading fiction, or non-fiction.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being saved isn't superior, it's smart. You have a choice of heaven or hell. There are no other options and you MUST choose one or the other. It's 100% your choice and at this point you seem to be wasting the chance of your lifetime. That's not smart.

You have no idea at what choices I've made, but you certainly like to guess and feel superior. Several of my better friends are devout Christians and I have NEVER seen or experienced from them any level of the superiority complex or evangelical bent that many on here wrap themselves in.

If God calls to a man's heart and knows what's in that heart before hand, I think there are a lot of "Christians" out there that wrap themselves up in the Word but haven't truly been called at all, as their heart isn't a reflection of God's Love, and there are a lot more out there that live that Love and that Word without making a righteous ass of themselves that, while overlooked by the "Christians", are themselves truly called and destined.

He knows His own, and can pick wheat from chaff more easily than many realize. He also can see right through the self-righteous "Christians" that try oh so hard to convince everyone (including themselves) that they are "blessed", when in fact they know that they are not.

Now, I'm not accusing you personally of being a "false Christian", but you know as well as I do that there are more than few of those out there (on here?) and they are among the first to "spread the Word" to "show their Faith". Much like a peacock ain't much more than a glittery chicken, all that fancy professing can't cover up what's really underneath.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You're going to wish you had read the Bible when you and your high IQ are burning in hell.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

You're going to wish you had read the Bible when you and your high IQ are burning in hell.

Dave

I'll be wishing Id done a number of things differently....as Im visiting with you at the humidor....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nope. I'll be in heaven.

With Ringman and Rock Chuck and eyeball and curdog.

Wait... Hold on...

Dave

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"

Priest: "No, not if you did not know."

Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
--Annie Dillard

I always found this an intriguing concept.

When I was a little child I asked my pastor the same question and he gave the same answer.

So I said, "It sounds like we should quit sending missionaries."

He did not have a good answer. The real answer, of course, is that we make converts to get more and more people putting money in the collection plate.....thus we increase our financial power, our influence and our nation's hegemony.

Troll Slayer--Last Best Hope and Lord and Savior of the unwashed masses.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Nope. I'll be in heaven.

With Ringman and Rock Chuck and eyeball and curdog.

Wait... Hold on...

Dave

Dang!

We will need to talk about this repentance thing over a few beers....

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
4- a correction if I may. All are called, few are chosen.

Travis- we fervently pray you and the leopard will be there. grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
All are called, few are chosen.

uh-oh.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
4- a correction if I may. All are called, few are chosen.

Travis- we fervently pray you and the leopard will be there. grin

Again, so much for the "all you have to do is ...." and that goes right back to the superiority complex. For a God that loves us all and wants a relationship with us all to save us all, "chosing" just a few is counter to that.

That's the BS of a man-made religion over God.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If God has the sense of humor that I believe Him to have, I fully expect to see Ken Howell as the guardian of the Pearly Gates, just before I plunge into a pool of fire.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
736 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 86 invisible), 2,725 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.