Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I could probably deal with that much better than the EW medalist...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

This is how I'd roll, and it's one of my favorite Campfire rifles to boot.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Yup that appears to be it. In addition to being shorter it's leaner too.

Sales Rep AT Stocky's said the stock she had in hand L/A weighed 30 ounces and was 30" long.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You can examine the stock I got and the factory EW that bsa posted side by side and see differences. The angle off the back side of the grip, the height of the butt portion behind the grip all the way to the pad. The grip thickness and of course it's shorter like the compact version from McM. I couldn't nail it at first but this is definately trimmer and it's obvious in the hand. Needless to say I am just happy I got what I got!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You can examine the stock I got and the factory EW that bsa posted side by side and see differences. The angle off the back side of the grip, the height of the butt portion behind the grip all the way to the pad. The grip thickness and of course it's shorter like the compact version from McM. I couldn't nail it at first but this is definately trimmer and it's obvious in the hand. Needless to say I am just happy I got what I got!

My EW stock is 32 inches long so it is different

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
but the medalist of mine in the pic on page 1 is 30 3/8"

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think they have re-designed the stocks, this is a replacement EW I just got back for Winchester, the first one had the clubby black stock, this one is definitely slimmer.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My buddies got a 270 ew in an edge. I like the way it feels, but I prefer a fwt/edge combo than the ew/edge.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by snowboardguy
I think they have re-designed the stocks, this is a replacement EW I just got back for Winchester, the first one had the clubby black stock, this one is definitely slimmer.

[Linked Image]

That one definitely looks slimmer and shorter to my eyes. I'll bet that's the same one alaskacub has..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by keystoneben
My buddies got a 270 ew in an edge. I like the way it feels, but I prefer a fwt/edge combo than the new/edge.

Ben we know what you prefer. For some reason I think it starts with "Pre 64" something or other.. whistle

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah my favorite rifle is a 30-06 pre64 FWT/edge combo, but I'm a fan of any handy combo. I would like to get my hands on a short action EW/edge to see how it feels compared to the 270.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

[Linked Image]

Is that on a short or long action?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did B&C finally get a clue???

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

[Linked Image]

This is the stock I saw at the Winchester booth at SHOT Show in January. I immediately noticed that it felt slimmer. I asked the rep and he said the stock was redesigned to be slimmer.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Old Elk Hunter,

It appears the stock that the OP got is now called the Medalist Ultra-Light. Here it is on Stocky's website for $269.

https://www.stockysstocks.com/bell-...e-weather-u-s-repeating-arms-stocks.html,

It is not checkered and it has the same model numbers as the OP's stock from Redhawk Rifles for $249.

Last edited by nifty-two-fifty; 03/03/15.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Old Elk Hunter,

It appears the stock that the OP got is now called the Medalist Ultra-Light. Here it is on Stocky's website for $269.

It is not checkered and it has the same model numbers as the OP's stock from Redhawk Rifles for $249.

Yes I called Stockys and she gave me some measurements that are different then what came on my brand new EW. Will definitely put up my EW stock for sale and get that or a Mcmillan

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
As I stated earlier, I've owned a bunch of McM stocks, but at the price point of $249 and immediate availability for this new style B&C, it's really a no brainer. For those of you that have owned the original Rem Ti take offs and liked them, IMO this is a very similar stock.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
As I stated earlier, I've owned a bunch of McM stocks, but at the price point of $249 and immediate availability for this new style B&C, it's really a no brainer. For those of you that have owned the original Rem Ti take offs and liked them, IMO this is a very similar stock.

Thanks for bringing up this thread. When I purchased my 70 a few weeks ago there was one on the rack, it felt fantastic and I told the guy at the counter that I would be right back, went out to the car to get some stuff. It was sold by the time I came back eek in less then 5 minutes. The owner of the LGS told me that they had one more left.. I looked it over for issues found none and purchased it . I have a feeling that the one that was sold out from under me was the one with your stock dimensions it was black with white effects while mine is all black.

I have a short action 270 WSM that I am on the fence about selling and the 264 , I think the 270 WSM gets a edge compact but I am thinking of putting the stocky stocks "new" medalist on my new 264 and selling the other in the classifieds.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Old Elk Hunter,

Yes I called Stockys and she gave me some measurements that are different then what came on my brand new EW. Will definitely put up my EW stock for sale and get that or a Mcmillan

Did you happen to get a circumference measurement in the grip area? Would like to compare to my 'clubby' B&C.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

[Linked Image]

Is that on a short or long action?

Short action, 7mm-08 to be exact. grin

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 751 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,403
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.