Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Wyogal Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Friends of mine have Blue Cross Blue Shield under the ACA.
His wife gets labs drawn at their Dr office. Their portion of the cost was $900.00 !!!! The hospital did the actual work up of the labs. Of course my friends have a $4000.00 deductible.

I don't have insurance. I get the exact same labs drawn at the hospital, as a private pay customer, and I paid $80.00.
While her labs were drawn at her Dr, its the same hospital that ran my labs.

This is insane......

Last edited by Wyogal; 03/02/15.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You are correct.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Accountants and billing clerks.......particularly in the medical biz.....do make mistakes.

Call 'em and call BS.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

W
Wyogal Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
They did.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Wyogal
They did.

So what yer telling me.....is I need to cancel my insurance entirely and play deadbeat?

Ain't no place on this planet where even routine bloodwork costs 80 bucks.

Crawl back under your rock.

IC B2

W
Wyogal Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Yes there is. It used to be called Wy Healthfair labs. Now its called Direct access labs, through Lifepoint hospital system.
SBH, I don't care what you do with your insurance...though, might have thought of a suggestion...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the hospital i go to runs what they call a 'birthday special' for bout that....once a year you can go in and get everything like cholesterol, thyroid hormone, liver function and i forget what all else for pretty cheap if you pay cash at the time of the draw....i do it every year to save me some money cause the docs keep pretty close eye on my thyroid and liver function.....the cholesterol is mostly FYI cause its always been good

Last edited by rattler; 03/02/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
All I had to see was the part about the $4,000 deductible, to know it was a mistake or BS.

Phil

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rattler
the hospital i go to runs what they call a 'birthday special' for bout that....once a year you can go in and get everything like cholesterol, thyroid hormone, liver function and i forget what all else for pretty cheap if you pay cash at the time of the draw....i do it every year to save me some money cause the docs keep pretty close eye on my thyroid and liver function.....the cholesterol is mostly FYI cause its always been good

RA,

You're cracking me up. And then just how much do they charge you for further work if a single indicator is slightly outta whack??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well my liver function is always out of whack and my thyroid meds tend to only be adjusted every other year.....havent had an extra test for anything out of whack since they figured out my high liver function is just me being an outlier on the statistical curve, it might not fit the average normal but since it effectively never moves it is and has always been my normal....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

RA,

Love the 'Montana Birthday Special'. Sounds like Wyoming is offering the same, only maybe year round.

Can I drive north for a day or two and have the PVNS in my right knee removed for $99.99?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
god you are a phuggin idiot....if you dont realize hospitals offer cash discounts your a moron....they have for a long time........

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
god you are a phuggin idiot....if you dont realize hospitals offer cash discounts your a moron....they have for a long time........

RA,

Are you faulting me for being a responsible, working American with health insurance being my #1 primo benefit?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Think people are getting the terminology all mixed up between;

Deductible, Out of Pocket Expense, and Co-Insurance...

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
im working and have health insurance aswell....but mine comes with a deductible and ill save money where i can.....lil cash on occasion gives me more bang for my buck

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

The statement was made.........that some level of bloodwork.........only costs 80 bucks.

And.........I'm calling BS aaaaaaaallll over that one. Unless it includes only a nursing assistant sticking your finger with the quicky glucose meter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and your full of chit as usual.....get off the phuggin pills.........

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
does sbh stand for sux balls homeboy? he seems to fit the bill.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's best not to question these things. If you simply bend over and take whatever it is that they have for you, right up the arse, you'll be much more content. 53% of the populace cannot be wrong. Just follow along. If your healthcare bankrupts you, you can always count on the government to bring in a shipping container for you to live in half of...as "getting sick should never cause anyone to go bankrupt" You'd be surprised how comfortable half a shipping container can be! You'll even have room for your bicycle! Once installed in your half shipping container, you will no longer feel the need for internet access that allows you to actually learn anything, or enjoy interaction, like this website, let alone any hobbies that might take up space or distract you from being a productive citizen. You'll have everything you need, with included web access that will tell you how to think AND feel.

SBH is commie cacksucker, it's best just to ignore his ignorant arse. I've not been around for some time...Is this Jeff_O?

Last edited by kciH; 03/02/15.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Only thing I hate more than a lib is a lib-hater that spews pitiful, outrageous, un-American, America-destroying lies.....just to try to prove their point.

It's sickening and VERY tiresome to me. And it's a good deal of the reason that this country is done. Nothing in it's extreme form is a good thing in life. Nothing.

Stubborn, extreme conservatives will stop at nothing to gain their point.........just like the libs. Absolutely no difference between the two.

Exhibit A.......right here.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
SBH, Wyogal is quite correct!! We used to have "Health Fairs" annually,now many Wyoming hospitals offer low priced "screening" on a regular basis!!! I also work for a living and have Health insurance, but only a Damn fool would pay more than needed if they are aware of the other. It's not for "wellfare cases", it's available to all!!!! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/02/15.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
except you have no anchor in reality.....but given by your own admission a like for chasing sleeping pills with alcohol thats hardly a surprise

Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Ahhh, my favorite subject. Sleep is one of life's great simple pleasures.......unless you can't. Then you get to be a perpetually pissed off out-of-energy person like me. Nothing like having to get up and go to a full day's work after a grand total of 3 hours sleep feeling like you've been run over by a train.

I developed depression related insomnia (not Sleep Apnea) in 1994. Been thru every anti-depressant and Benzodiazepine on this planet. Anti's didn't help much.....but the highly addictive Benzo's did. I even bought Xanax from a drug dealer cuz my doc wouldn't prescribe this addictive med. Clonazepam did the best for me for the longest.

Been on Ambien (and now Ambien CR) for 5 years and just recently added in the anti-depressant Trazodone which has the side effect of creating drowsiness immediately. Both meds get me 4 to 7 hours per night. I consider a deep 6 hours sleep a resounding success.

Insomnia has been the ruination of my life since 1994. Can't sleep at all unmedicated. Without meds I'll lay awake for 3 nights straight, no kidding. You know you have serious insomnia when you pop an Ambien, a Xanax............and slam a half-pint of Yukon Jack before bedtime.......and that all gets you a whopping 3.5 hours sleep.

Soooooo, what do you all take and what are some of your stories about your long-time attempts to get a good night's sleep?

Grrrrrrrr..........

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I Had Blood Work Few Weeks Ago. $832 With BC/BS. My Part Was. $112. Friend Had Same Test At Diffrant Hosp. He Payed $32.00.It Pays To Shop Around..And Pay Out Of Pocket At Times..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So Folks,

Are you suggesting...........then........that medical businesses recognize the insured versus the uninsured........and charge the insured MANY TIMES the uninsured........cuz they know that the insurance company will pay without question?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Big difference in blood work also, simple test 1 vile, complete work up 8 to 10 viles. Done in office, or at the Hospital.

Cost varies, location plays a big part of it all also!

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH
So Folks,

Are you suggesting...........then........that medical businesses recognize the insured versus the uninsured........and charge the insured MANY TIMES the uninsured........cuz they know that the insurance company will pay without question?

you had your head in the sand for a couple decades? depending on the insurance company yes very much so

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Greyghost,that is correct. A complete "screening" is more expensive! Apples should be compared to Apple's, but these attacks by SHB are unwarranted and irresponsible! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
except you have no anchor in reality.....but given by your own admission a like for chasing sleeping pills with alcohol thats hardly a surprise

Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Ahhh, my favorite subject. Sleep is one of life's great simple pleasures.......unless you can't. Then you get to be a perpetually pissed off out-of-energy person like me. Nothing like having to get up and go to a full day's work after a grand total of 3 hours sleep feeling like you've been run over by a train.

I developed depression related insomnia (not Sleep Apnea) in 1994. Been thru every anti-depressant and Benzodiazepine on this planet. Anti's didn't help much.....but the highly addictive Benzo's did. I even bought Xanax from a drug dealer cuz my doc wouldn't prescribe this addictive med. Clonazepam did the best for me for the longest.

Been on Ambien (and now Ambien CR) for 5 years and just recently added in the anti-depressant Trazodone which has the side effect of creating drowsiness immediately. Both meds get me 4 to 7 hours per night. I consider a deep 6 hours sleep a resounding success.

Insomnia has been the ruination of my life since 1994. Can't sleep at all unmedicated. Without meds I'll lay awake for 3 nights straight, no kidding. You know you have serious insomnia when you pop an Ambien, a Xanax............and slam a half-pint of Yukon Jack before bedtime.......and that all gets you a whopping 3.5 hours sleep.

Soooooo, what do you all take and what are some of your stories about your long-time attempts to get a good night's sleep?

Grrrrrrrr..........

RA,

All you know how to do at the end of an argument is discredit. That's who and what you are. Can't debate a topic at all.

Did you actually spend your own free time searching for that post??? Hahahhahahahha. Get a life, loser.

Based on the claims on this thread, I offer the following.

I buy Ambien at the Obama Health and Wellness Center........30 pills........for 38 cents.

I buy a pint of Yukon Jack for $0.74.........at the Harry Reid Call for Help Center.

Seems to me this is just about the same value-for-the-dollar as a $80 blood workup.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
No simple discussions here! grin

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
debate? you have zero clue on what we are talking bout....its phuggin obvious you havent ever walked in and asked what paying cash will save you....hell of alot of us have done it, some hospital advertise it.......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
debate? you have zero clue on what we are talking bout....its phuggin obvious you havent ever walked in and asked what paying cash will save you....hell of alot of us have done it, some hospital advertise it.......

RA,

So just how and why did the health insurance concept come about........decades ago..........and why is it such a BIG topic today?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
SBH, I was once told," Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they'll beat you with experience",so I'm out of here! memtb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH

RA,

So just how and why did the health insurance concept come about........decades ago..........and why is it such a BIG topic today?

WTF does that have to do with the rest of the conversation here....and besides why something was implemented has nothing to do with what its evolved into decades later......

this recent post brings back the pills and alcohol mixing....you sure in the phug cant debate chit....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by memtb
SBH, I was once told," Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they'll beat you with experience",so I'm out of here! memtb

No yer not.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SBH

RA,

WTF does that have to do with the rest of the conversation here....and besides why something was implemented has nothing to do with what its evolved into decades later......

this recent post brings back the pills and alcohol mixing....you sure in the phug cant debate chit....

It has EVERYTHING to do with the original post and this whole, entire thread.

And you very well know it.

If cash is king.......how did we arrive at where we are today?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
cause of business practices and .gov controling alot of insurance purse strings....health insurance today is not what it was at the start....some of it is but not all of it.....things have changed....cash has always been king, some people just didnt have enough cash to pay it all up front....if you can you often see a discount....insurance payments are what is negotiated between the hospitals and the insurance carriers....its a number they pick.....some things get paid for at cash price, some under cash price, some over.....some way the phug under or over hence why some docs wont see medicade patients anymore, payment is under their operating costs alot of times....where everything falls depends on the particular hospital and the particular insurance company.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Health insurance was created by progressive taxation, it was a means for employers to provide "income" to employees without them having to pay tax on the "income". This was the birth of health insurance. What has happened since is apathy on the part of people who no longer had to pay for their care...until they did. Of course we have the dregs of society who don't pay for anything and feel entitled to everything. I often refer to these as Democrats. Sadly, we've reached a point where these types are the majority. These types do not work for a living, they vote for a living. The world is their garden, ready to be harvested at their will and at the direct expense of people who actually produce something. It's a lefty wet-dream come true. You, SBH, and those like you, are the problem...no matter what part of the world you reside.

Last edited by kciH; 03/02/15.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Cash payments are typically higher at hospitals than what they charge insurance companies. Big insurance companies work with hospitals to get better rates. Medicaid pays a discounted rates. Non-insured pay the most.

Carry on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Cash payments are typically higher at hospitals than what they charge insurance companies. Big insurance companies work with hospitals to get better rates. Medicaid pays a discounted rates. Non-insured pay the most.

Carry on.

extremely generalized statement.....having both been private pay and had two different health insurance policies in the last decade insurance does not always equal the cheapest....can be so but so many different hospitals and insurance companies are involved it is far from an always thing.....overall its prolly true but on individual tests and procedures not always.....its a negotiated thing and sometimes an insurance company will insist on Procedure B being low balled while letting the hospital get Test X reimbursed at a higher than cash pay rate....

but WTF do i know ive only listened to my mom talk about her work in the billing department of the local hospital since 1992.....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kciH
You, SBH, and those like you, are the problem...no matter what part of the world you reside.

KC,

Just cuz I'm puking sick of extreme, lying conservatives doesn't mean that I'm an extreme liberal.

It's sad to see you and others like you living your lives ACTUALLY BELIEVING that those are the only two political positions that a person may exist under in their lives in this world.

Ever heard of moderation in things during life? Ever tried it?

I posted here earlier, you ignorant redneck, that nothing in it's extreme form is ever good for a person or a society. Nothing good ever comes from extremism. Ever.

The OP of this thread posted a stone-faced lie in order to further an extreme political belief. Where is the OP now that the heat is on???

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Calvin

Carry on.

Howdy Calvin,

Expect to wear some heat for your statement suggesting that big business rules this country. wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SBH
You, SBH, and those like you, are the problem...no matter what part of the world you reside.

KC,

Just cuz I'm puking sick of extreme, lying conservatives doesn't mean that I'm an extreme liberal.

It's sad to see you and others like you living your lives ACTUALLY BELIEVING that those are the only two political positions that a person may exist under in their lives in this world.

I posted here earlier, you ignorant redneck, that nothing in it's extreme form is ever good for a person or a society. Nothing good ever comes from extremism. Ever.

The OP of this thread posted a stone-faced lie in order to further an extreme political belief. Where is the OP now that the heat is on???

It sure doesn't take much to get you worked up. Back off.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by SBH

KC,

It sure doesn't take much to get you worked up. Back off.

Are you a man or a woman?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SBH
So Folks,

Yes. That is correct.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by SBH
So Folks,

Yes. That is correct.

G,

As an insured patient..........you also get quicker and better attention, too.........right? From personal experience........the ER staff will pull you outta a room full of bums who have been sitting there for hours right after you flash your insurance card. I am completely convinced that hospitals have a person in the ER running around prioritizing patient care based on insured versus uninsured.

But maybe that's not for bigger payment..........it's for GUARANTEED payment?

Still don't agree with the OP on the extreme difference in costs. Not at all.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SBH

KC,

The worst is those insisting upon sitting a mile behind the assend of their critters and claiming they are much bigger than they really are... That gets into pathetic.

You know, like this guy...
[Linked Image]

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH

Then you've never worked in or around a major medical facility.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know about all the points in this thread. I can only tell you my experience that enlightened me to health care and insurance.

I pay $325 per paycheck for my Blue Shield. Expensive, but great insurance. Zero deductible. This is in Ca through my employer.

At one point of few years ago, I was on the verge of escaping and moving to Nevada. Buying my own Blue Shield there, was $580 a month, $1000 deductible per person per year, or maximum $2000 per family per year.

Some easy math told me I'd be ahead paying my own way. But yeah, we're talking about two different states here. But when I called to find out what my real premium was (before employer contribution) it was $1750 per month. So about 40 miles east of where I'm living, health insurance was $1170 cheaper per month. Even factoring in the deductible, it would have been cheaper to buy my own.

My next lesson was when I was accidentally billed for a service I had already paid. It was several hundred bucks and I was nervous. I called and it was explained to me that I was accidentally billed for the difference between what the doctor charged, minus my copay, and the amount Blue Shield would pay.

Long and short of it is, if a doctor bills the insurance for something he feels is worth $500, the insurance can, and does, say nope, we're only paying $250. Of course you and I don't get to do that. We pay our copay or deductible whether we like it or not.

Something don't seem right with this system....

Last edited by pira114; 03/03/15.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by SBH

RA,

Are you faulting me for being a responsible, working American with health insurance being my #1 primo benefit?
Likely for being stupid and obnoxious.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by SBH

KC,

The worst is those insisting upon sitting a mile behind the assend of their critters and claiming they are much bigger than they really are... That gets into pathetic.

[Linked Image]

SD,

I'm flattered that you retained that photo of my Chichagof Island Brownie. But you, you gutless un-American coward, are using the photo that I posted here for others...........against me. You are the ultimate chickensh$t gutless SOB. Bet you wouldn't do this in my presence. Also, I sure don't get the connection between a Brownie and political lying and/or medical costs. shocked

I don't remember misrepresenting..........or ever even representing.....the size of that beautiful bear. Please post where I did. Oh wait....you can't.

That photo was positioned and taken by my guide. My great, terrific, knows-everything AK guide.....as they all are. It's the only one with me in it, which is likely why I posted it. And.........you obviously weren't privy to the heated discussions that I had with an incompetent AK brown bear guide and his dishonest booking agent afterward. It was fugly. Fawkers wouldn't come near me or I'd have beat the sh$t outta both of them after paying that much money.

You sir, are:

1) A discrediting, staunch extreme conservative who believes in lying to support your beliefs, and/or

2) You believe in lying just because you can, and/or

3) You want to be a member of my stalkers club. This is why you saved the photo for future use against me, you yella bastid.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SBH; 03/04/15.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
All that and more.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Bump.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If many have not noticed, hospitals and testing labs have got real Creative billing since Obama care has been forced down our throat. First off for the same procedure I had a few years ago. The hospital now billed 5 times as much. My insurance requires me to pay a % of that. Which now is higher for me out of pocket than the who process was two years ago. Then they negotiate with the insurance company to drop there share down to what I have to pay. Basically what hospitals are now doing is making a ton of money They can name any price because they know insurance will be there to pay it.
Testing and work I use to be able to afford a year or two ago I can no longer afford. Same insurance and no changes. Just a rip off by the medical providers.
HEALTH CARE IS NO LONGER AFFORDABLE and more older people will die because they won't go for treatment.
The only thing this has done is take care of the useless non working bums.

Last edited by kingfisher; 03/05/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
extremely generalized statement.....having both been private pay and had two different health insurance policies in the last decade insurance does not always equal the cheapest...

From what I see here, Calvin has it spot on. I get statements that show what the insurance discounts are on all my charges. On occasion the lab/hospital will not use the correct code or just send me the bill instead of the insurance company, and they expect me to pay the full price, not the price they agree to accept from the insurance company. Sometimes it takes a lot of phone time to get it fixed and the insurance charged. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH
So Folks,

I thought that was common knowledge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH
Originally Posted by SBH
So Folks,

Yes. That is correct.

G,

As an insured patient..........you also get quicker and better attention, too.........right? From personal experience........the ER staff will pull you outta a room full of bums who have been sitting there for hours right after you flash your insurance card. I am completely convinced that hospitals have a person in the ER running around prioritizing patient care based on insured versus uninsured.

I have double insurance, not once have I been given leeway in a waiting room. Why are you acting as if you are an expert on the subject, when clearly you are not?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by SBH

Phil

The statement was made.........that some level of bloodwork.........only costs 80 bucks.

And.........I'm calling BS aaaaaaaallll over that one. Unless it includes only a nursing assistant sticking your finger with the quicky glucose meter.

I may be wrong but my comprehension of the statement was 80 to be drawn.... usually you pay to have it drwan and pay someone else to have it worked up...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by SBH
Originally Posted by SBH
So Folks,

Yes. That is correct.

G,

I have double insurance, not once have I been given leeway in a waiting room. Why are you acting as if you are an expert on the subject, when clearly you are not?

Actually Bark,

I am. I've seen it several times in the last 18 months.

Evidently.......you don't scream INSURED as loud as I do........

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by milespatton
extremely generalized statement.....having both been private pay and had two different health insurance policies in the last decade insurance does not always equal the cheapest...

From what I see here, Calvin has it spot on. I get statements that show what the insurance discounts are on all my charges. On occasion the lab/hospital will not use the correct code or just send me the bill instead of the insurance company, and they expect me to pay the full price, not the price they agree to accept from the insurance company. Sometimes it takes a lot of phone time to get it fixed and the insurance charged. miles

MP,

Great comment.

Calvin is usually correct.........cuz he's actually sane.

Cal......don't get a big head over this....okay?

SBH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingfisher
If many have not noticed, hospitals and testing labs have got real Creative billing since Obama care has been forced down our throat. First off for the same procedure I had a few years ago. The hospital now billed 5 times as much. My insurance requires me to pay a % of that. Which now is higher for me out of pocket than the who process was two years ago. Then they negotiate with the insurance company to drop there share down to what I have to pay. Basically what hospitals are now doing is making a ton of money They can name any price because they know insurance will be there to pay it.
Testing and work I use to be able to afford a year or two ago I can no longer afford. Same insurance and no changes. Just a rip off by the medical providers.
HEALTH CARE IS NO LONGER AFFORDABLE and more older people will die because they won't go for treatment.
The only thing this has done is take care of the useless non working bums.

Look on the bright side of it. With all this higher billing, you'll get to your deductible that is 4 times higher much sooner. Then you'll be able to get that gender reassignment you've always wanted...for free! That's sarcasm, btw.

Last edited by kciH; 03/05/15.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by SBH

Phil

I may be wrong but my comprehension of the statement was 80 to be drawn.... usually you pay to have it drwan and pay someone else to have it worked up...

Correct-a-mundo Rost,

Hence my disagreement with the OP........who still isn't back here.

Apples should be compared with apples. Oranges are another fruit.

No way an insured program pays 1000%+ over cash. No way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SBH

KC,

I'm happy for you, and those like you, to have all the opinions that you choose to have. When you force other people to pay for your ideas...not so much. You can have all the beliefs you want, go make them happen on your dime and the dime of those who think like you...otherwise you're just a communist thug. You want to force people to do things against their will and pretend that it's progress, when the common definition of such is that you've committed a crime. You, and those who think like you, are not better than the lowest criminal scum on the earth. Just because you've gathered in sufficient number, in one place, at one time, does not make you anything other than what you are.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SBH
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by SBH

KC,

[Linked Image]

SD,

I'm flattered that you retained that photo of my Chichagof Island Brownie. But you, you gutless un-American coward, are using the photo that I posted here for others...........against me. You are the ultimate chickensh$t gutless SOB. Bet you wouldn't do this in my presence. Also, I sure don't get the connection between a Brownie and political lying and/or medical costs. shocked

I don't remember misrepresenting..........or ever even representing.....the size of that beautiful bear. Please post where I did. Oh wait....you can't.

That photo was positioned and taken by my guide. My great, terrific, knows-everything AK guide.....as they all are. It's the only one with me in it, which is likely why I posted it. And.........you obviously weren't privy to the heated discussions that I had with an incompetent AK brown bear guide and his dishonest booking agent afterward. It was fugly. Fawkers wouldn't come near me or I'd have beat the sh$t outta both of them after paying that much money.

You sir, are:

1) A discrediting, staunch extreme conservative who believes in lying to support your beliefs, and/or

2) You believe in lying just because you can, and/or

3) You want to be a member of my stalkers club. This is why you saved the photo for future use against me, you yella bastid.

[Linked Image]

Sorry, I have had a lot on my plate the last couple weeks and responding to a clueless wonder like you simply failed to make the priority list.

Gutless and unAmerican??? That is the best you can do? Surely you remember the noise you were making when you posted the photo. Hardly the backpedaling you are going through now about a bad guide. I will take two or three minutes tomorrow and make a call to see if I can get the public part of your official complaint to the guide board. It will be interesting to see it... Though I doubt it exists...

Being dishonest about the size of a trophy is not only representative of general character but it also shows the most base of all motivations. Now you try to parrot the party line about your beautiful trophy, but you were not so circumspect the first time around.

If you find the thread I saved that photo from you will find you were giving someone else a very hard time about your hunting prowess and claimed not to need a guide... Yet even with a guide you could do no better than that...

You are batting .000 on your guesses about me, but feel free to continue.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, I take a bit of a ripping around here for my views, and where I live, but I'm fairly certain if I hunted with most here they would come away OK with me. I can't imagine hunting with a guide who ends up having that much disdain for me, can't imagine what I would have to do to earn that at all.

Time for SBH to reassess.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mr. Credibility,

You are soooooo wasted and nonsensical in your post.

Please post the link to the thread where I was bragging about my hunting prowess. IIRC.....I was speaking as a proponent of the .338 RUM........and posting pics to support my opinion. Or I was speaking out about the pitfalls of hiring a high $$$ Alaska guide. You managed to save that photo to your own hard drive, for whatever reason. And then you repost it now in order to discredit me when I spoke out against lying conservatives and liars in general.

Okay, it's not #1....but your tactics are certainly one of the most chickensh$t things that I've seen done on internet hunting forums. Why am I not surprised.

Mr. Sitka Deer, you are a liar and a scumbag. Can I pay you to wipe my a$$ next time I travel to Alaska?

Last edited by SBH; 03/06/15.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
338 RUM in a healthcare post? I understand that your kind must avoid the topic at hand when confronted with the mess you've made, but this is a stretch.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
338 RUM in a healthcare post? I understand that your kind must avoid the topic at hand when confronted with the mess you've made, but this is a stretch.

Stalker #12 and drunk #1964........get lost.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH
Mr. Credibility,

Please post the link to the thread where I was bragging about my hunting prowess. IIRC.....I was speaking as a proponent of the .338 RUM........and posting pics to support my opinion. Or I was speaking out about the pitfalls of hiring a high $$$ Alaska guide. You managed to save that photo to your own hard drive, for whatever reason. And then you repost it now in order to discredit me when I spoke out against lying conservatives and liars in general.

Okay, it's not #1....but your tactics are certainly one of the most chickensh$t things that I've seen done on internet hunting forums. Why am I not surprised.

Mr. Sitka Deer, you are a liar and a scumbag. Can I pay you to wipe my a$$ next time I travel to Alaska?

OK, I get it now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SBH

Stalker #12 and drunk #1964........get lost.

Toddle off

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SBH
Mr. Credibility,

Only to humor your pathetic self...

Or as Guy Clark so aptly put it "Sorry about that thing you call the rest of your life..."

Sorry, but to call me saving your ridiculously exaggerated photo and reposting it chickenshit is really funny. Only if your photo was pathetic in the first place could reposting it be the most pathetic thing going... And frankly, it is pathetic...

And I have done the same thing with bear photos more than once... but I made damn sure it was understood what I was doing with the picture. About the only positive thing to say about your photo was the fact you cut the bar ditch out of the photo.

Thank you for calling me a liar and a scumbag... from you everything can be taken in reverse and I now understand exactly how much you realize my greatness and respect me. From you it means so much!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BTW, no, I have zero interest in wiping your ass... You probably have not done it in decades and the thought of cleaning up after you is beyond disgusting!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,251
Posts18,466,956
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.