Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
But not lately.

I'll spare the details but, Monday, daughter's dog (her best friend) had a seizure, couldn't walk and went blind. While at pet ER (60 miles away), Mom (an 88 year old stroke victim)called to tell me Dad (89) was unresponsive on the bed. EMS transports and he takes 4 liters of saline and is sent home.
Doctors with Dad all week.

Make it to deer camp gate Friday when daughter calls to report finding Mom unresponsive. EMS transports to ER. Severe kidney infection etc. Earlier stroke erased Mom's ability to remember anything short term. Ever seen "Fifty First Dates"? That's my mother. Every time she goes to sleep it erases every thing she learned the last time she was awake. In other words, she can't be left alone.

Dad is blind and deaf, so my son stayed with him the first night, in case I needed to call him or vise versa. Antibiotics nocked out Mom's 104* fever pretty quick and Dad was relieved, so I took him home and allowed him to stay by himself before returning to the hospital to stay with my mother.

Next morning I return to get Dad and he can't sit or stand.EMS transports to ER.

Long story short...my father is in ICU, I've been up for almost four days and I just put my mother in a nursing home.

This was easier than making apology by PM for the messages I've not been able to answer.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Sorry to hear it Pat. I haven't had too great a week…but I guess it wasn't so bad after all.

Best wishes.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
damn Pat, sorry to hear

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Dayom. Sorry to hear of this, Pat. Ya'll are in prayers.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's very rough week.

Condolences to you and yours.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear...

When it rains, it definitely pours sometimes...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No...nothing to be sorry about. I am blessed to have both parents at almost 90 years of age, and privileged to be here for them. I just wanted my friends to know why I have been absent.

Speaking of prayers...I have prayed for years that my mother would find peace. She was always the "worried" type.

God gave her a stroke. Now she's always happy. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
glad you've still got your parents Lt. Pat, sorry to hear of their health troubles

truly wish and pray for the best for them

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
"I am blessed to have both parents at almost 90 years of age, and privileged to be here for them."

THIS. I don't know you, but I admire you. I hope things resolve for the better, and soon.

Best,
Gun Doc

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pat, wishing you and your family the best.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

God gave her a stroke. Now she's always happy. smile

It is amazing how that works sometimes. I watched my good wife go through this very thing two years ago. She is an only child with only her son as close family.

I don't envy you, but it seems there will be an end soon. Your family are in our every thought.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pat, you are a good man cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
"I am blessed to have both parents at almost 90 years of age, and privileged to be here for them."

THIS. I don't know you, but I admire you. I hope things resolve for the better, and soon.

Best,
Gun Doc

------

I do know him. I admire him,too.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers Pat

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by GunDoc7

Best,
Gun Doc

------

I do know him. I admire him,too.

That makes two of us.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear of your parents turn in Health, it's tough to watch our parents go downhill.

Prayers for you and your family Pat.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Sorry to hear this, Pat. Those of us who are a bit older than you have travelled down this path and know what it's like.

Wishing you and yours the best.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That's a bad few weeks. Sorry to here this. Prayers for your folks and everyone who is careing for them and a special one for you. Hang in there man.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
When it rains it pours Pat, your doing the best you can given the circumstances.

Prayers sent.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Pat sorry to hear all this,thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
If you need anything call me

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,093
Posts18,464,084
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.