-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What do you like or dislike about the RDX? I'm trying to convince the wife to get one instead of a Q5. Yeah, I think the Q5 would be more fun to drive, but not at $15K more. Had a BMW X3 and was not impressed.

If we get the RDX, it will probably be the upgraded 2016 unless they decide to heavily discount the 2015s. http://www.acura.com/FutureVehiclesRDX.aspx

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We looked at both the RDX and MDX. Ended up with an MDX. Quieter and a little more substantial vehicle. Both were really good, though.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Our kids are now gone and most miles will be just my wife in it. We will drive on longer trips to visit the kids, but I don't think we need the room of the bigger SUVs like the MDX anymore. I do want to be comfortable though. Have you been happy with Acura service?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My wife drives an RDX that we bought new in 2011. We don't roam like we used to so it's only got 28K on it. It's got plenty of room for 2 people,..even 4.

It has a very taut ride, which I like and it's got the turbo 4 that they offered that year, so it's very quick.

It's an upscale Honda product. It's hard to find anything to fault with it.

You just keep driving it and it keeps feeling like it's a brand new vehicle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a lady friend that has one and it has the biggest/fastest engine that they put in it. She has no business in a ride that goes that fast. That thing runs like a scalded dog...
She's had zero problems with it that I know about plus she get's free oil changes and tire rotation as long as she owns it.
It's a damn fine ride if you ask me.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My wife has a 2014 MDX and has been very happy with it. Good customer service. Very comfortable ride.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Well, hell, it's a Honda, so what's not to like! Wife and I just bought a Lexus SUV with 50K on the odometer and it's one smooth, quiet ride. I won't take it to Moab...but it didn't even know we got 8 inches of snow yesterday.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That's a good looking automobile. I've been seeing more Accuras on the road and have thought it would be a nice comparison to the X3.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My wife has a 2010 MDX that she has put ~80K on. It's been a great car. Zero problems and a great balance between performance and comfort. It's been in two accidents and faired much better than the other cars.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
that's a pretty good recommendation.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Our kids are now gone and most miles will be just my wife in it. We will drive on longer trips to visit the kids, but I don't think we need the room of the bigger SUVs like the MDX anymore. I do want to be comfortable though. Have you been happy with Acura service?

Our dealership has excellent service. Just pay attention to what are in the 30K, 60K, 90K services. The 30K you can do 90% yourself. It's air filters, cabin filters and a bunch of inspections.

Gotta be honest - the reliability of the Acura will save you a lot of money over the years compared the Audi.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Our dealership has excellent service. Just pay attention to what are in the 30K, 60K, 90K services. The 30K you can do 90% yourself. It's air filters, cabin filters and a bunch of inspections.

Gotta be honest - the reliability of the Acura will save you a lot of money over the years compared the Audi.

well said although the Audi is one sweet vehicle

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The Audi was definitely fun to drive. The Quattro drive handled curves like no SUV should. My wife enjoyed it too much. This will be a 30K miles a year vehicle and I think the Acura will hold up better in the long run than the Audi. I just have to convince my wife since it's her car.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
We bought an MDX last Summer, and man is it a sweet ride. Lot's to like about it. We looked at the Audi's as well. Seems they like to eat brakes pretty quickly.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
We bought an MDX last Summer, and man is it a sweet ride. Lot's to like about it. We looked at the Audi's as well. Seems they like to eat brakes pretty quickly.

Brakes? We come down in altitude about 2,500 feet several times a week. My truck rarely needs brakes and my wife's needed brakes every 3-4 months. Then I rode down the mountain with her driving. eek Keep your foot off the brake! RDX's and MDX's have descent control in those multi-speed transmissions. You don't need to ride the brakes and they'll last you a year at minimum.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
WyColo, I was referring to an Audi. The Audi A7 needs new brakes about every 30k.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

362 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 958 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.